HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:42 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
Discussion
Setting up Turnigy 9x tx for simulators

Hi, i got my new tx and it has got a 3.5mm cable input. I tried to connect to my pc microphone socket and enable it using propo plus. But even after following all the steps I could not activate or calibrate my tx . If anyone has got any idea what I should do next please let me know. Thank you
ferdous7466 is offline Find More Posts by ferdous7466
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:34 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
you will need to get a USB adapter
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:41 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
i am using already but the pc does not give any notification of found new hardware or anything. what can i do. i already removed the module but for no good
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:14 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
i am using already but the pc does not give any notification of found new hardware or anything. what can i do. i already removed the module but for no good
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:14 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Are you using one of these?
http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info....roducts_id=261
order one ofthese and select the type plug adapter you will need this will work with the ClearView sim it should show up as a PPM device

yo will need to open your devices and printers and calibrate the radio
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:25 AM
Joined Feb 2011
13 Posts
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/forum...s.asp?TID=1428

read this ! no USB needed.

is use just the microphone input works great.
fpv_freak is offline Find More Posts by fpv_freak
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:11 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Thanks FPV Freak
I have the software downloaded but cant find any mini jacks anywhere
and I am a sound man
fortunately I have some ends so I am going to make one up real quick to see if I can get this software to work on my lap top.
I have an Art Tech radio also that has this audio jack setup too which I have never gotten to work.
I have the Dynam USB controller so I really haven't fooled around with it all that much but I wouldn't mind getting it to work.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:35 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
Hi i plugged it with a cable that is usb at one end and audio jack at the tx end. i plugged the module out of the socket too. but the report at my pc was device driver installation failure. any clue what i should do next?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:43 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
is there any other option like installing a driver....is there any?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:04 AM
Paducah, KY
Joined Jan 2010
178 Posts
Have you figured this out yet? I am wanting to purchase a copy of Phoenix but have put it off waiting to see if someone else has it running with the Turnigy 9x transmitter. Please let me know of your progress or lack there of.
orion13 is offline Find More Posts by orion13
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:51 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
I tried downloading the software but cant get it to work
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:46 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jul 2010
746 Posts
I've got smart propo plus and fms and it works great with the turnigy 9x v2. 2 mono plugs, one into the tx and the other into the mic jack on the computer and smart propo plus picks up the ppm signal instantly without any configuration. Confirmed with the RCAudio ( ppm thermometer) utility that is installed with smart propo plus. No USB adaptor was needed or anything. Just go into fms setup and set what channel does what and your good to go.
dskalski is online now Find More Posts by dskalski
Old May 04, 2011, 01:46 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
I am currently trying to get my Turnigy 9X v2 radio to work with Clearview but I am having a problem I am hoping someone else has been able to solve. My setup is that I have put the 1K resistor in to enable the use of the trainer/simulator port without removing the RF module (although I have tried removing it as well). I have a USB to 3.5 mono mini jack (like the ones used with the JR units) connected to a Windows 64 bit Vista system. I have also tried this same setup with a Windows XP SP2 system with the exact same results. The Turnigy 9X v2 is loaded with ER9x release 344.

This is what happens when I try to connect up the Turnigy 9X v2 and use it with Clearview. The Windows system (both) recognizes the USB cable as a PPM controller and I can plug in the 3.5mm jack into the radio without turning it on (with or without RF module plugged in). In both the Windows Game Controller configuration and Clearview configuration everything works except for channel 1. Forgot to mention that I am running a simple 4 channel airplane setup on the radio. Now I can bind the radio to a receiver and all four channels work perfectly with servos attached, the only thing that does not work is channel 1 while connected to the training/simulator port. I must mention that everything on the radio shows that channel 1 is working, it is just not working through the simulator port. I am hoping someone has ran into this issue and knows what the problem and resolution is. Any and all assistance is appreciated.
Tkrobinson is offline Find More Posts by Tkrobinson
Last edited by Tkrobinson; May 04, 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Well I was able to try a 3.5mm male stereo connector plugged into the trainer/simulator port on the Turnigy 9X v22.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
I am having problems with FMS and Turnigy 9X too.

Problem: Even though I can calibrate in FMS, once I go to try and fly and actual plane none of the Turnigy controls work.

1. Start FMS running
2. I can connect my Turnigy to a Windows 7/64 laptop with a stereo 3.5mm , the Transmitter does start.
3. SmartPropoplus is installed and does start too once I have plugged in.
4. I can perform the 'calibrate' within FMS. When I move the sticks I see matching movement in the first 4, left side indicators.

Now when I try to fly aircraft nothing works.

Im at a loss for next steps.
Thanks,
Mike
uavrat is offline Find More Posts by uavrat