HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Discussion
problem with syma s107

So 3days ago bought syma s107 Helicopter..Looked great and everting ok.I put a batteries in tx , and turned on a helicopter (without charge-know bad idea) it lift up with a full thortle only so flew it just for 30 seconds or 1min..Then charged the heli , but it still can lift off with full thortle , if no i will fly few cm from ground..With full thortle it can not lose altitude for 1-2 mins.Now i think the bettery is dead bicouse of my stupid idea fly without charge.
But now i noticed a problem , sometimes the upper blade start to spin after 1/2 thortle , sometimes LOWER at 1/2 thortle , i think this problem can by too a battery problem, what u think?
Im going to buy a 3x3.7 v 240mah lipo`s for a 5$ , this should make my s107 fly like a new?
Pelmenis is offline Find More Posts by Pelmenis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:08 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Could you post a video show what is wrong with your blades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelmenis View Post
So 3days ago bought syma s107 Helicopter..Looked great and everting ok.I put a batteries in tx , and turned on a helicopter (without charge-know bad idea) it lift up with a full thortle only so flew it just for 30 seconds or 1min..Then charged the heli , but it still can lift off with full thortle , if no i will fly few cm from ground..With full thortle it can not lose altitude for 1-2 mins.Now i think the bettery is dead bicouse of my stupid idea fly without charge.
But now i noticed a problem , sometimes the upper blade start to spin after 1/2 thortle , sometimes LOWER at 1/2 thortle , i think this problem can by too a battery problem, what u think?
Im going to buy a 3x3.7 v 240mah lipo`s for a 5$ , this should make my s107 fly like a new?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:58 AM
Tampa
Joined Dec 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Unscrew the two screws on the very top to loosen up the flybar attachment. Line up a screw with the grooved inner shaft. Tighten up screws, but do not overtighten because they will strip. Sometimes the flybar attachment can loosen up after crashes and make the heli seem to loose power. Make sure the gears are lined up. Make sure the battery wires have a good connection with the pcb. Let us know what the outcome is for further ideas.
skibandit is offline Find More Posts by skibandit
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:36 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
yes bad idea and the lipo is most likely your problem, put another one and most likely the issue will go away but makes sure you charge the new one fully before you attempt to fly and don't forget that 5-10min cool off time between charge-fly-charge again
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:41 AM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Make sure that the lower blades are seated all the way down on the main shaft. Sometimes they slip up the shaft a bit and lose power. The lower blades are only a friction fit.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
checked skibandit- Screws, battery connection is good too.
TSquare123 , huh the lower blades move a bit up and down , but when u move them , they move with gears , and upper blade the same time
Flight time is still ~1-2mins ..and can lift up ONLY at full thortle..When i release thortle for 0,5cm , the heli go down.
And yeah- when i turn lower blade i can hear *trrrtrrtrr* sound -hope u know what i mean ..and when spin upper bladei hear nothing..Is that supposed to by like that?
Soo , that means all whati can do is change battery to 3.7v 240mah Li-po?
Or..buy another syma and this left for parts..
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:56 AM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
TSquare123 , huh the lower blades move a bit up and down , but when u move them , they move with gears , and upper blade the same time
That's normal. The entire shaft does have a little up & down play in it, but also the lower blade ONLY can slide up the shaft a bit & lose full contact with the shaft. It can happen during a crash, but it can also happen with regular use. When it happens the lower blade still spins but not as fast as the upper because it is actually slipping on the shaft.
The fix is to hold the S107 in both hands with both thumbs on the bottom plate. NOT THE SKIDS. Put one finger from each hand on the lower blade mount on each side of the shaft and press the blade holder down firmly. If this was the problem you will feel the blade move a little.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Thats not the problem.Tried it before, and now-lower blades are not moving down.So thats battery problem.