HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:22 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Its like a disease!

So, as you all know I got back from Afghanistan on Friday night, the 18th of FEB. Well, today is Tuesday and here I am, starting a build on an airplane. I dont know how my wife deals with me sometimes, but, she does.

I have quite a few planes I'd like to get ready for SEFF, wont have the money to get them all up, but I'll get the important ones done.

This weeks project is called a Mega Dart 60. Its a 60" wingspan "stick like" plane. I picked up this odd looking kit here on RCG for about $30 while I was deployed. It seems to be a pretty straight forward, easy build so far. I'll put a crazy electric power system on it and have some fun. Gotta come up with a neat covering scheme for it and probably some LED's. I think it would make a great night flyer.

More to follow as the projects continue!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Last edited by lmopar69; Mar 06, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:10 PM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
282 Posts
Welcome back! And THANK YOU for your service.

Enjoy the build!!

Mark
Scirocco14 is online now Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:25 PM
ultra micro addict
USA, OH, West Union
Joined Jun 2008
206 Posts
welcome home! We appreciate your efforts over there

you do have an understanding wife

Robert
justplainold is offline Find More Posts by justplainold
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:28 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,653 Posts
Welcome back Laine. Thank you once again for your service. You are lucky that you have such and understanding and supportive wife. From reading some of your postings, it even appears that she participates as well. Many guys are not so lucky, as their wives are either unsupportive or downright prevent their husband's involvement in model avaition.

My wife falls somewhere in the middle... she supports me as she understands this hobby is VERY important to me. She just smiles and shakes her head when she sees me either open the box to a new plane/heli, or box up an old plane/heli that has been sold. She does not participate in the hobby as it doesn't interest her, and she only gives me hell about being gone almost all day of every nice Sunday when she's in a bad mood. But she realizes it's important to me, and I'm thankful for that.

You're just now realizing this hobby is a disease?! I guess it took me a while to realize it is a sickness of some sort... it finally sank in when I discovered I used up all the memory slots in my radio.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:50 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks guys. Kristy acctually said she missed having planes all over the place while I was gone! Amazing woman she is. She has flown a few times with an Easy Star and then her Twin Star, but she wont fly if other people are around. Too self concious.

As for this plane Im building, she helped me come up with a nice "theme" for the covering. I wont be posting any pictures of the finished plane, until after SEFF. So, if ya wanna see it, you will have to wait until then! Back to the building board I go.

Laine.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:38 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,547 Posts
Great to have you back, Laine!
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:41 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
You are home, you are home, Hurray, you got home safe and sound and for that I am very happy.
Thank you so much Laine.
You are a hero.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:11 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,571 Posts
Welcome home. Great job. Probably see you flying over my house in Coopertown.
p.s. I'm a boat guy myself although did spend 4 in the USAF.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:15 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,300 Posts
What about that SBach Laine?

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:27 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Not to worry Jack. The SBACH is sitting in the box awaiting its turn. I have the motor and ESC for it, the airbrushing is done and it looks friggin awesome! But, no one gets to see it painted until SEFF!

Laine.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:39 AM
Smoke me a Kipper
Cedar Grove North Carolina
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Welcome back

I think the name of my newest plane says what this hobby really is...LOL

Man I love this plane

Addiction X - Rainy Summer by Aerofundan (7 min 3 sec)
fritzdecat is offline Find More Posts by fritzdecat