SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:51 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Question
Yellow Aircraft F-4 manual copy?

Folks - can you help me out here? I'm after the Yellow Aircraft instruction manual for their F-4. I've just bought a third-hand kit and the manual has long gone. I gather there could be two versions of the manual - one with pictures, one without, but either would be good. If someone's got them electronically that'd be excellent.
Here's hoping someone can sort this out for me.

GRVW
GRVW is offline Find More Posts by GRVW
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:13 AM
Alexandria ,Louisiana
Joined Sep 2009
161 Posts
Here is all i got.
jmalone1982 is offline Find More Posts by jmalone1982
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:16 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Thanks very much jmalone1982. That will help to get me going.
Now, for the text bit.....anyone?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:43 PM
United States, WI, De Pere
Joined Aug 2010
172 Posts
Hi,

I am middle of Y/A F-4 build. I have a manual but it is for the older style kit. If this will help you out I can make a copy and get it out to you. Let me know.

Thanks

Dennis
goforit is offline Find More Posts by goforit
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Thanks Dennis
I'm not sure if mine is the newer or older style kit, but if you could copy your manual I'd be hugely grateful. Anything to go on would be good.
How's your build going? I want to put a turbine in mine, but I'm a bit concerned about the high wing loading, having read some reports.
Cheers
Gowrie
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Aug 2010
172 Posts
Manual for F-4

My kit is the older style. Top hatch has to be cut out. I spoke with Shaun Evans regarding Turbine conversion and he stated they file just fine with P-60

He also recommended if you go turbine order the heavy duty controll arms for the elevators.

I am installing the XPS fan in mine. I have to install intake ducts and mount canopy and I will be ready for primer and glassing wings. I will make a copy of the manual and get it out to you .

Good luck on your build.

Dennis
Old Feb 16, 2011, 04:14 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Dennis , I just browsed up the XPS site. Those fans are fierce! What will you be running? 10S?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Aug 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVW View Post
Dennis , I just browsed up the XPS site. Those fans are fierce! What will you be running? 10S?
I plan on flying with a 11s set up, I like the extra power for take off.

Thanks for your interest

Dennis
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:05 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
I found a copy of the written part now. All that's left is the actual build, which I gotta say doesn't look like a particularly easy one.
Dennis, what have you used for undercarriage/wheels/struts etc?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVW View Post
I found a copy of the written part now. All that's left is the actual build, which I gotta say doesn't look like a particularly easy one.
Dennis, what have you used for undercarriage/wheels/struts etc?
I ordered spring air retracts. I still researching struts and wheels. I want to have brakes. Possible BVM or Robart struts,wheels and brakes.

The build is not bad. Plans look like a lot of work but the build goes okay. I can try to answer your questions if you run into any problems.

Good Luck

Dennis
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:46 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,989 Posts
Great Timing

WOW great timing guys, can one of you trace the main formers for me? I have the ARF version (I think) and want to redo it. Step 109 in the manual, The main formers appeared to be drilled wrong for the wing brackets.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384185

Thanks

Ralph
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:24 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Hi Ralph
Hope this helps.
This is the page taken from an old Yellow F4 manual showing the shapes of the formers. I scanned the page at at 1:1, but you'll see you need to scale the shapes up, as directed.
Cheers
Gowrie