HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:20 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
Nice to see you on here Andrew! By the way I am a slick addict (love your work )
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:29 PM
Monroe, Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
1,655 Posts
Thanks losi!! I've been really swampped lately but it's slowing a little now and I can get on here and try and help where I can. I'm glad to hear people are still enjoying the slicks.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
CPIAERIAL.COM
Iowa
Joined Sep 2006
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky View Post
Is this for trying to achieve a neutral CG? If so one thing may be to mount the rudder servo in the tail.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I am just trying to get this one to track well. It is always wanting to drop the nose. I thought I might of had some down trim on the motor so I redid my mounts and that wasn't it.
Like I said I love the 104" and I have had the 51",42", & 70" and loved them all. Just trying to get this one locked in.

Thanks again,
D
dizzane is online now Find More Posts by dizzane
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:46 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
Yeah I have /had the 42, 51 59, and 71. flew the 70 and 89. Love them all! Wanting an 89 really bad!!! Well I just charged up 2 packs so I am out to fly the 59 slick!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:52 PM
Monroe, Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
1,655 Posts
D,

Thats very odd as to me the 59" is the best tracking plane minus the 126". I dont want to sound like I'm placing the blame on hitec but could you check your linkage on the elevator as well as the servo? I have had a few 5245's that didn't center very well. Just move the servo up slowly then release, check the center spot and do the same for the down elevator. If there different look at linkages and if that all feels free see if it's the servo.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Last edited by Andrew Jesky; Aug 15, 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Wording didn't sound correct
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
Suffolk, VA
Joined Nov 2010
2,696 Posts
well put 6 flights on the 59 and broke one of the stringer pieces that runs along the bottom of the fuse. would the easiest way to fix it to buy a piece of balsa and replace the one little section since it has broke in the same place before?
3DBobz is offline Find More Posts by 3DBobz
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:15 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
if it cant just be glued back. Replacing a section of stringer between the bulkheads is easily done
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
Suffolk, VA
Joined Nov 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
if it cant just be glued back. Replacing a section of stringer between the bulkheads is easily done
cause it is cracked right in the mile and i tried gluing it and it still flexes. I will just replace the stringer
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:19 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky View Post
D,

Thats very odd as to me the 59" is the best tracking plane minus the 126". I dont want to sound like I'm placing the blame on hitec but could you check your linkage on the elevator as well as the servo? I have had a few 5245's that didn't center very well. Just move the servo up slowly then release, check the center spot and do the same for the down elevator. If there different look at linkages and if that all feels free see if it's the servo.

Andrew
I unfortunatly have the 5425 servos in the tail of my plane. Had the 225s and hated them and the 5425 are much better but are still the sloppies servos I have. The spektrum 5040 are a little better but not a futaba 9650. When I get some money I will ahve a set of the futabas in there. After haveing the slop free perfectly centering 7985s in my 71 slick I hate having a servo that doesn't center perfectly and has alot of slop.

The 59 slick is by far the best tracking slick I have flown
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:20 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBobz View Post
cause it is cracked right in the mile and i tried gluing it and it still flexes. I will just replace the stringer
You don't need to replace it, just glue a piece on top of the stringer the length of the stringer between the formers..... I usually taper the piece from the middle both directions, and put the thick part in the middle and push it down and glue, so there is a bit of outward pressure...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:21 PM
Suffolk, VA
Joined Nov 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
don't need to replace, just glue a piece on top of the stringer the length of the stringer between the formers.....

SteveT
i might try that then before i go ripping out the stringer.

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:22 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
I was just about to say sister the stringer with another but you beat me to it
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I was just about to say sister the stringer with another but you beat me to it
Great minds think alike.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:02 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
I did get to go out after dinner and fly the two batts in the 59 slick. HAD a blast!!! did a few rolling loops and then just played around working on cleaning up my lines and stuff. Had a few people ull up so the last battery I got to show off a little. The trusty 59 slick didnt fail me I even did a hover catch for my landing !!!! Had a lot of fun today
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:26 AM
EZ Flyer
United States, CA, Culver City
Joined Dec 2010
11 Posts
Thanks SalamSyed for the build log

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post
Here is a build log of the 59 Slick at a different RC forum with quite many build photos and with some minor upgrades done. I am not a hardcore builder so nothing fancy but might be helpful to people looking for things other than the manual. Build starts from page 2 of the thread.

http://www.rcpak.com/index.php/forum...ild-log-review
I am starting my build tomorrow. It is a pleasure to refer to your photographs as I build. I like all the info I can get. Your photos are great. An excellent addendum to the manual and build videos. I am using a Torque 4016-T500, an Extreme Airboss 80 Elite ESC with a 6 cell. I will let you know how it goes.

Reynaldo
Reynaldo1 is offline Find More Posts by Reynaldo1