HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
Joined Feb 2004
578 Posts
Discussion
possible to use air receiver with ground transmitter

hi,
i;d like to know if it is possible to use a air receiver eg. electron6 on a ground transmitter, eg. hitec agressor?

my ESC would check for 0 throttle before start up but a pistol grip spring return trigger throttle would register as 1/2 way? or 50% throttle?

i tried using sub-trim to adjust the throttle to 50% but still it does not register as 0 throttle to the ESC.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in adv.
kennyc is offline Find More Posts by kennyc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
It is possible on some systems and not on others. Some simply will not allow for TX RX connection.

Then of course some esc require to see zero throttle but like you mention on surface zero would be full back.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:18 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,965 Posts
Not possible in this case. The Aggressor Tx is on 75mhz, and the Electron 6 Rx is on 72mhz.

You really can't do it anyways because of frequency laws. 72mhz is reserved for air use only, and 75mhz is for ground only.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2004
578 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys, where I am at they designate 29mhz for all rc. So my tx and rx are the same freq. What Ian trying to trick the rx by adjusting the sub trim. Yeas its not meant to work that way?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What Ian trying to trick the rx by adjusting the sub trim.
It has nothing to do with the RX (receiver) but everything to do with the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller). You have 2 different types of ESC more or less. You have AIR and Surface esc and Water esc fall in between.

Some have reversing function and of course you do not need reverse for air.

You are mixing different components and trying to make it work.

Air TX with surface ESC and or vice verso RIGHT?

You can most of the time RE-CALIBRATE the esc and so you should be able to get it to work.

I have done this in the past but mind you it was with current up to date US/CND equipement...
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined Feb 2004
578 Posts
Found my silly mistake, I had not reconfigure the channels. Was too used to my multiolexk evo12