HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:05 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Discussion
2.4G Fly-Sky (FS) CT6B 6-Channel Transmitter+Receiver (R6B)

2.4G Fly-Sky (FS) CT6B 6-Channel Transmitter+Receiver (R6B)
Works for RC Planes & Heli
Sale price: $31.70
You Save 37%

Features:
Channels: 6 Channels
Model Type: Heli, Airplane, Glid
RF Power: Less than 20db
Modulation: GFSK
Code Type: 2.4Ghz No Interference
Sensitivity: 1024
Low Voltage Warning: LED
DSC Port: Yes
Charger Port: Yes
Package Includes:

FS-CT6B Transmitter
FS-R6B Receiver
Programming Cable
Bind Plug
This transmitter requires a PC to modify any of the channel variables, including mixing and servo reversing.
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:24 PM
USA, NJ, Union City
Joined Jul 2010
261 Posts
how do I bind it? i cannot get it to bind it!
RcNewbAddict is offline Find More Posts by RcNewbAddict
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:52 PM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
I have an Eclipse 7 (72mhz) and wanted to try out 2.5ghz so I got one of these..

I am in no way associated with HobbyPartz by the way but wanted to give an honest opinion on this.

Firstly, you can NOT beat this price.. I tried it out on a GWS Tiger Moth 400 and it was totally glitch free. Programming was a cinch too. I did get the more advanced software from HappyMan2009 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1236843)

I did not receve a CD or Instruction manual.. I did write and request one but never got a reply.! .....Google is your friend.. RC Groups too

My only beef with this unit is the connection from the transmitter to the (supplied) interface cable was a very poor fit on mine... I have to hold it pressed up and it's getting worse. I will change the plug type eventually.

All in all.. this transmitter is an excellent starter.. 6 channels is plenty for most models. Iprogrammed a GWS F-15 with elevons and was still able to have retracts working (Although on a dial not a switch)

I bought 5 extra receivers.. 9 bucks a shot.. and free shipping is just MAJOR value these days.. This sport has been ripping us for years (sad to say) but now you can get a very usable transmitter for a VERY reasonable price..

This is setting the standard... free shipping HAS to be the way to go..
Thanks HobbyPartz

Jeff.. Happy customer.
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:09 PM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNewbAddict View Post
how do I bind it? i cannot get it to bind it!
A link is provided on HP site
http://www.mycoolheli.com/t6config.html

Manual for the A version is close to the B and the binding instructions are the same.
http://www.mycoolheli.com/files/T6Manual.pdf

1. Install the batteries in the transmitter.
2. Insert the jumper to the Bat port of the receiver.
3. Connect the receiver battery to any one of the channel- ports. Note: at the same time there are two LED’s flashing meaning the receivers are going into bind status.
4. Press and hold the Bind button on the transmitter, and then switch on the transmitter.
5. Observe the LED on the receiver. When the LED stops flashing, the bind was successful. (This process about 10 seconds)
6. Release the Bind button on the transmitter and remove the jumper and receiver battery.
7. Install a servo and receiver battery and then test.
8. If the tests fail, please repeat steps 1-7.
Notes: The negative pin is on the short side of the receiver (i.e. The signal is toward the center of the receiver).
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Last edited by Headspin; Feb 25, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:45 AM
USA, NJ, Union City
Joined Jul 2010
261 Posts
ok i bind it, i was plugging the ESC to channel 3 backwards...
RcNewbAddict is offline Find More Posts by RcNewbAddict
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:06 PM
Joined Sep 2010
20 Posts
has anyone figured out how to get the charge port to work. Does it have a diode in the circuit. If so can it be jumped
dlysell is offline Find More Posts by dlysell
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
flysky 6ch Transmitter

Hi
Did you find out about the charging, I would like to know the polarity of the center pin of the charging plug on the transmitter.
The JR I have is Center Negative NOT Center Positive like everyone else.(I think).
My charger handles both with separate plugs, but I have to know which one.
Thanks Stan
stan shelton is offline Find More Posts by stan shelton
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello,

The charger must have a positive center.

Danny
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
I cant configure this transmitter. Please let me know how I could link T6config soft ware. The software is not linked with radio. How can I sort it out.
hemantha75 is offline Find More Posts by hemantha75
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantha75 View Post
I cant configure this transmitter. Please let me know how I could link T6config soft ware. The software is not linked with radio. How can I sort it out.
You can download the software here, www.mycoolheli.com/t6config , please make sure that when you plug in the USB cable, that your computer recognizes the transmitter.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
Since using one of the FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4ghz TX & RX LCD Transmitter & Receiver surface radios on my Rock Crawler, I would never trust one of these to fly an airplane or heli. I made the mistake of switching from a Spectrum stick radio to the FS-GT3B and it intermittenly glitches reverse to forward to reverse. I have tried everything to make it work correctly and it is simply just a cheap cruddy radio. I am dispute over a different product with Hobbypartz so I never bothered to try and return it.

My fault for buying such a pile of junk.... At least its not a plane or helicopter that is going to crash and burn.....

Good luck in using this cheap radio if you want to ever fly an RC aircraft. You are going to need it...

PHD
PostHoleDigger is offline Find More Posts by PostHoleDigger
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
If I do not have a computer to use to program this radio will it function?

I've yet to bind it to the rcvr and try it...did not know what I'd bought until it arrived, and now can't use the computer programming to set it up. Thought I'd just try it as it is and see what works.
Golddrakken is offline Find More Posts by Golddrakken
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello Golddrakken,

You would have to use the computer program to adjust certain settings to get the radio system to work correctly with your RC. May I have your order number please?

Thank you,
Danny
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:24 AM
United States, MI, Bridgeport Charter Township
Joined Feb 2006
30 Posts
I orderer a Fly Sky last week and received it yesterday. I must say I got a quick response from HobbyPartz on comfirmation of purchase, date shipped, and a e-mail, yesterday, stating my order had arrived. It took me aprox. 10 sec. to bind my rx. and about 30 min. installing drivers and software for the tx on my lap top. I hooked everything up and started up T6config. and it works great. Can't beat it, excellent buy.
Maxout is offline Find More Posts by Maxout
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Charging Tx batteries

I purchased a Thunder AC6 charger and FlySky CT6B Tx from HP and have been well satisfied with both. However, I am using Nimh batteries in the Tx and would like to recharge them without having to remove them from the Tx.

What can I get to do that? (either using the charger I have or finding a wall wart of some kind somewhere)

Thanks,

Bob
Bob A is offline Find More Posts by Bob A