SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireslayer26 View Post
Ok, I've confirmed everything is working. I hooked up my hexa to my laptop outside and opened the uCentre software and confirmed the GPS is receiving signals. But I am still getting the "error 5" No GPS Communication in the mk-tool. Seems there is a problem in between the GPS board and the navi/flight boards.

*EDIT* Here is something I just found. In the pics below you will see on the gps the white wire from the servo lead is soldered to the "Tx" pad on the gps board. But on the Navi board the white wire is also connected to the "T" pad. Should the white wire on the Navi board instead by soldered to the "R" or Receive pad on the navi board since it is coming from the "Tx" or transmit pad on the GPS???

this tx and rx thing is always very confusing

it is possible that tx go to RX, try it, it will not damage your board.

try tx to rx and try tx to tx
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade thrasher View Post
Hey Noppi, will this GPS work with the setup you build me or is there anything else I need to buy to get it working? I put that other GPS and Navi on my all in 1 red quad you fixed but havent finished rebuilding it yet.

I would like to get GPS working on the hex so I can do some photography.

the system that you have is FC MK system with out navi and without gps.

what you need is navi and gps.

gps from rctimer.com is compatible with gps from MK, so you will still need navi (with compass)

rctimer.com gps = real mk gps
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Ah gotcha, anyone have an old MK navi with compass laying around?

I wonder if my problem was the gps or the navi? That RC timer GPS is so cheap maybe I should try it with my clone Navi and compass?
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:37 PM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2010
951 Posts
I'm at a loss here. The gps works independently, the navi/mag/fc work fine. There is voltage going to and coming out of the GPS, but I keep getting the Error:5 No GPS communication.
fireslayer26 is offline Find More Posts by fireslayer26
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Quote:
I'm at a loss here. The gps works independently, the navi/mag/fc work fine. There is voltage going to and coming out of the GPS, but I keep getting the Error:5 No GPS communication.
Have you run uBlox on it yet? I had to run it if I didn't fly for a few days. Once I did it would see the GPS.
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:

error 5 no gps communication is something that is confusing to me as well

most likely your gps is the problem

rctimer gps is low price, good idea to get the rctimer gps and try it with your navi

my suggestion
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
When I had the navi and gps clone. I got the same error. when i reflashed the gps it went away.also you need to make sure the light on the gps is on.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
951 Posts
Oh well, it seems I don't really have the time or technical expertise to finish this project so I'm offering my complete MK clone setup for sale in the multi-rotor classifieds. $250 takes the lot! That's about half of what I have invested in it.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:07 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Oh well, it seems I don't really have the time or technical expertise to finish this project so I'm offering my complete MK clone setup for sale in the multi-rotor classifieds. $250 takes the lot! That's about half of what I have invested in it.
Still no luck in getting the GPS working??
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Feb 2010
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Still no luck in getting the GPS working??
Well the GPS works great, by itself. And all the other parts work great together, I just can't seem to get the GPS and the rest of the setup to talk to each other. I'll leave it up to someone else and get a less complicated setup.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Well the GPS works great, by itself. And all the other parts work great together, I just can't seem to get the GPS and the rest of the setup to talk to each other. I'll leave it up to someone else and get a less complicated setup.

from my experience, if you spend about 30 dollar more for rctimer gps, and your gps system will be ok
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Feb 2010
951 Posts
The FC is sold, the NAVI/MAG/GPS tower is still available. Will let it go $150. Breaking even for me.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
76 Posts
I have a problem with my Afro Ctrl board, when i tried to connect gimbal nick servo SAVOX 1258TG , controller just reboot and nothing happens, after few second it restarts again and so on....

When i test with roll servo, Hitec HS-485HB it works very smooth, both roll and pitch servo outputs are working with this servo, then i tested Savox servo with simple servo tester and all is ok.

Is there any correction for this servo ? It is digital coreles high speed servo
djbojan is offline Find More Posts by djbojan
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Apr 2011
76 Posts
I found a solution, Savox servo draws to much power, and mcu on controler board stucks, i have cut 5v line from Afro CTRL, and i give power to servo from BEC.

All works well
djbojan is offline Find More Posts by djbojan
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:45 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
im selling my foxtech clone board here : brand new, never even installed, taken out the bag for photos only:

I spent lots on this and you will be getting a great saving. I just dont have the time to set it up :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8&highlight=mk
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz