HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,803 Posts
The C-J's will be at the lake today searching for wind.

Ed
Ed Crowell is online now Find More Posts by Ed Crowell
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
Had a nice day at the lake (though not much wind for us sailor types). Some battleships and tugs early in the day (sorry I didn't get any pictures). Kay had his beautiful 1930's Commuter with great sound effects!!! (didn't get a pic of it either, but I think there are pics earlier in the thread somewhere). Also a cool little powerboat out on the lake. As for sailboats we had two V-32's and two C-J's chasing around the pond, along with Lee's fiberglass Starboat on her first sail (I think). She'll be a beaut when she's finished. All this AND a "turbo'd" Soling 1meter. The light and patchy/shifty wind seemed to suit the bigger boats better, but all in all a nice, relaxing day. Nice to hear that Kay has a Canterbury J on order. Knowing Kay's skills, she'll surely be a stunner. Who'll be next to jump into the Canterbury J Class????

Parking was a chore with a car show going on at the lake, but all managed. Cool to see some nice classic cars and hotrods rumbling by on the road around the lake!!!

Kevin
poltergeist is offline Find More Posts by poltergeist
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:58 PM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
It's been chilly in SoCal the last week or so. Low 30's overnight and mid 50's during the day. Wasn't sure how many people would show up. Had a nice turnout and started out very comfortable, though not much wind. On schedule around 1PM the wind came up, not very consistant but some nice puffs above 10 kts or so. Alas once the wind came up it got COLD.....or maybe I'm just a wimp. We had a nice variety of boats out, at one time 7 sailboat on the water together. All in all a nice day. Only thing that would make it better would be a few more Canterbury J's onthe water (hint, tint).

Kevin
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:26 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,438 Posts
Had a neighbor bring a late Christmas present for my daughter today (brought her three boys, school was cancelled in Madison County, Idaho today). It is -18 air temp with wind chills down below -23!!!! A neighbor came over to bring a gift! How nice is that?
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:26 AM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,155 Posts
Really was a nice day . Finally got around to running my large tug at Fairmont park , and my lcvp ran great also. Glad the wind came up for all the sheet boats.

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:31 AM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
That is a very cool tug....and HUGE!!!! Sorry I didn't get any pics.

Kevin
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:45 AM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
Nice day at the pond. Was hoping to see Kay's new Canterbury-J, but he's still got some final touches to add. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Lot's of neat boats out, sorry I didn't get pics of them all. Did get a bit chilly later in the day, but the sailors got some nice wind to go with it.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:00 AM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
Fairmount was BLOWING yesterday. 20+ knotsand COLD!!! My dad wanted to maiden his newly finished Dumas triple, and didn't want to risk losing her if something went amiss. Not to mention I only have the "big" rig for my Canterbury J sailboat. So a plan was hatched to head over to Tri City park, where the wind might be a little more manageable. Had a nice day there. Much warmer, decent breeze and the Chris Craft performed great!!!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:04 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,042 Posts
I really like the color combo on the CC Triple!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,803 Posts
The Chris Craft looks very nice. Who belongs to the tug boat?

Ed
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:44 PM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
668 Posts
Ed,

That's Rich's little "Vac-U-Tug".

Kevin
Old May 06, 2013, 11:32 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,042 Posts
Nice pics and a great video! Fairmount Park really is a lovely place. I like Kay's boat stand made from a gun powder box.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 06, 2013, 11:49 AM
no such thing as to many boats
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2010
1,784 Posts
great photos thanks for sharing
louie R/C NUT is online now Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old May 06, 2013, 06:47 PM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,803 Posts
Kevin,

Nice video and your new camera captured some great shots. Kay's boat stand is a gun powder box so I assume when he gets the Canterbury J in the water he will blow us away.

Here is another shot of pour C-J's from yesterday

Ed