HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 05:11 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,586 Posts
Discussion
metal pushrod to plastic clevis

I have some heavy duty plastic clevis/control horn matching pair at the control surface end and a 3mm threaded rod with a metal clevis on the servo end. I need to glue the metal pushrod to the plastic clevis, whats the best glue to use? I didnt want to solder a metal clevis to the control horn end as its a bit sloppy in the control horn holes.
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,064 Posts
AFAIK no glue will work effectively on nylon.

if you have a clevis on one end, all you really need on the other is a Z bend.

I tend not to have 2 clevises on one pushrod unless one is fixed. it makes it really hard to adjust if both are able to rotate, for obvious reasons.
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:37 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
I have yet to find a reliable glue on nylon either. It is meant to be a threaded joint?
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:17 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,586 Posts
well the 3mm rod slides right in, unless its for 4mm rod? I scored the end of the rod up with pliers so the glue would bond better. I do have the soldered metal clevis for that end of the rod but it has slop on the control horn, looks like I need some 4mm rod and clevis or a control horn with smaller holes then!

thanks for your help guys.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:14 PM
USA, FL, Winter Haven
Joined May 2006
507 Posts
If the clevis is sloppy in the horn you can make a CA bearing to take out the slop.
Just attach the clevis pin into the control horn hole you want. The take a pin and drop 1 or 2 drops of ca glue right on the clevis pin. Spray it with kicker and then break the clevis loose. You will now have ca type bearing in the control horn hole. Try it
Merlin1205 is offline Find More Posts by Merlin1205
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:56 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,204 Posts
Instead of all that I think I'd go shopping for a different control horn that fits the rod better.

I'm a big fan of either a Z bend or an L bend with a snap on keeper such as the Goldberg plastic snap on types or similar from other companies. Or even a small wheel collar as a keeper works well.

Either way you do NOT want to trust any glue joint between the wire and a nylon clevis.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:10 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews View Post
Either way you do NOT want to trust any glue joint between the wire and a nylon clevis.
nope especially on a plane that potentially could be flying 20km away from my location (ezuhf/fpv), Im gonna source some new horns or at the very worst drill new holes in the existing ones as there is plenty of room