HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stonekap, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:11 PM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Mini-Review
Flite Test - FT Flyer Scratch Build - REVIEW

Flite Test - FT Flyer Scratch Build - REVIEW (12 min 1 sec)
stonekap is offline Find More Posts by stonekap
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
748 Posts
nice video and cool little plane
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:55 PM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
How did you achieve the balance point with the battery that far back?
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Apr 03, 2011, 07:33 AM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11 View Post
How did you achieve the balance point with the battery that far back?
This one had a heavy motor and landing gear. We've used a smaller motor on builds since.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:04 PM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekap View Post
This one had a heavy motor and landing gear. We've used a smaller motor on builds since.
But mine has a 50gram motor on the front with beefy landing gear and I only just get the correct CG with the 3s batt up front. Nice plane to fly isn't it
Jim
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:08 AM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11 View Post
But mine has a 50gram motor on the front with beefy landing gear and I only just get the correct CG with the 3s batt up front. Nice plane to fly isn't it
Jim
Where are you putting the CG? It's not a lifting airfoil, so we put it closer to the middle of the wing and it flies great. We can high alpha as well as zip around a gym at a good clip.
It's my favorite plane to fly.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:01 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekap View Post
Where are you putting the CG? It's not a lifting airfoil, so we put it closer to the middle of the wing and it flies great. We can high alpha as well as zip around a gym at a good clip.
It's my favorite plane to fly.
I put it 25% of the wing root chord which is correct according to the thread. I am able to do high alpha as well and do some fast fly pasts!! Also I used the info on your LED vid to put some on it. It is very informative and I even got one of those receiver operated switches to turn them on. Keep the vids coming!!
Jim
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
Yamhill, Oregon
Joined Feb 2009
3 Posts
Blu Dart

I ended up setting my CG at 5.25 to 5.75 inches back from the tip of the wing. However, I pushed my wing back a little from the nose and filled the little gap that behind the nose with some foam. I have a Turnigy Park 250 on this plane and the performance is more than adequate, I can climb vertical with a 2 cell 800 mah pack and GWS DD-7035. It is a really fun plane to fly, and the build was very quick. I've been building everything out of blue foam, can't wait till I get through all 50 feet of it so I can start using other foams. I found flitetest on YouTube when there was only 2 episodes and figured it'd take off. Glad to see things going well, and thanks for all the great tips. Still would like to hear about different ways of attaching Velcro to batteries and planes... Seems like mine are always peeling off if I hot glue them...
getfuzzy is offline Find More Posts by getfuzzy
Old May 01, 2011, 07:42 AM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by getfuzzy View Post
Still would like to hear about different ways of attaching Velcro to batteries and planes... Seems like mine are always peeling off if I hot glue them...
I usually use the Velcro brand "velcro" with the self adhesive. It works well. If you are hot gluing it... you can run a small bead of hot glue along the edge of the velcro once it's in place. Then smooth over it with a small piece of cardboard while it's still hot. This will add a skim coat along the edge of the velcro and bond it to the surface.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for watching the show!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:37 AM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
Where can i find these plans i've looked all over
Scarfey7 is offline Find More Posts by Scarfey7