Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Zeus
Wild East
Joined May 2008
291 Posts
All-Clear Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLOVINS View Post
Roland now that the storm has passed how did you come out? We are all hoping for the best here in Colorado. Please give us a report when you have time.

John Lovins
The storm still is around, hovering over Penghu (Pescadores) islands and Taichung still is within the inner circle and still we got some rain. The good thing is, similar to Irene, the storm has dramatically weakened during landfall with the rugged terrain in southern Taiwan where wide areas are flooded.
Our place at the see side of Taichung is pretty much unharmed and everything looks OK. Now we have to put everything back to original state and our normal busy life can continue.
Many thanks again for the very kind concern of you all,

Mong & Roland
KINETIC is offline Find More Posts by KINETIC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2004
807 Posts
Thanks Roland. Sounds like a good outcome, at least for your area.
JOLOVINS is online now Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:40 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
the storm still is around, hovering over penghu (pescadores) islands and taichung still is within the inner circle and still we got some rain. The good thing is, similar to irene, the storm has dramatically weakened during landfall with the rugged terrain in southern taiwan where wide areas are flooded.
Our place at the see side of taichung is pretty much unharmed and everything looks ok. Now we have to put everything back to original state and our normal busy life can continue.
Many thanks again for the very kind concern of you all,

mong & roland
very cool
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,114 Posts
Glad to here you and your family faired well!!

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,450 Posts
Glad to hear everyone came out fine after Irene and Roland after your more serious super typhoon.

There were definitely places hard hit by Irene in N.C and Virginia, and it could be days before power is restored to some areas. Hopefully I'll have power back on by this evening.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,114 Posts
As power goes on Long Island, they said that over 500,000 lost power and that after one day they have 371,000 left without power. they said they expect power back for 90% by Friday.

It ended up being like 1 in2 or 1 in 3 Long Islanders without power. What really sucks is there are accidents from the traffic lights being out.

Best of everyone affected by the typhoon in the pacific and Irene on the East Coast.

Frank
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:14 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,669 Posts
That is going to be a long time is it hot over there Frank? Sorry to here
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:09 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,114 Posts
yesterday was a beautiful 73-76. Today it suppose to be about the same, maybe 78. The next few days after that are to be in the low 80's. Add to that I think thursday through the weekend there is a chance of rain so we will be way up in humidity.

All I can say is that I do not envy those repairmen being out later in the week and having the need to work through a holiday weekend.

But I will be greatful when I get power back.

Difficulty and challenges in life breed character
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:29 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,669 Posts
Weather here still in the 110 range getting old. I want to fly Concept will have to do at 5:00 in the morning when it is only 90
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:07 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,114 Posts
At least you can beat the heat. We still have no power. Of the 500K+, we are down to about 250K+ without power. Some businesses still have none as well. They claim that 90% will be fixed by Friday and the remaining 10% might be by early next week.

I'd be happy to be able to charge anything much less fly it !
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:54 PM
2013 US F3K Team Manager
Newbury Park, CA
Joined May 2005
1,044 Posts
Does anyone know what servos Roland uses in the wing? One of mine has gone flaky and I need to get it replaced before the Bruce.

-l
dlgdude is offline Find More Posts by dlgdude
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:35 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,080 Posts
I wish I could say "I know" but this is what I believe is in my CX2 wings, built early this year: http://www.hkm-taiwan.com.tw/Show.as...3&Products=145

From this post by Roland: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=323

What's the flaky servo doing?

John
gopherhunter is online now Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:26 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
I'm not certain, but Roland's servos seem to be very similar in appearance to some of the MKS servos.

FWIW, MKS recently had to put up a disclaimer on their web page that the HobbyKing servos that look like thiers are in fact NOT MKS servos.

Soaring USA and AMainHobbies are the US distributors closest to you.

http://www.mksservosusa.com/pages.php?pageid=6

(To me it seems like the DS450 would be the closest match to Roland's servo's specs.)
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:39 PM
2013 US F3K Team Manager
Newbury Park, CA
Joined May 2005
1,044 Posts
Once I took off the wing, it looks like it's the connector that has the issue, not the servo. That's a *much* easier fix!

Thanks for the info guys...
dlgdude is offline Find More Posts by dlgdude
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:57 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,080 Posts
I had a hunch that was it- hence the question about what it's doing... Lucky Day!
Good Luck at The Bruce!
John
gopherhunter is online now Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member