SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by skye8070, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 04:46 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
645 Posts
Discussion
Cold weather flying

I've been working too much lately so when I saw there was a break in the action I left work early and managed to get out and go flying my Gentle Lady based ALES plane today. I had to engage in another round of advanced can engineering which involved a drill bit and an exacto knife. technically the can is rubbing on the motor shaft but I think effectively it's not much of a drag. This plane weighs 27 oz, has a 3S 2200 mAh 20C battery, 20 Amp ESC, and a Radian 9x7.5 prop and achieves a pure vertical launch, getting to the 200 m limit with a few seconds to spare.

My only complaints were that the CG is crazy forward (unstallable with full up) and the wings are the same color top and bottom. I'll be spray painting the bottom wings black when it warms up a little bit. Oh yeah, and it was cold.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:01 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
645 Posts
The gentle lady in the picture bit the dust to a brain fart on my part. Thought I was testing a failsafe with a little rudder and a lot of up elevator.

Oh well, I pulled the power system out of this and put it into....a HL Chrysalis.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070