HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Discussion
HBFP Mk.I (v1) Frame and Boom Upgrade - V2 frame or King 2/3 Frame?

Finally got the FP flying again, but got a little too cocky on the circuit, and crashed into the thick palm tree we have out front (I hate trees that jump out of nowhere..:thumbdown

Anyways, splintered the heck out of the boom, and snapped right at the frame and boom (where they meet), so a new frame is in order.

I was thinking of the Guru-Z as well, however the parts are hell to find (in the US).

So now it's down to the King 2 or 3 frame (Is it any good? Durable I hope?) or the HBFP V2 (looks beefy, but is it also good/durable?)

My current setup involves Superskids 3D which I would like to fit any new frame with the Superskids I already own...

Power setup:
Burned our 4in1 (used for tail and RX) in line with a 30A Turnigy Brushed ESC to run the main motor.
Main motor consisting of the oldd slowmax, with a GWS (I think) DD setup.

Stock blades + paddles, servos, main gear...

Any suggestions?
Looking to keep this puppy for a long time, and would like it to be as durable yet easy to fly as heck!
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Ahh, after some research, the King looks like a huge frame size leap (I think), so it may not be a viable conversion.

Plus you'd have to make some changes to the shaft.

How about changing to a V2 frame?
I'd just need to change the plastic frame, boom, tail, etc?
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls