HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,246 Posts
So I tried to put a Blue Sky Hawk eye on lay away to day and the system would not let them do it...
It is sort of o.k. 'cause it only has a 100' range anyway, so we have a 2.4ghz radio with telemetry and camera controls but only 100' of range, so what happens past 100' ft.
Does the Telemetry tell you to run! or something, why could they not tack on the missing 200' ????.
I guess it is a stupid complaint seeing as how the economy sucks anyway...

Ps: The taoist Flyer and DittsboyLogan says it has great range though...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Last edited by Machy2k; Oct 09, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
I've gotten mine about 200 ft. Away. Its been stormy here in Meridian ID, so I can't see it past that. I'm sure you could get it a little over 250 ft, if you don't use the controller to charge it.
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
This may sound weird, but I got mine to do a Hammerhead Stall. Just make the plane porpoise, by flying high, dropping throttle, then push to max a couple of times, then when you're vertical go to minimal throttle, and turn left or right. Pretty cool cant wait to get my PZ Polecat now!
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:59 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
This plane looks cool

I really more into the parkzone planes.... I am saving for a night vapor...

I wonder if I'll end up getting this today... Seems really tempting!
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:34 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Got mine

I did end up getting one.... I would rather have the parrot drone, but I can only afford this right now..... At least it's some sort of spy plane... The weather has been awful, haven't tried it out yet, but will post a mini review asap

Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:42 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83 View Post
I did end up getting one.... I would rather have the parrot drone, but I can only afford this right now..... At least it's some sort of spy plane... The weather has been awful, haven't tried it out yet, but will post a mini review asap

Cheers!
dont get the drone till you see the new umx planes coming out tomarrow yes i said planes as in more than one
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:53 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
dont get the drone till you see the new umx planes coming out tomarrow yes i said planes as in more than one
Wow stoned doggie your always quick at the replies

Yeah I forgot about that one, maybe I'll take this back, and sell my mcp x

I have been following that.

Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Wow stoned doggie your always quick at the replies

Yeah I forgot about that one, maybe I'll take this back, and sell my mcp x

I have been following that.

Cheers!
thats because i have been sitting on my computer all day haha, it has been rainy all day
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:11 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
thats because i have been sitting on my computer all day haha, it has been rainy all day
Yeah here too, I wish I had the Internet at home... Lol I guess I could pay for it, but that mean less planes/ helis.... Ohhh and I definitely can't afford to be 'stoned' lol

not saying you are or anything

Jdog
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:55 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Yeah here too, I wish I had the Internet at home... Lol I guess I could pay for it, but that mean less planes/ helis.... Ohhh and I definitely can't afford to be 'stoned' lol

Jdog
lol....
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:08 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:

Jdog
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...514066&page=27

If you see the video on that page that explains my name read it first then watch the video
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:28 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...514066&page=27

If you see the video on that page that explains my name read it first then watch the video
Ok, ha ha I was thinking you were a junkie! Ha ha I use to do it a lot but I had to stop, it was affecting my mood... So now I take an anti-depressant..... Those are my happy pills now I probably would have been a lot further in life if I didn't do it, I quit university. I probably would have been designing these planes now!

Still paying 5 bucks for cigarettes though I really screwed up in life.... I wish I got into this hobby much sooner.

Still ironing out the bugs.....

See my next post.

Jdog
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:50 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
My review

Wow... This plane is really impressing! My first maiden flight I had a little trouble turning left, but then I trimmed it, and wow!

For someone that can't afford a different camera ship(and they do get expensive) this is a good buy. I am having an absolute blast with it! I glad I got this instead, of more hobby grade stuff to play with right now.

For someone use to 2ch planes (I've flown many) I was a tiny bit dissapointed with NO ZTT (zero throttle turning). However, I thought about it, and this ship doesn't hold it's altitude or glide terribly well either with no throttle anyway.

Video and picture quality is pretty good for the price, and I am satisfied.

The plane handled the windy day today well! However its just difficult to aim at your target in the wind. Video was a little shakey in the wind also, but it was still fun to fly.

Even if you print out a 4x6 picture, its not going to hang on your wall... But as an artist, I fooled around with photoshop and cleaned some pictures up a bit.

The quality is pretty darn good if you print out small pictures. I was thinking of making up some little keychain or fridge magnet samples and see if I get any interest at my next art show...

A good buy. But if your parents bought you this, your spoiled!

Cheers!

Jdog
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Ok, ha ha I was thinking you were a junkie! Ha ha I use to do it a lot but I had to stop, it was affecting my mood... So now I take an anti-depressant..... Those are my happy pills now I probably would have been a lot further in life if I didn't do it, I quit university. I probably would have been designing these planes now!

Still paying 5 bucks for cigarettes though I really screwed up in life.... I wish I got into this hobby much sooner.

Still ironing out the bugs.....

See my next post.

Jdog
Thats sucks how old are you im only 15
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:09 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
28 here, it doesn't suck that much, I was just getting a little grumpy smoking that stuff I'm good now especially since I got this plane lol!

Cheers!