México, DF, Ciudad de México
Joined Dec 2004
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukmil View Post
Your right Bob I didnt have the 10 pin pluged in right but now a new issue

FC not compatible..........? FW?
Chuck,

If you are using FC FW 0.82 then you must upgrade your Navi board to FW version 0.22a

more info here: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/...rieFirmware%29
rocco is offline Find More Posts by rocco
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
drama?
What if you were the target of such calomnious accusations?
So easy to judge, isn't it?
Well, I gotta admit that I don't give two flips about what someone said about me in these forums - I don't have time to worry about that. I'm way more interested in learning than I am in what someone that I don't even know thinks about my actions.

Hey Timecop -

Is there a good place I could learn how to maybe READ the flash off of the Atmel from one of the newer Flyboards? That is, since I don't see a six pin header, is there some way to solder onto the atmel legs themselves to make a read? Or is it a safe bet that the firmware is encrypted in some way?

I have a couple of the old crappy boards, and I have a couple of the new ones ordered. It might be fun to see if I could find out how to fix them on my own, right here in the good ol' USA. I don't feel like sending the bad ones back to France. Too much hassle. This is supposed to be a hobby.
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
what.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Last edited by timecop; Mar 04, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:38 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
540 Posts
So far, the converter works for me. No overheating although not as smooth as I hoped it to be. Setup is 1.35, tp 10a, kda 20-22l 10x4.5. And sometimes I get a no BL error.

It seems that this converter is a hit miss thing. Like the FY90. But it's ok. I just had to see it for myself.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:40 PM
kd4wen
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content. It is temporarily hidden while kd4wen edits it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Ya I didn't really mean stupid in that sense. Replace with "doesn't care about getting copied by Chinese" kinda thing. I assumed anyone in here doing this FOR money ( = generating profit and not as a hobby) would probably care about getting copied. When my ESC is done, I hope it gets copied everywhere so I don't have to pay for high-cost components in low qty.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:00 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Ya I didn't really mean stupid in that sense. Replace with "doesn't care about getting copied by Chinese" kinda thing. I assumed anyone in here doing this FOR money ( = generating profit and not as a hobby) would probably care about getting copied. When my ESC is done, I hope it gets copied everywhere so I don't have to pay for high-cost components in low qty.
Thanks time
I was just venting about the way somethings are going but you know its always been that way. I have been an amature radio operater for 30 plus years and its a hobby and the cell phone industry has used a lot of stuff that your average Joe invented lol. No hard feelings I hope bad week I have had my friend.
Freddie G.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:59 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
you change end point in your radio setting to less number for less responsive, more number for more response

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
that's a good question actually, I would like to know as well.
On my "work machine", I can change the throttle scaling according to load, it's a really nice feature.
I too find the MK throttle could be improved by adding more resolution around hover throttle.

Bob

Edit : try to set dynamic stability bellow 64 in "gyros" tab.
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:01 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
nowaday i have same problem, you set sattelite min to 6, try change to 5 and try, not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukmil View Post
Well I still have the navi error message and no comunication with the FC.
Have red and green led on the navi board, red and green on the mag and green on the bottom of the GPS.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I need to do to make it work?
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:30 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
bob, it was pretty clear you were losing serious business for obor & flashrc by exposing their inferior hardware design skills, therefore closing the thread was the best thing he could do, and just continue selling to people who don't know any better.

p.s. selling a RC product at premium price without a way to reflash/upgrade in the field is ridiculous. i would never buy their stuff knowing that it needs to be sent to france to get it repaired, lol.
i mean YOU are in france and it's still annoying to send stuff to the guy to reflash when you can just do it in 5 minutes had he provided an ISP connector or a proper bootloader..
thanks timecop, I appreciate your feedback.
You summarized the story pretty well : the product is not 100% up to the task and marketing choices make it that you can't fix it yourself if you have a problem.
I live in France and had to wait almost 4 weeks between the time I sent it and the day I received it.
Now, knowing the fact that Obor was mad at me for daring to reveal the truth on RCG, I can imagine why it took so long.

Closing the thread after spreading lies about me was a very cheap way to buy his product a clean name.
The same way he expected to "buy my silence" with a check that would pay the first unit back, as he states it pretty clearly in his last post:
"I kindly remind you that you have got 2 converters for free. Moreover, you have been informed that there would be no more support for you on them.
So far, you implicitly accepted."...

No further comment, his post speaks for itself...
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obor
Mr Titus,

I kindly remind you that you have got 2 converters for free. Moreover, you have been informed that there would be no more support for you on them.
So far, you implicitly accepted.
And now you are asking questions on this thread again. You must be joking !

You are trying, one more time, to charge the converter with hypothetical issues with ESCs, just like you did with the faulty FC1.35.
If you had some basic electronic knowledge, you would know that it is not a higher frequency of the PWM signal which can cause directly an ESC to burn.

Sorry but I am really upset by your behavior since FC1.35 story.

For this reason, I have to close this thread now which has completely deviated from the original goal. Sorry for other persons following and interested by this thread.
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Feb 12, 2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:45 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Woo Woo now Time
Stupid is a pretty heavy load don't you think. Maybe he did'nt care if someone cloned his stuff. Last time I looked a hobby was something people did as a group to have fun not money.Money is never fun no matter now you look at it. I work everyday to earn my pay and watch others try to get by without any labor to make there off someone elss back.And thats just life so I deal with it but the last time I looked this is a Hobby not a get rich setup. Heck if I get something going as a hobby I share it so we should all look at it that way don't you think.Oh wll stupid is as stupid does just my two cents worth. Nothing against you Time just venting over some otheer stuff please look over my comments.
Freddie G
come on kd4wen, what's the point of this remark?
You well know that "stupid" was not meant as stupid literally and was not a personal attack

Bob

Edit : I saw your answer to TC too late
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:48 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
you change end point in your radio setting to less number for less responsive, more number for more response
that's a good point, but the idea was changing the scaling, not losing power.
I thing "dynamic stability" may do the trick, bu I haven't tested it yet.

Bob
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:37 AM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
sorry for this elementary question but Im here to learn ...to flash the 0.22 FW to the NC I click on "firmware update & terminal" then "update software (serial)" then open the 0.22 file and that should flash to the NC.....is that correct? do I have to flash the mag seperately?
Thanks
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:39 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
you flash the FC, the NC and the Mag as like the normal way. select the correct hex file and it will take care by itself.

yes, each need a hex file byitself.. the NC, the Mag and the FC.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:41 AM
Joined Apr 2010
586 Posts
So there are no good i2c to pwm converters on the market?
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy