HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
Joined Oct 2006
66 Posts
Discussion
Air Hogs' Hawk Eye Blue Sky

Air Hogs' Hawk Eye Blue Sky remote control plane features a built-in camera for taking spy videos overhead.

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewe...,00.asp?p=nAir Hogs' Hawk Eye Blue Sky
slapdinger69 is offline Find More Posts by slapdinger69
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:17 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Nice; she must have a fair bit of power to be able to cart a camera around (even is it is only a 9g camera) so looks like it will be a good mod job.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Something about this one reminds me of the Mini XPV. Maybe it's just the black airframe. I miss those little buggers. Low grade guts in great airframes.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
The Taoistflyer is going to do a review on it soon! in like a few weeks! It's 2.4 ghz, awesome for toy-grade. And the preview of the camera seems like it is high quality1
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:35 PM
dallas
Joined Jun 2007
47 Posts
My 2 cents from the TaoistFlyer

AirHogs was nice enough to send me one to review.

The camera resolution is 320 by 240 for the video and 640 by 480 for still pictures.

One very important feature is the 2.4 GHz transmitter other then great range, it will tell you when your aircraft's battery is running low and when you run out of video space so you know whats going on with your aircraft like never before.

Check out my video review and see it in the air.
Air Hogs Hawk Eye Blue Sky Review (4 min 11 sec)

When it comes to flight it is just like most 2 channel airhogs aircraft it uses thrust to gain altitude, and it uses engine speed variations for turns but it's got the latest 2.4 GHz airhogs TX and a built in camera that works pretty well outdoors. It really seams like something that a lot of people will like cutting up and making their own camera ships out of.

Thanks for checking out the review, stay tuned for more.
taoistflyer is offline Find More Posts by taoistflyer
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,489 Posts
Not bad

a lot of people probably will cut it up.

how much does it retail for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistflyer View Post
AirHogs was nice enough to send me one to review.

The camera resolution is 320 by 240 for the video and 640 by 480 for still pictures.

One very important feature is the 2.4 GHz transmitter other then great range, it will tell you when your aircraft's battery is running low and when you run out of video space so you know whats going on with your aircraft like never before.

Check out my video review and see it in the air.
http://youtu.be/QKk81lXPQ8w

When it comes to flight it is just like most 2 channel airhogs aircraft it uses thrust to gain altitude, and it uses engine speed variations for turns but it's got the latest 2.4 GHz airhogs TX and a built in camera that works pretty well outdoors. It really seams like something that a lot of people will like cutting up and making their own camera ships out of.

Thanks for checking out the review, stay tuned for more.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:29 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
how much is it?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:56 PM
Pterasaur builder
LaPorte IN
Joined Oct 2008
121 Posts
retail

Saw the first one in this area today while walking through a Meijer Store. I had not heard anything about them until I saw it sitting there on the shelf. Retail price was about $70. looks like they took the camera setup from the copter and put it in a plane. I might have to get one for my grandson and I to play with.
Weinig is offline Find More Posts by Weinig
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
Got mine at Toys R us today. $64.99. It has a good amount of power, and flies pretty fast! I'm very impressed with this guy. The 2.4 Ghz. will make it last longer (because with the F-14 i would go 20 feet away, then fly into a pine tree and get holes, and get damaged). It was dark so the videos where no good, but it flew great! the range is amazing with this guy. got it up to a teeny spec in the sky. Love it!
Old Oct 04, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2008
48 Posts
Just returned from Toys R' Us in Auburn, Massachusetts. There were 2 in stock. 65 dollars plus tax. Because I am saving up for a Parkzone UM Stryker, I left them for you guys. The rain will clear by the weekend in the north east. Hope to see new videos posted soon.
junk411 is offline Find More Posts by junk411
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
Im gonna get a park one ultra micro p-51, or a t-28 (please tell me which one is better) anyways, I'm not going to love hobbygrade more than the other. I mean with hobbygrade you have more control which=a larger price tag. With toy grade (well the blue sky) you get less control, but you still get a 2.4 ghz. Remote, that tells you when your battery is getting low. I don't know of any stock hobby grades that do that. I have space for toy and hobby grade
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittsboylogan View Post
Im gonna get a park one ultra micro p-51, or a t-28 (please tell me which one is better) anyways, I'm not going to love hobbygrade more than the other. I mean with hobbygrade you have more control which=a larger price tag. With toy grade (well the blue sky) you get less control, but you still get a 2.4 ghz. Remote, that tells you when your battery is getting low. I don't know of any stock hobby grades that do that. I have space for toy and hobby grade
y would you ask that ? on here you can ask that in the is this plane better than that plane form but anyway have you ever flown a 4-channel plane?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:36 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
The Box

Thought I would post a Pic of the box, sometimes it is hard to believe that these products are out there.
Also posting a Fastlane sort of Osprey, the Crossbow, if anybody has tried one we want to see it...
L8r...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:54 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy2k View Post
Thought I would post a Pic of the box, sometimes it is hard to believe that these products are out there.
Also posting a Fastlane sort of Osprey, the Crossbow, if anybody has tried one we want to see it...
L8r...
do not get the offsprey go on youtube and look up rc mainia offsprey it will prolly pop up the guys does all toy grade reeveiws and test flights on them.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 10:40 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
I saw that, the Crossbow sucks...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k