HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:13 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83 View Post
28 here, it doesn't suck that much, I was just getting a little grumpy smoking that stuff I'm good now especially since I got this plane lol!

Cheers!
haha i think like atleast more than half the usa has smoked it before. Legalize?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:06 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Is the throttle on this bird sprung? I was pleased that on the Helix 360 (also part of the Air Hogs "Adrenaline Series") it was not.
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2009
176 Posts
Quote:
I really more into the parkzone planes.... I am saving for a night vapor...

I wonder if I'll end up getting this today... Seems really tempting!
heh want to buy mine? lightly used no holes or anything. might put it for sale here or somewhere else soon

I was kinda mad at not being able to find any other air hogs besides that one star trek-ish one (already have it), been looking for the other jet set forever, finally they have something else, lol. ill probably get it since there have good reports about it
pow-wow is offline Find More Posts by pow-wow
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:14 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
haha i think like atleast more than half the usa has smoked it before. Legalize?
That's a touchy subject, because it doesn't affect everyone the same....

Some people are more prone to addiction.
Some people using it to self-medicate, like I was (it helped me sleep) it can just make things worse than if you talked to a doctor in the first place.

If everyone used it just once in a while for a good time on special occasions I'd say yes, legalize it.... But the problem is a lot of people will abuse it.

I personally would say no.. But someone that doesn't have a problem abusing it could easily say yes.

Cheers!
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:16 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent View Post
Is the throttle on this bird sprung? I was pleased that on the Helix 360 (also part of the Air Hogs "Adrenaline Series") it was not.
Yes, it is sprung. Shouldn't be too hard removing it though.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:18 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow-wow View Post
heh want to buy mine? lightly used no holes or anything. might put it for sale here or somewhere else soon

I was kinda mad at not being able to find any other air hogs besides that one star trek-ish one (already have it), been looking for the other jet set forever, finally they have something else, lol. ill probably get it since there have good reports about it
Buy your vapor? Or hawk eye?
Last edited by jdog83; Oct 21, 2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Your is not spelled you
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2009
176 Posts
vapor. not 100% sure if I want to sell it, but considering to help get another micro. how much do they go for used i wonder, ill research after I take a test for college
pow-wow is offline Find More Posts by pow-wow
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Gonna see if I can get some cool shots today... It's pretty fun.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:02 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
That's a touchy subject, because it doesn't affect everyone the same....

Some people are more prone to addiction.
Some people using it to self-medicate, like I was (it helped me sleep) it can just make things worse than if you talked to a doctor in the first place.

If everyone used it just once in a while for a good time on special occasions I'd say yes, legalize it.... But the problem is a lot of people will abuse it.

I personally would say no.. But someone that doesn't have a problem abusing it could easily say yes.

Cheers!
True.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:42 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
I would highly recommend this plane. I almost like it better than my more hobby grade stuff! Watching the videos, and spying on neighbors is a blast!

I got some cool videos going in and out of trees on my back yard. When it's a little dark out, getting close to sunset it's time to call it a day because the pictures start to get blurry, cause the shutter is open longer. Will post some shots soon.

Cheers!

Jdog
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Very cool comments!

I wonder...would it be possible to mod this plane given that it has a 2.4 receiver? What does the receiver radio look like?

Also, how does the camera work? Does it just have a switch for video/camera? Does the camera take a photo every second or so? How slow can this go? If you turn the motors off, can it glide at all?

So many questions...!
TJFINAN is offline Find More Posts by TJFINAN
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Ok, so Ive been looking online for these. Are people finding them at their local Targets or Walmarts or ToysRus?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
well that was fast...went to Target and picked one up. will report on it later. im hoping to use the images for some landscape reconstruction using photogrammetry. I know 640x480 is not ideal but hopefully this might work...!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:11 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFINAN View Post
Very cool comments!

I wonder...would it be possible to mod this plane given that it has a 2.4 receiver? What does the receiver radio look like?

Also, how does the camera work? Does it just have a switch for video/camera? Does the camera take a photo every second or so? How slow can this go? If you turn the motors off, can it glide at all?

So many questions...!
Yes it can glide, but you can't turn while gliding(no ZTT). I don't know what the receiver looks like, haven't ripped mine up yet. I did open up the tx. It appears the turning stick pushes two buttons on either side of the stick.... So it's not proportional, just bang-bang.... It seems sometimes it misses those buttons and you can't turn..... But now that I actually know how it works, I make sure I feel a click when turning.

Still going to post some shots sooner or later. Cheers!

Jdog
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Some thoughts after a test run:

1. Totally forgot what it was like to fly a thrust-vectoring plane. Took a little to get used to leaving the throttle on all the time.

2. The wind was fairly heavy here, but it managed ok. I would go full throttle and toss it nearly straight up for takeoff. It had a tendency to bank fairly heavily, but the trim fixed that fairly easily.

3. The photos were mixed...some were quite good considering 640x480, some were very blurry. I think the more it can be kept stable the better, but that again was more an issue of pilot error than anything!

4. I dont have the nerve to take it apart yet. It looks "respectably inexpensive," meaning that it will take a few hits and keep flying, but my expectations are low.