HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2011, 05:12 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
479 Posts
There is new blood coming into the hobby all the time,some of us see this as one of the first available in this size and will buy it. Just because its been done to death doesnt mean it shouldnt be made again.If youre not happy with it, dont buy it,fly one of the ten you already have.Email the mfgrs. tell them what you want to see,the thread is for the P 51 so let us enjoy whatever comes of it.Hopefully it wont degenerate into one of "THOSE" threads.I already have a 1400 mm Mustang,and Ill buy this one as I can toss it in the car without removing the wing when I get a few minutes to fly without making a day of it.It fits a need thats why it will sell and so will the next one whenever it rears its ugly head. I wonder who will be the first to add Etracts? Brutus
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 06:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
BRUTUS2238,

I have the Tower Hobbies 40" new RX-R Mustang that I have added E-Flite retracts to. So there is already a Mustang in the same scale range already out on the market. Yes, the Tower Hobbies Mustang has a 40" wingspan and not 47", but still, it is in the same "size category" and very transportable. So why do we have to go through the vendor "copy cat" competition game over and over and over again on every model?
* Tower Hobbies, which is owned by Hobbico, apparently beat Nitro Planes (Dynam) to the punch on this size Mustang. Nitro Planes should have just gone with something that has more originality in the same size category or simply ask Dynam to develop something original that would STAND OUT from their overloaded Mustang inventory ! Innovation is the name of the game in stimulating the interest of the customer who will spend money in a bad economy.$$
Yes, I do realize that as soon as the vendors realize the saturation problem in the industry, they will hopefully request from their manufacturers what the public is looking for in terms of an original model. Not a clone or copy-cat model.
**The vendors, like that of Nitro Planes, Hobby-Lobby, and Tower Hobbies, are the CONDUIT of the voice of the people to their manufacturers in China! Just IMO. No, this is not going to be "one of those threads". The Vendors just need to know our input and opinions.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease
drypipe is offline Find More Posts by drypipe
Last edited by drypipe; May 15, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old May 14, 2011, 06:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,142 Posts
I just checked the nitroplanes site, they have this one as RTF for 169.00 and already out of the stock. People are fast.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old May 14, 2011, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatala View Post
I just checked the nitroplanes site, they have this one as RTF for 169.00 and already out of the stock. People are fast.
Americans? Yes fast, and unfortunately, very Gullible!
Old May 16, 2011, 08:04 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,438 Posts
did this come in then out of stock at nitroplanes?
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8939-p51-rtf-24g.html

Man, I blink and things move fast?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 17, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
From the limited photos, it seems that the Dynam Mustang Landing Gear struts needs to be raked forward toward the leading edges of the main wings.
I really Wonder if this Mustang will take off and land on a moderate cut grass field without nosing over or bending landing gear? All the manufacturers, in China, seem to test their warbirds on perfect paved surfaces but should also tested their new models on grass fields where most of us, who are not lucky to belong to a club with a paved airfield in the U.S, have to cope with a high maintenance grass field that is not always perfect at times.
**Besides the all important Landing Gear that absorbs the compressive stresses of landings to protect the fuselage and main wings from damage, now is the time to ask Nitro Planes what does the servo tray look like inside? Is it made of Balsa, plastic? What kind of motor mount box does this Mustang have? Is the motor mount a weak Stick Mount or stronger balsa box mount? Is the Motor a junk outrunner "Bell" type motor, or a better quality enclosed outrunner motor with large diameter primary windings that will not overheat the armature core? How large is the battery tray? These are all more important questions to ask Nitro Planes, before you start to spend your hard earned money.
Right now, do not waste time asking about stupid question concerning "invasion stripe" tape being in the wrong place or "wrong size"!!! The scale 4-3 blade prop?? Cosmetic appearances?? Come on!! Nitro Planes must be having a good laugh knowing you guys are missing important details qustions that can affect the performance and durability of this aircraft!! And their SALES. Just IMO.

I hope to see Tony do a flight demo soon for youtube on a grass field.
Last edited by drypipe; May 17, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
we are actually trying to work some bugs out of it currently thats y we pulled it from stock
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
Old May 19, 2011, 01:45 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,788 Posts
Its in stock right now
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8939-p51-rtf-24g.html
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old May 19, 2011, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
The Bugs are now Terminated? Hope the Lg is raked more forward.

Now let's see some photographs of the inside of the compartments and what is under the cowl on the Nitro Planes site!!! Is there a strong motor mount box or stick mount? . Is there a Bell outrunner motor or good quality outrunner. These are important decision making photographs for the customer. Also, are the landing gear plates large enough, is the tail wheel linkage made of plastic or metal?
Last edited by drypipe; May 19, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipe View Post
The Bugs are now Terminated? Hope the Lg is raked more forward.

Now let's see some photographs of the inside of the compartments and what is under the cowl on the Nitro Planes site!!! Is there a strong motor mount box or stick mount? . Is there a Bell outrunner motor or good quality outrunner. These are important decision making photographs for the customer. Also, are the landing gear plates large enough, is the tail wheel linkage made of plastic or metal?
the bugs seem to have been worked out ill try to ask em to get pics of inside and the good thing is that the motor is not a bel style it looks very similar to our airfield moedel which is a big +
Old May 23, 2011, 01:38 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
That is good. Thank you. The photos with the cowl off are important too.

Did they rake the Landing gear more forward to prevent nose overs and easy handling on a grass airfield?
Old May 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipe View Post
That is good. Thank you. The photos with the cowl off are important too.

Did they rake the Landing gear more forward to prevent nose overs and easy handling on a grass airfield?
i didnt notice to much forward rake on it so im not sure how she would do on grass fields. i will be doing review on it today so be sure to watch it on our youtube
Old May 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
The forward rake on the LG is a very important factor, which is most particular for that scale size model and being a "Mustang" which always comes in fast during landings, even with the flaps are deployed.
Also, on paved surfaces, a forward rake in the LG is a good Factor of Safety!

The model must ALSO be tested on a GRASS FIELD because not everyone belongs to a club that has a paved airfield or acess to a clear paved surface!
Last edited by drypipe; May 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 01:25 PM
User Registered
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined May 2011
191 Posts
Aloha Nitroplanes! I just saw the fight review of this Dynam 1200mm P-51, and I thought it look great in the air. How about a build video, showing us the inside of the compartment and inside the cowl...
PacificPilot is offline Find More Posts by PacificPilot
Old May 27, 2011, 03:57 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,142 Posts
Does it come with retract or just retract ready Mr. nitroplane
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala