Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:27 AM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2010
1,098 Posts
Discussion
EDFHobies 70mm 2950kv 4.0mm 2000KW

http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?rout...product_id=176

Anyone know anything about these new motor? It looks really nice, I love the big vents in front. and the 4mm shaft. And have just a little less KV may make a little less heat. But everything eles looks to be the same as the ARC 28-58-1,

He says it will replace the ARC, but its a lot more $$
mikes68charger is offline Find More Posts by mikes68charger
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Jul 2010
1,098 Posts
Well I have been playing around with this motor since yesterday.

I would love to give you the the watts and amps, but I found out my watts gauge is messed up, it is cousting me 1/2 pound thrust so I don't really trust the numbers. Im going to order a new one from Hobbyking today.

Well with my 2 of my 2650 40C 6s Blue Lipos, wich are not as strong as I belive the should be as I need a real good 50c lipo.

Well with (1) 2650mah 40c 6s, it said 95amps 2000watts, and 5.10 pounds of thrust, with a wemo fan. I cut cooling holes in the fan shroud for cooling of the motor. And no thrust tube at all behind the fan.

So with (2) of these lipos So a 5300 40c Blue Lipo, I got a peak of 6.10 pounds for 10sec and a substane of 5.86 pounds of thrust. I have some nice 50c 5s lipos from Hi Country Hobbies, I would love to see what a nice 3400mah 50c 6s lipo would do.

Heard a story that the new ARC may start looking like this one. All I can say, is the cooling holes are larger, and I love the 4mm shaft. As I belive all edf motros that make 2000watts should have at least a 4mm shaft.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:51 AM
Purveyor of RC-Opiates
California
Joined Jan 2003
1,195 Posts
These have nothing to do with our ARC motors. They are falsly using our trademark to promote themselves.
LightFlightRC is offline Find More Posts by LightFlightRC
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
2,000KW?
I doubt that very much.
90,090 amps!
Makes you wonder what other "typos" are on that page.
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:15 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Not only that, he lists ARC motors he doesnt have and has copied all the wording straight off my website I like that he was stupid enough to copy the link to my utube videos though, free advertising
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:39 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFlightRC View Post
These have nothing to do with our ARC motors. They are falsly using our trademark to promote themselves.
I don't see him listing these motors as ARCs, they say they are their 'answer' to ARCs.

These are spec made, at 55 skins if they can get them massed correctly they're worth a try.

MB1s are still on my top of list though
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 09:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Zach Dad trying to drum up buisiness again ?
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 05, 2011, 04:42 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
I don't see him listing these motors as ARCs, they say they are their 'answer' to ARCs.
He lists the manufacturer as "ARC Motors" which is nothing more than an attempt to ride on LightFLight's years of work with their motors.

The "real" ARC in a wemo produces 5.5lb thrust sustained at only 1870w so even the dodgy figures quoted above put it behind the genuine article straight away. Amazing how many people out there choose to leave their morals at home just to try and make a quick buck.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:02 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,281 Posts
I see he claims to sell ARC motors also. Bet he won't be getting any more from Lightflight.
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:05 PM
United States, UT, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2009
550 Posts
There's no need for an answer to Arc motors......
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Funny his Arc's are out of stock.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:52 PM
Joined Jul 2010
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
He lists the manufacturer as "ARC Motors" which is nothing more than an attempt to ride on LightFLight's years of work with their motors.

The "real" ARC in a wemo produces 5.5lb thrust sustained at only 1870w so even the dodgy figures quoted above put it behind the genuine article straight away. Amazing how many people out there choose to leave their morals at home just to try and make a quick buck.
Wow, this is a very old post, and now peaple are getting a little worked up?

I was in the market for a ARC motor, and didn't like the fact the ARC used a little shaft than all my Sapac MB1 set ups. I figured it was worth a try, exspecally after I seen you were going to sell them also.

As stated, my watt gauge took a bite off the deep end, and Im not sure how accuret it is. So Intill I get a new one from HK there will be no new data from me.

All i can do is show what it did on the scale, with a cheap Blue lipo 2650mah 40c 6s, wich dose not perfore well, as even with my RC Landers Estreams 72mm with these lipos are supposed to hit over 4 pounds of thrust, but I can only get 3.85 pounds of thrust with this one lipo.

With this what ever you want to call it, It made over 5 pounds of thrust, and that was at factory timeing for the esc. And with 2 of these cheaper lipos it made over 6 pounds, no thrust tube, nothing fancy.

Can I compair it to an ARC no, as I don't have one, but I compair it to all the data put before me on this fourm.

This motor just haveing the bigger cooling holes, and the 4mm shaft seem worth it to me.

But only time will tell, there are those who stay with the old standard and those who are willing to try new things, and as fast as this edf market is change, why would any one be supprized if something came out that was better and cheaper?
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:38 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes68charger View Post
I figured it was worth a try, exspecally after I seen you were going to sell them also.

But only time will tell, there are those who stay with the old standard and those who are willing to try new things, and as fast as this edf market is change, why would any one be supprized if something came out that was better and cheaper?
I am going to sell them also?? Never seen them until I saw this thread.

I dont think its a case of people not wanting to try new things, I for one could hardly be accused of that over the last 5 years

The issue I see people having is the fact the guy does not sell ARC, but has chosen to list them on a website in order to try and feed off their reputation and popularity, going so far as to claim his new motors are made by the ARC factory

Look at the windings you can see the motors are completely different, conventional fine gauge parallel windings, easy to wind unlike the heavy gauge ARC windings which I bet would be a right pita to wind. If you can fly that motor on 6s in a minifan WOT the whole flight and it puts out the same provable numbers and doesnt smoke after a couple of flights then great, its worth looking at, but if its so good, why does the guy not promote it on its own merits?
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:10 PM
Joined Jul 2010
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
I am going to sell them also?? Never seen them until I saw this thread.

I dont think its a case of people not wanting to try new things, I for one could hardly be accused of that over the last 5 years

The issue I see people having is the fact the guy does not sell ARC, but has chosen to list them on a website in order to try and feed off their reputation and popularity, going so far as to claim his new motors are made by the ARC factory

Look at the windings you can see the motors are completely different, conventional fine gauge parallel windings, easy to wind unlike the heavy gauge ARC windings which I bet would be a right pita to wind. If you can fly that motor on 6s in a minifan WOT the whole flight and it puts out the same provable numbers and doesnt smoke after a couple of flights then great, its worth looking at, but if its so good, why does the guy not promote it on its own merits?
Once agin, Im not trying to say this is better than a ARC, I don't have one, and have not seen one in person. I just like the 4mm shaft and the cooling holes, that all.

I will say something that Im sure dose not happen a lot on this site, I Michael Fearing am Sorry, I got you mixed up wtih Efflux RC.

Once agin, I lost track of how many PM you have helped me with, so I ant trying to start anything. I just thought maybe it was a cool new product.

I have a issue of not takeing the easy route, and I saw Efflux RC was going to test these motors, so I fig I would to,

The seller dose not test motors, but is a distributor. I like the look and paid full price.

I read some of the orginal post when ARC motors came out, and how some peaple got a cut on price to post there findings. That dosent happen much anymore so I figured I would go on a lim, it dosen't alwasy work out, I wasted $15 on that dang 70mm ChangeSun Fan, boy it looks sweet, but I had balanceing issue, then it put out less thrust than I exspected.

But I also tried running the Stock Sapac Fan on 5s, like some of you here, but my boys at the flying feild told me don't, but its now my fav set up...
Last edited by mikes68charger; Mar 05, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:18 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
I know I have answered a lot of your questions, emails etc, but you got the wrong guy on this motor, look at the user name and the name in the photos you just posted...
I dont sell velocity, their 70mm fan setup pulled a lot more amps to produce the same thrust as the wemo so I could not see the point in stocking them.