Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:30 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
I just received some replacement NC-MK3Mag-GPS free of charge from MaximusRC (thanks Max, you're a great guy!)

This is an older different type, but very nicely made.
Do you guys (Dan, G?) have info on how to connect NC to FC and other possible connections (there is only 3 pins used for SPI, the other newer NC have 2x 3 pins)?
What FW can/should I use to flash these?

Thanks for the great help to all the contributors, this is moving fast!
Bob
I haven't seen that one before..
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:35 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Bob, I've read the post concerning the converter, this is really weird..
With mine (I think I've powered it the same way you did, with esc#1 and not by fc, though I've left all the red wires on all escs (Is it a mistake?)), it looks like it works fine, no i2c errors and no heat from the the escs. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I use the plush 10A with scorpion motors (1050kv), without any reflashing, everything calibrated and configurated as you've advised it).
If you want something else to be tested, let me know.
Oh, i use fc1.35 on this setup, with nc and gps.
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:43 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milouze View Post
Bob, I've read the post concerning the converter, this is really weird..
With mine (I think I've powered it the same way you did, with esc#1 and not by fc, though I've left all the red wires on all escs (Is it a mistake?)), it looks like it works fine, no i2c errors and no heat from the the escs. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I use the plush 10A with scorpion motors (1050kv), without any reflashing, everything calibrated and configurated as you've advised it).
If you want something else to be tested, let me know.
Oh, i use fc1.35 on this setup, with nc and gps.
how's your heading hold with this setup?
Despite carefull calibration of MK3Mag, mine isn't solid at all with FC ME 2.1 (DE), especially at low battery (is it really the cause?) the quad was moving from left heading to right heading as if the magnetometer got corrupted at the end of the flight

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
how's your heading hold with this setup?
Despite carefull calibration of MK3Mag, mine isn't solid at all with FC ME 2.1 (DE), especially at low battery (is it really the cause?) the quad was moving from left heading to right heading as if the magnetometer got corrupted at the end of the flight

Bob
Well, it holds nice but I used it only once before disabling the feature in mktools, because it's more confusing for me to have it enabled (I have to configure a switch for it)
With it disabled, I have a small back drift clockwise, especially in the beginning of the flight session.
I'll make some tests with the mag and will report asap.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
I have a small back drift clockwise
FC.cn 1.3 or FC.cn 2.x or FC.de 2.x?
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milouze View Post
Well, it holds nice but I used it only once before disabling the feature in mktools, because it's more confusing for me to have it enabled (I have to configure a switch for it)
With it disabled, I have a small back drift clockwise, especially in the beginning of the flight session.
I'll make some tests with the mag and will report asap.
drift is normal with FC 1.3x, it's due to the Murata gyros being temperature sensitive.

@G : I tried uploading your config file to the GPS I received today (LEA4H) and this si the warning I'm getting :
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:32 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
bob.. click yes.. lol
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:39 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
an X8 on the way...

Just some pics to show you the machine i'm working on, not finished but for some reasons I have hard times to calibrate the escs (some TGY 30A), though I use the traditional manner (throttle on rx and so on)....
I'll use the octoX8 file for mktools, which is like two quads one on the other.
I'm a bit scared to get it airborne
I'll use an i2c converter; we'll see how it handles octos..
Motors: rctimer BC2836-11 750kv
Props: APC 1238
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:43 AM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Nice! Amp draw?
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:53 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Nice! Amp draw?
I don't know yet.. Not too much I hope!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
spent all day tuning and flying ME 2.1.de with all clone NC+MK3Mag+GPS and managed to get very good results, I'm satisfied and that means a lot!

The GPS is erratic in the sense it doesn't always boot at startup, I often have to unplug and replug power until it wants to boot and "communicate" with the system.

Altitude hold is fairly good, note that it works much better when GPS is activated since GPS altitude compensation will kick in.

GPS hold and RTH work, I don't like the bouncing effect you get when I release cyclic back to neutral (and PH kicks in).

Precision flight is greatly helped with DPH that adjust speed of aircraft depending on pitch stick position : depending on position, ground speed assisted by GPS will be very slow or faster. This you cannot do even with tons of exponential without the help of DPH (Dynamic Position Hold).

Altogether my machine is very sound and it's a sheer pleasure to fly it.
I just need to troubleshoot why one camera servo doesn't work with the chinese ME 2.2, and why GPS doesn't always boot at startup, this is annoying...

But altogether, Bob is happy
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
i used to have heavy back drift with my quad but when i change to hexacopter and change pid setting, i never have back drift again

Quote:
drift is normal with FC 1.3x, it's due to the Murata gyros being temperature sensitive.

@G : I tried uploading your config file to the GPS I received today (LEA4H) and this si the warning I'm getting :
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
i used to have heavy back drift with my quad but when i change to hexacopter and change pid setting, i never have back drift again
that's good to know, but what I meant was that the Murata gyros tend to drift compared to the MEMS gyros used on FC ME 2.x.

Bob
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
spent all day tuning and flying ME 2.1.de with all clone NC+MK3Mag+GPS and managed to get very good results, I'm satisfied and that means a lot!

The GPS is erratic in the sense it doesn't always boot at startup, I often have to unplug and replug power until it wants to boot and "communicate" with the system.

Altitude hold is fairly good, note that it works much better when GPS is activated since GPS altitude compensation will kick in.

GPS hold and RTH work, I don't like the bouncing effect you get when I release cyclic back to neutral (and PH kicks in).

Precision flight is greatly helped with DPH that adjust speed of aircraft depending on pitch stick position : depending on position, ground speed assisted by GPS will be very slow or faster. This you cannot do even with tons of exponential without the help of DPH (Dynamic Position Hold).

Altogether my machine is very sound and it's a sheer pleasure to fly it.
I just need to troubleshoot why one camera servo doesn't work with the chinese ME 2.2, and why GPS doesn't always boot at startup, this is annoying...

But altogether, Bob is happy
Bob would you post screen shots of you Altitude hold and GPS settings? What are you flying? A quad?
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:08 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Great Bob! I'm eager to produce the same results with my machines