HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2013, 05:57 PM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
Hobby People no longer offers the Phoenix II with an Airtronics compatible system so they could bring the price down on the Phoenix.

No matter which glider you choose you WILL be forced at some point to pick up a "better" radio. Try not to get confused by the bells and whistles of a radio system for this go around. Concentrate more on getting back into the grove of flying again. Less is more here.

On a side note, I can out thermal the Radian with my Phoenix II. But the Radian can out climb my Phoenix II on motor power.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2013
15 Posts
Thanks Tim. What are your thoughts around the Radian RTF or the Radian Pro with a better radio that can be used in the future?
mooseflyn is offline Find More Posts by mooseflyn
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Oct 2013
2 Posts
Hey, you can go back and forth all day long. I am an engineer and big boy, 65 to be exact. I know this is not the best glider on the market but, I bet it is worth the money or they would make it work. I just want to learn how to fly and after days on the computer, this is the buy in town.
lwyatt is offline Find More Posts by lwyatt
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined Oct 2013
2 Posts
Hey, you can go back and forth all day long. I am an engineer and big boy, 65 to be exact. I know this is not the best glider on the market but, I bet it is worth the money or they would make it work. I just want to learn how to fly and after days on the computer, this is the buy in town.[/QUOTE]
lwyatt is offline Find More Posts by lwyatt
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:24 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2003
13 Posts
Even though I bought the RTF version with the bundled radio, after replacing the radio, motor and ESC, I am very happy with my Phoenix II. It climbs at 60 degrees like a rocket, and thermals as well as any other foamie in my club. I now have nearly 30 flights logged, many in the 30 minute range. I think most of the discussion regarding which one is better is more a matter of splitting hairs. The differences are negligable in the hands of a pilot with some soaring experience. Buy what you think is best, and if you think you need to change things after you fly it, then just do it. But the stock 2 meter foamies are all just about the same in my humble opinion.
Glidersaur is offline Find More Posts by Glidersaur
Old Jan 16, 2014, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
charging?

Hi! This is probably a really silly question, but... how do I actually supply power to the charger? Are those clips meant to be attached to a car battery output??

Thanks ^^;
penlu is offline Find More Posts by penlu
Old Jan 17, 2014, 07:10 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2003
13 Posts
The charger's clips can be used on any 12 volt battery.
Glidersaur is offline Find More Posts by Glidersaur
Old Mar 03, 2014, 10:56 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
Looks like Hobby People has the glider on an awesome sale right now! http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ghz-radio.html
Old Jul 05, 2014, 12:48 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,334 Posts
How has Hobby People been with support?

I am chatting with a new owner on another form and his glider arrived a little banged up and the fuse is not straight.

Horizon Hobby's support of the Radian's has been awesome. How is Hobby People doing on support or handling problems?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jul 07, 2014, 11:17 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
I am going to assume good? Hard to say. At least my experience has been okay. They may require him to send the airplane back, or just the fuse. But usually ask for a picture to be sent. I think the email is Service at Globalhobby dot net

Can you message me the link?
Last edited by TimJohnson; Jul 07, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 04:15 PM
Joined May 2013
15 Posts
Just received the kit, hope to have it in the air in a couple of weeks.
plan0bill is offline Find More Posts by plan0bill
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:13 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
Welcome to the group of happy Phoenix II owners. I've been flying mine 4 years now. replaced the motor once, and the fuselage once.
Old Aug 05, 2014, 07:02 PM
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2002
62 Posts
New Phoenix II owner

I have finished reading the posts here on RCG related to the Phoenix II.

I recently purchased a used Phoenix II complete with the radio.

I have never flown/owned a glider but saw the guys at the field fly them and always wanted one.

Haven't flown it yet but hope to do so this week.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic.

Ken in South Carolina
kenflyer is online now Find More Posts by kenflyer
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:53 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
Good Luck Ken! Hope you have a successful and fun time with your Phoenix