demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:53 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
ok ok, Now I see what Sam was griping about... The LE of the vert and horiz stabilizers should have blunt leading edges, not curved like I have them. My views have them curved though come to think of it, I've never seen a 200LR any way. I've decided to just change it to a standard 200 since those are all I see anyway and some one else will probibly complain about my curved LE surfaces. they'll stay as is for now till It flies or I have some down time after the model is flight ready.
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:58 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal View Post
Wow, this project looks amazingg, Ive been in this hobby for only 2 yearss, but I can never imagine myself being this skillfull, that I would be able to build this
Amazing job!!
That was my thinking 4 weeks ago till I just dived into it RCG is a wonderful place with people who show they're techniques,ideas, skills, and designs. I'm still very much a noob who has no idea what he's doing and I still dont know what to even power this with (something none of the EDF guys will help me with ) This plane is the first thing WAY out of my comfort zone, I just build little profile foamys and such. Best thing to do is to just try it.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:40 PM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal View Post
Wow, this project looks amazingg, Ive been in this hobby for only 2 yearss, but I can never imagine myself being this skillfull, that I would be able to build this
Amazing job!!
You will for sure if your have determination and ability to make it happen, we all were at your spot one day and it took us many years to get to where we are now. Some learn real fast n pick up tips as they go, others take more time. I love RCG for the matter of EDF technology, it;s just amazing and you can build anything under the sun now....
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:49 PM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
B777-200, B777-200ER and B777-200LR are basically same airframes, only visual difference between LR and regular 200 series and ER is that, LRs have raked wingtips and have GE90-110 engines. Visually all 3 variants of GE90 engines are same except for different thrust ratings.

Don't worry about round tips of ur vertical and horizontal stabilizers or there LEs, keep building her away as ur doing great job on this model...
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:28 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
Stupid boeing site, hahahaha... There 3 views arent correct.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
talk to Gary at Efflux RC and have him give you an idea of what to power it with. do you even have the fans yet?............I can't remember. you have a fairly large/light airframe, so I'm guessing a power system running on 5S packs would be more than adequate. then simply match the motor Kv to the packs you will use. you don't want gobs of power to fly an airliner with glider-like wings, so 150 Watts/pound should be more than enough power. remember not to only consider the airframe weight. if you are going to use 5S packs for example, you need to know what the packs weigh, what the fans weigh, what the motors weigh, what the ESC's weigh..............basically a flying weight of the vehicle. so, you've got a few options to figure out what or how you need to power this thing. firstly, you can use the Watts per pound formula, although this isn't always accurate. secondly, you can use thurst to weight to figure it out. let's say you weigh 10 pounds flying weight. with a glider type frame, you should be able to fly anywhere from .6-.8:1 T/R. so you need 6-8lbs thrust for a 10 lb frame. personally, I would opt for the higher end of that, so 4lbs thrust per fan. you should be able to generate that kind of thrust from a 90mm fan on 4S packs. since you know what thrust you want from each fan, I would go to the thread by Carl Rich, where he's tested a whole bunch of motors on a Wemo 90mm and he's got thrust, Watts, Amps and just about any numbers you want for each motor tested. since all fans of the same size are very close, you'll know what to expect from the motor tested. that being said, I would decide what packs you want to use, then match the motor for your application. you don't want to turn lots of RPM's to make lots of power, so find out what KV you need to turn lower RPM's, but get the thrust you require to fly at those lower RPM's. remember that lower RPM and high blade count equals that jet-like whooshing sound that would be awesome on an airliner model.

that's just a start for you at least, but if there's specific questions, ask away.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Another way would be to get the Changesun 90mm with thier motor, its used on the Nitro Planes T45.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:45 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
^^^^^^^^^yup. decent setup for an airliner and cheap, which is a plus plus.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:29 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
ist nun es alle Updates auf dieser Vogel???? ja keine vielleicht so

woops im speaking german again
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:17 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
back from toledo! didint really find any real deals or parts for my airliner good thing I have Hobbyking!!!! got two castle Ice 75's (only using them as they're one of the most essential parts of my build, dont want to skimp on these) Just sent an E-mail out to hacker for motors, maybe they'll throw me a bone and help me out with a nice discount on those comeon Hacker!!! I'm seriously starting to run out of cash to finish this thing.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 12:17 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
lol same
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 05, 2011, 08:30 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
building the wings, do you guys think that this structure will hold up
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:05 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
should be ok. you might want to run a strip of CF along the length of the front and rear spar for strength. another, cheaper solution is to use kite spars or arrow shafts. no matter what you use, you'll need to bond them to the balsa spars with epoxy.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:16 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
nav lights installed, one green, one a yellow/white tinted LED, and a regular flashing white strobe facing the rear. now I got to do the other side......