HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Boomer1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:55 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,472 Posts
Discussion
Update - Traxxas Summit

My new Summit arrived recently and was packaged properly and thus it arrived safe and sound. I must admit that this being my first off road/Crawler I was a bit overwhelmed at the complexity of this machine.

Since I am new to this type of vehicle, I jumped right into the manual to get a better understanding of how to use this monster, and to learn how to take care of it. There is quite a bit to learn, but not beyond my small brain's range.

I have been viewing Youtube videos of guys running these trucks in water and some even fully submerged, and wanted to know how this could be done with out wrecking it. The manual states the truck is water resistant, and not 100% water proof, and then they explain how to protect the truck and electrical system from death by drowning. I don't plan on throwing it in a lake like some have done in the Youtube videos, I will run it in the rain and in shallow river beds.

Once I had finished reading the manual, and completed charging the batteries, I tried it out at in house by first seeing if it would climb some stairs, amazingly, it did.

Then I took it outside to see how fast it would go. We have golf course behind us, so I ran it up and down a few fairways. The truck actually looked like it was smiling at me, and saying "is this the best you got?" It is fast enough for me at this point of my driving skills. Then to give the truck a bigger test, I ran it in some of the out-of-bounds areas of the course, which is more like being off road. It ate that up with out breaking a sweat. Next will be some rock crawling, which I am sure this truck will handle - I just need to learn how to drive it.

It short, the Summit appears to be a well engineered truck, it is fun to operate, it does require being on top of the maintainace - so all in all, it looks like "a keeper"

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Aug 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts