Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Gents, regarding graphics detail..what is the scale of the Dynam....are we the 1/9th scale?

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Gents, regarding graphics detail..what is the scale of the Dynam....are we the 1/9th scale?

TwistedGrin
Here's the reply I got back from Callie of Callie Graphics when I wanted to order stuff for mine last year...

"Hi Glen,
Our 1/10th scale sets will be the best fit for that. If you order online, put a note in the comments box with the wingspan, and I can scale it exactly for your model. (it's actually about1/9.5th scale)

Thanks!
Callie"

Hope that helps. They fit perfectly...

Name: img0418small.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 94.6 KB
Description:

Glen
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Here's the reply I got back from Callie of Callie Graphics when I wanted to order stuff for mine last year...

"Hi Glen,
Our 1/10th scale sets will be the best fit for that. If you order online, put a note in the comments box with the wingspan, and I can scale it exactly for your model. (it's actually about1/9.5th scale)

Thanks!
Callie"

Hope that helps. They fit perfectly...

Attachment 5113815

Glen
Aye 10:4 Glamourus Muskoka1...will make that note to Callie on my order for 1/9.5th scale decals!!

Best Regards,
TwistedGrin
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:48 AM
Warbirds and More Warbirds
United States, GA, Dahlonega
Joined Aug 2012
49 Posts
Playing Tag with RC Planes not recomended :P

So if anyone was wondering , playing tag with you buddies and your RC planes is not such a great idea (to be honest we didn't think we could actually get each other lol)

The aftermath hehe (picking up a new wing today )

He looks quite proud of himself doesn't he

Thanks to the stability of this plane (and some fairly decent piloting skills if I may say so myself) I was able to land her on the runway with no further damage after the midair incident. I predict the NTSB will be revoking his Pilots License after a thorough review. Hahahahahaha!

Just a remark we had the Airfield to ourselves no one else there (and the Airfield is at least 10 miles from the nearest building in the middle of nowhere) if their had been needless to say we would not have be playing around like this. This kind of behavior is not recommended (especially if you don't have a spare $25 for a new wing hanging around)
Whitey22 is offline Find More Posts by Whitey22
Last edited by Whitey22; Aug 28, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Ha you guys were having a blast.....I think next time it's pay back time...I'd dive in on 'em...LOL. I have always wanted to dog fight with streamers...not sure how our electrics would handle a 15ft casset tape steamer...or something very visable and super light.

TwistedGrin
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Ouch, looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Good for you to get her down in one piece.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Warbirds and More Warbirds
United States, GA, Dahlonega
Joined Aug 2012
49 Posts
Yeah we were having a ball to be honest (prolly why I didn't brain him for munching my newly detailed plane lol) and OH YES IT"S PAYBACK TIME!

Has anyone done the light weight spackle and polycrylic to these Dynams? Or spackle 1/2 oz cloth and wpbu? How did it do? Did the cloth add allot of weight?

I have a few dings and dent's on the fuse and since I will be doing a repaint (when I take the stickers off to install the new callie graphic's we all know the paint will becoming with them hehe) and wouldn't mind putting in a few hours to get her smooth (would love to get the injection bumps that cover the bottom of the wing gone) and pretty.

Oh and we both are now putting together previously decommissioned airframes to devout to this lunacy when we have the airfield to ourselves of course, it was just that much fun! Mine will be a PZ 109G that flew screwy after the vert stab had become weak I added a balsa rudder to it that fixed the problem in flight but it has seen better days (plus I need a good excuse to buy the Dynam 109 lol :P)
Whitey22 is offline Find More Posts by Whitey22
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey22 View Post
Yeah we were having a ball to be honest (prolly why I didn't brain him for munching my newly detailed plane lol) and OH YES IT"S PAYBACK TIME!

Has anyone done the light weight spackle and polycrylic to these Dynams? Or spackle 1/2 oz cloth and wpbu? How did it do? Did the cloth add allot of weight?

I have a few dings and dent's on the fuse and since I will be doing a repaint (when I take the stickers off to install the new callie graphic's we all know the paint will becoming with them hehe) and wouldn't mind putting in a few hours to get her smooth (would love to get the injection bumps that cover the bottom of the wing gone) and pretty.

Oh and we both are now putting together previously decommissioned airframes to devout to this lunacy when we have the airfield to ourselves of course, it was just that much fun! Mine will be a PZ 109G that flew screwy after the vert stab had become weak I added a balsa rudder to it that fixed the problem in flight but it has seen better days (plus I need a good excuse to buy the Dynam 109 lol :P)
Whitey22, I suspect the light spackle and or cloth will most definately add weight to the plane....but of course I have no experience with how much it may affect the P-51. I do know that one of the fellas on another thread spackled his Spitfire and he reported it flew like a brick....but I think he did the entire plane. What ever repairs you make....I am sure you will want to ensure you balance it out not only COG but on both sides as well.

I have flown a dawg plane with several others in the air at the same time- not giving a care if we hit-smashed or crashed...we laughed and played like little kids. I hope to do it again if I can find a bunch of fellas who arrive at the field with the same idea....It was one of the funnest days I have ever flown...waaay coool.

TwistedGrin
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Gents, I got my P-51 Mustang from Killer Planes yesterday. Dropped in a 60amp BESC and completed the build including customizing the battery tray to fit 4S battery all the way against the motor bulkhead. I had to add 105grams of lead below the motor to get my COG at the 70mm mark.......man I will need all the 4s just to fly this bird....but the stock motor and prop on 4S seems like it is going to be enough.....It is a lot of wind moving at just 3/4 throttle on the bench....today I hope to complete raking the gear forward

TwistedGrin
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Last night I noticed the stock pilot could be a female.....or the male Pilot has perfect make up....this pilot looks just like my wife when she has her motorcycle helmet on.....perfect make up, eyebrows and a hint of eye make up.....

TwistedGrin
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:22 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,802 Posts
Fellas,

I am having some degree of difficulty taking off from a very low cut grass landing strip. My landing gear is raked forward via shims underneath the landing gear mounts and bending the struts even more so forward...so I think I am raked about as far forward as I can get. I have managed to take off a couple of times from our grass strip..however the bird will veer left 90degrees and in some cases do a complete 360 before I can get it lifting off the grass. This is simply tork rolling.

This is a Killer Planes carbon fiber rod equipped P-51....took 105grams to get COG at a minimum position. I think the added weight in the nose for this has greatly exasperated the nose over condition for this bird to operate very well on grass.

I am thinking of attempting to kneel down on the runway and hold the tail while throttling up to around 3/4, rudder right and elevator up for take off...very tricky to do by myself.

Have any of us been hand launching this bird?

Best Regards,
Twisted Grin
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Mine is the same way, have never been able to give enough rudder to keep her straight. When I take off I just make sure the left of the runway is clear, cause shes going there whether I like it or not. After enough takeoffs you get used to it. Don't have this issue with other tail draggers, just this P51.

My Parkzone Se5a has a ton of power for what it is, and it takes off straight as an arrow, no veer left or right. It needs very little rudder on takeoff. Don't know why the Dynam P51 is so different, just is.
Last edited by Muskoka1; Sep 04, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:15 PM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Fellas,

I am having some degree of difficulty taking off from a very low cut grass landing strip. My landing gear is raked forward via shims underneath the landing gear mounts and bending the struts even more so forward...so I think I am raked about as far forward as I can get. I have managed to take off a couple of times from our grass strip..however the bird will veer left 90degrees and in some cases do a complete 360 before I can get it lifting off the grass. This is simply tork rolling.
Have any of us been hand launching this bird?

Best Regards,
Twisted Grin
Twisted, I also have a problem with this plane, definitely torques to the left sharply on take off. I have not tried it on grass, but on dirt and pavement, if I am prepared, I can sometimes take off pretty straight, but often I turn pretty sharp left and just pull up before I hit the curb or bushes on side of the runway. My only other taildragger does the same thing (1600mm P-47). I am bummed because NONE of the planes in my Clearview simulator exhibit this common tendency to torque left on takeoff, so I'm not getting much better at controlling it with rudder. I even tried adjusting all the torque parameters on different planes in the simulator, but can not get any of them to have much left torque at all.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Chris
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Nov 2011
133 Posts
add some down right thrust that fix my torque problems
usmcsni is offline Find More Posts by usmcsni
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined May 2011
115 Posts
Play in retracts

any one have any luck getting play out of the retracts I have one thats worse that the other so one sits nice and the other hangs out quite a bit-
luigirox is offline Find More Posts by luigirox