San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky View Post
Here is a prop I'm testing for the 59"
Well, it certainly "looks" good!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:11 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
OY VEY!!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:55 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyStraight View Post
I have some 6s 2500mah batts that were left from another plane so I wanted to use them up, I also have 4s 4000mah batts so I chose prop size for both batts.

JXF 14x6
140 amps max
3000 watts max (600 watts/pound)
ice regular 100amp esc (200F)
13,100 rpm max

The plane will do ascending flat spins on that much power. I believe based on my experience with the 4s and 6s that the ideal setup lies with the 5s 3300mah batts and very light motor.
But why?
Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:05 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
I have some 6s 2500mah batts that were left from another plane so I wanted to use them up, I also have 4s 4000mah batts so I chose prop size for both batts.

JXF 14x6
140 amps max
13,100 rpm max

The plane will do ascending flat spins on that much power. I believe based on my experience with the 4s and 6s that the ideal setup lies with the 5s 3300mah batts and very light motor.

WOW 3K. My 71 slick was a rocket with 3K. I can't even imagine that much in a 59. Though the ascending flat spins have always evaded me. I have tried though with no luck

I went a slightly different route I got my motor lightened and rewound to 700kv instead of 800 (still useing 4s lipo)
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:00 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
thats purty!!!how you like it so far..(dumb question) need one for my 89,71,and 65 vyps please.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
here we go again....
Pancake takeoff's

YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:15 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Ascending Flat Spinning Flapjacks!

Man I'm Hungry for Breakfest!!!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:47 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
WOW wasn't I just talking about needing a CF prop for my 59
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:26 AM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
3K power on this plane sound awe full to me. For example, I couldn't imagine doing rollers down on the deck trying to blip the throttle. Instead of getting a few watts to sustain your angle of attack you'd get hundreds of watts with that little blip. Your "recommended power plant" is way outside the design scope of this plane and will change the 3D characteristics of this plane in an overall, very negative way!

It's one thing to experiment but please don't make a RECOMMENDATION to others based on something so far out of bounds with the design criteria of the designers/manufacture. This plane is just about perfect (as good as it gets) as designed with the recommended power plants.

Carlo
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:14 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
I really wish the motor mfg. who started all of this would come in and comment on that type of use with one of his motors.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:45 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars View Post
3K power on this plane sound awe full to me. For example, I couldn't imagine doing rollers down on the deck trying to blip the throttle. Instead of getting a few watts to sustain your angle of attack you'd get hundreds of watts with that little blip. Your "recommended power plant" is way outside the design scope of this plane and will change the 3D characteristics of this plane in an overall, very negative way!

It's one thing to experiment but please don't make a RECOMMENDATION to others based on something so far out of bounds with the design criteria of the designers/manufacture. This plane is just about perfect (as good as it gets) as designed with the recommended power plants.

Carlo
theres so much..ummmm,err,"type"?I hesitate to call it "info" in this thread,i think sticking with what is on the 3dhs website for your power system for this plane would prudent for anyone coming into this thread...
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,465 Posts
According to USPS:

My 59" Slick left the US on the 4th June and my 42" Slick left the US on the 8th June.

The 42" landed in NZ on the 10th June and was delivered today, the 59" is still showing as "left country of origin on 4th"

should I be concerned?

Have never dealt with USPS before so not sure if because of the size of the 59" box it may have been bumped to a later flight and the 42" sneaked in.
Lojik is online now Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:23 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
USPS is the worlds worst for updateing there system. It probably got held up b/c its a bigger package

My motrolfly motors were at my PO box and the USPS showed that they still havent recieved the package from subsonic planes yet. I picked up my motors(at 8:30am) and it wasnt until 3P till there system showed I even got it
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
USPS is the worlds worst for updateing there system. It probably got held up b/c its a bigger package

My motrolfly motors were at my PO box and the USPS showed that they still havent recieved the package from subsonic planes yet. I picked up my motors(at 8:30am) and it wasnt until 3P till there system showed I even got it
Thanks, will keep an eye out for it, or a customs letter.
Lojik is online now Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:47 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,207 Posts
Quote:

JXF 14x6
140 amps max
13,100 rpm max

doubling the max wattage from the motor manufacturer... packs that land too hot to touch... this setup has "long term reliability" written all over it. and 600 watts per pound, that's awesome. How's the video coming along?...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM