SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
From Earth to the Moon!
Sacramento, Ca.
Joined Jul 2003
1,518 Posts
Discussion
DX8-finally hope it gets fixed! or back to DX7

I tried to upgrade to 2.1 today and discovered that my radio is going to need repair instead of update! I've called Spectrum and talked to tech a few times and couldn't figure out what was up...
Now I try to do an update and get a repair label instead...
This makes sense now though!
I've had quite a few issues with my DX8 and couldn't figure out what was going on. I've had it not recognize bound rx's quite a few times. All my models are bound and fly well; but every day I fly I end up having to turn off the radio and turn it back on at least a FEW times to get it to recognize the Rx. I don't have to rebind - just turn the radio off and on again and it works most of the time. Sometimes it takes a few times...
I used to have a Futaba CH9 with an Assan 2.4 module and it was BULLETPROOF. I switched to a DX7 and was again thrilled with 2.4.
I NEVER had ONE issue with my good ol DX7 - I flew gobs of models with different rx's and never had one single problem. I switched rx's all the time with my DX7; I never even gave it a thought- just rebind and GO!
In addition, with my DX8 I have lost COMPLETE control twice - just like someone switched it off. Banged up my Trex 450 and my P-51... I just chalked it up to aliens and bad luck. Other than that, once the link had been re-established with my DX8 the planes fly perfectly.
I am using all 6110's and up for rx's.
I hope it fixes things and doesn't make it worse...
albireo is offline Find More Posts by albireo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:54 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
Those are not issues to take lightly. When you send your radio in, put in a note that you are having those problems (be specific!) and they will make sure it gets checked especially hard.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:30 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,006 Posts
That transmitter should have gone back before now. Your DX7 experience is what you should expect. It should just work -- if it doesn't there's a problem.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ukraine, Kharkov
Joined Jun 2008
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Those are not issues to take lightly. When you send your radio in, put in a note that you are having those problems (be specific!) and they will make sure it gets checked especially hard.

Andy
At me too the problem with connection of receivers AR6100 also is frequent cases of loss of communication.
I need to send the center in service?
nils.75 is offline Find More Posts by nils.75