HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:02 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
bob your not doing well you get all this stuff free and again obor closes the thread he was tryn to help us! thx

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8&goto=newpost
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2010
950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
bob your not doing well you get all this stuff free and again obor closes the thread he was tryn to help us! thx

Yeah, what the hell? I just got my converter in the mail today and find the converter thread is closed!
fireslayer26 is online now Find More Posts by fireslayer26
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukmil View Post
Bob would you post screen shots of you Altitude hold and GPS settings? What are you flying? A quad?
I'm flying a quad.
GPS settings are stock but I believe behavior could be improved with further tuning.
Altitude hold is tied to machine physics so I don't think my settings would work well with another one.
Anyway, here they are.

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:57 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post

First, I didn't get them for free, I paid one and he sent me a second one to test, what I did.
On top of this, it cost me a machine when I found out at my expense that it was locking the I2C bus on 1.35 and caused a bad crash.
I tried more with both I2C converters I had, but none worked with either clone 1.35 or 1.3 genuine (I tested on three different FC with different controllers).
This costed me 3 full days of tests.
I tried to troubleshoot with Obor but he soon ignored me (I was obviously an idiot and a lier) and didn't bother to respond my emails (about troubleshooting his hardware).
I finally decided to report the problems on his RCG thread, because needed help to sort this out.
He got very upset.

Now think about it Ken : thanks to me, many didn't have to crash and find out it was not working with most 1.3x cards.
And Obor had to work on finding a solution for all those who bought an otherwise useless circuit.
Should I be blamed me for this?

After a solution was found, I returned the units to Obor (the paid one and the free one).
After three weeks without any news from him, I sent him an email asking why I hadn't received any news from him.
He simply answered the units had been posted in the morning... strange coincidence after 3 weeks, don't you think?
Anyway, I finally received the two fixed units after 4 weeks (France to France!), plus a check he proposed me many times but I always refused.
My experience with Obor told me there was something fishy about his insistance for a pay back check.
It seem I was right, he obviously expected to "buy my silence" by paying the first unit back, he states this pretty clearly in his post:

"I kindly remind you that you have got 2 converters for free. Moreover, you have been informed that there would be no more support for you on them.
So far, you implicitly accepted.
And now you are asking questions on this thread again. You must be joking !"

I flew yesterday and first unit (the one I bought) fried for no reason.
I troubleshot and reported on his thread. he got upset again...

On a side note, I have experienced motors shut offs as well yesterday, and quad falling down flat to the grass many times.
After a reboot all problems disappeared and machine has been flying very well ever since so I can't blame the I2C converter for what has happened.
Nevertheless, it's strange that this has never happened to me in two years before I used these converters.

Now, Obor has closed his thread after spreading lies and blaming me for it all, just because I reported real problems with his hardware!?
What kind of an attitude is this?

Anyway, why the hell do I have to justify myself, read Obor's last post and judge for yourself.
On top of this, making me look bad won't change the facts I have honestly reported.

Bob

Here is the invoice for the so called "free" I2C converter.
Last edited by bob.titus; Feb 12, 2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added invoice
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireslayer26 View Post
Yeah, what the hell? I just got my converter in the mail today and find the converter thread is closed!
well, you don't really need anything else than this, and if you need more help, just send me a PM.

Bob
Old Feb 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
290 Posts
Sorry for being stupid, but I cant't find a way how to make the throttle less sensitive.
(There is no expo option on the throttle channel)
To hover I constantly need to "switch" between two steps on the throttle ratchets.
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Feb 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Sorry for being stupid, but I cant't find a way how to make the throttle less sensitive.
(There is no expo option on the throttle channel)
To hover I constantly need to "switch" between two steps on the throttle ratchets.
that's a good question actually, I would like to know as well.
On my "work machine", I can change the throttle scaling according to load, it's a really nice feature.
I too find the MK throttle could be improved by adding more resolution around hover throttle.

Bob

Edit : try to set dynamic stability bellow 64 in "gyros" tab.
Last edited by bob.titus; Feb 11, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:15 PM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Well I still have the navi error message and no comunication with the FC.
Have red and green led on the navi board, red and green on the mag and green on the bottom of the GPS.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I need to do to make it work?
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:21 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Well I still have the navi error message and no comunication with the FC.
Have red and green led on the navi board, red and green on the mag and green on the bottom of the GPS.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I need to do to make it work?
it means what it says, there is no communication with FC.
There is communication with NC, Mag and GPS though.

Check your wiring between FC and NC.
Bob
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Your right Bob I didnt have the 10 pin pluged in right but now a new issue

FC not compatible..........? FW?
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:

yes, you must have FC, NC, and Mag flashed with compatible softwares.

Bob
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
562 Posts
Quote:

Chukmil -

The "Not Compatible" error means that the firmware on your FC is not compatible with the version of MKTOOLS that you are using.

You probably need to download version 1.68c(?) of MKtools and use that version to upgrade the firmware on your FC.

Do you know which Firmware version is on your FC right now?

In other news, the drama on this thread lessens the fun of the hobby, except for when Timecop makes an awesome funny comment about it.
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:22 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
In other news, the drama on this thread lessens the fun of the hobby, except for when Timecop makes an awesome funny comment about it.
drama?
What if you were the target of such calomnious accusations?
So easy to judge, isn't it?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
bob, it was pretty clear you were losing serious business for obor & flashrc by exposing their inferior hardware design skills, therefore closing the thread was the best thing he could do, and just continue selling to people who don't know any better.

p.s. selling a RC product at premium price without a way to reflash/upgrade in the field is ridiculous. i would never buy their stuff knowing that it needs to be sent to france to get it repaired, lol.
i mean YOU are in france and it's still annoying to send stuff to the guy to reflash when you can just do it in 5 minutes had he provided an ISP connector or a proper bootloader..
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:42 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Classifieds Multi rotor aircraft RTF,ARF Electronics,Frames,Gear

Folks I have started a thread to get the vote for having a new sub thread in the Classifieds of RCG's classified section just for Multirotor aircraft. You have to do a lot of searching at this time to find all the stuff that folks have on the market. It seems a lot of heeavy hitters think it is a good idea and was time to get Quads and more out of the electric heli section. At this time we nd a few more positive votes in order to pass it to the higher ups for a vote to have this happen. So if you think its a good idea then please follow the link below and put in a good word. And please pass the word around to other Multi rotor folks.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387501

Thank you
and happy tinkering and building
Freddie G
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen