HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
If many of you need 12V for the cam and for the video transmitter then we would make a design for a clean 12V PSU. But I need a minimum of about ten orders, otherwise it makes no sense for us economically to do it right. Hope you can understand this
RiSCyD is offline Find More Posts by RiSCyD
Last edited by RiSCyD; Feb 24, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
video added to first post...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:02 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
video added to first post...
Very impressive indeed!
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:29 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
^^^

Ditto

Nice edit men! Makes me wanna buy one. All I need now is the countryside to fly in.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
203 Posts
Any chance you guys would sell individual components? I.e. your tuned antennas, motor mounts, wiring harnesses? I'm getting a zephyr soon and would be interested in some TBS parts.
Drednox is offline Find More Posts by Drednox
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednox View Post
Any chance you guys would sell individual components? I.e. your tuned antennas, motor mounts, wiring harnesses? I'm getting a zephyr soon and would be interested in some TBS parts.
Drednox,

Yes, you can get certain individual parts from us. We will also add them to our web store soon. In case they're not up yet you can use our contact form to get in touch with us (trappy is answering the mails usually within 1h) and we'll get you sorted. Please note the wiring harness is made especially for EzOSD, EzUHF, lawmate and DX201, so it wouldn't make sense for us to make that one for you if you use other equipment.

Cheers,

RiSCyD
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2011
203 Posts
Niiiiiiice!! Thanks bro. I'll be ordering some stuff soon
Drednox is offline Find More Posts by Drednox
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
Austria
Joined Nov 2008
55 Posts
Hi,

this sounds very interesting.

Could you just give us a litte more details regarding the features of the
- Team BlackSheep custom filtered powersupply in connection with the Team BlackSheep RTF low noise wire harness?

I am using a 12v camera on a 5v full EZSystem (EZOSD/EZUHF). Currently I use a simple 5v-to-12v step up.

Thx and Cheers,
Stefan
stefannn is offline Find More Posts by stefannn
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:17 PM
Switzerland, VS, Oberems
Joined Apr 2010
523 Posts
a Clean 5v for cam and 12v for transmitter would be nice . If u sell the lawmate receiver too i would switch to lm vrx/vtx .
w4Rd3n is online now Find More Posts by w4Rd3n
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Just a little update from TBS Headquarters
First Zeph kits ready to built...
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,299 Posts
RisCyd - Any thoughts on improving the video system with circularly polarized antennas? Since the plane must bank to turn, CP might be a huge benefit. It also improves video quality.

Another question: Are these fiberglassed or laminating film covered? What kind of batteries can this thing hold?

_Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Hi Alex,

Yes, trappy has wrote to you about that already. Initially we want to include 2 or maybe 3 antennas in the kit. Until we fully tested and understand your antenna designs, we will recommend the linear ones, with their limitations. Our antenna and video systems are heavily tuned so the first time polarization becomes an issue is maybe 2 miles out.

The planes are shipped in 2 halves, we also supply riteweave (glass) and laminating film. The offical way to do it will be 3-4 strips of riteweave and then laminate, but each customer can decide for himself on this.

Batteries are required to be 3300mAh 4S nano-tech x2 (for 6.6Ah in total). The equipment placement is optimized for batteries of this size and weight so we recommend to customers not to use anything else.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:35 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
as soon as i sell my ducati im ordering the rest of my kit... i have the zephyr already but the rest has to wait D:

congrats on getting the website up! they're gonna go like HOT CAKES!

also i see you are vending ezUHF tx and rx..... do you have stock of these or are you going through readymade rc? they seem to have had no stock for the last few months.... i want
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:39 AM
Joined May 2007
20 Posts
wire harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
Drednox,

Yes, you can get certain individual parts from us. We will also add them to our web store soon. In case they're not up yet you can use our contact form to get in touch with us (trappy is answering the mails usually within 1h) and we'll get you sorted. Please note the wiring harness is made especially for EzOSD, EzUHF, lawmate and DX201, so it wouldn't make sense for us to make that one for you if you use other equipment.

Cheers,

RiSCyD
The contact form you mentioned above is that the "hire us" link? How much for the wire harness... I would like one.
Thanks
Brian N
wasper67 is offline Find More Posts by wasper67
Last edited by wasper67; Feb 27, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
brosius85, we do have stock but we are not an FPV store. we do not sell the components individually which are for sale at FPV shops (even though technically they are not for sale there as they are out of stock hehe)

Brian, I think when people refer to the wire harness they actually want the 12V PSU. the wire harness we have works best with our PSU and EzUHF, EzOSD and DX201 inside the Zephyr. Making harnesses that work in all planes is simply not possible. However, our PSU will make it very easy to make your own harness. It will be for sale once we get the Zephyrs shipped.