11,764 Posts
Guessing its either dead or no bootloader
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
i just received it and when i connect to fc, it said esc #1, and it is not dead, can it work with out bootloader from factory

if no bootloader, i need to install bootloader, how

it is 2 am, you should b in bed man
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:26 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
ok part2, so i will do my first post with question

anyone has flash this green bl with 0.42 or other version before, i have red bl and know how to flash red bl with red mkusb , but when i tried green bl with red mkusb, i can not flash it, it give me something like can not reset
What version of tool are u using?? try to use older version and i bet it will work..
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
gunit, thank you, but i tried all tool and and all firmware, i am thinking that this green bl has no bootloader
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
gunit, thank you, but i tried all tool and and all firmware, i am thinking that this green bl has no bootloader
Hey did the BL come with the address marked??
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
just came back from a test flight with my quad and genuine FC 2.1 with clone NC + MK3Mag + GPS.
I managed to get it work fine but the GPS is tricky, it doesn't always boot ok, so I get it to work, or I get a " no GPS communication" error and no date stream.
I did get U-center but don't dare to flash anything, do you guys know wich software for Ublox LEA5S?

Bob
bob.titus is online now Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
Joined Apr 2010
586 Posts
Made my first video on board the quad. Just put the camera with some rubber bands against the side. First video is just raw, only compressed a little for youtube. Second is deshaken with virtual dub. But after that youtube doesn't recognize it as HD anymore?

Alternative mikrokopter onboard video test (4 min 5 sec)

mktest deshake (4 min 5 sec)
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
just came back from a test flight with my quad and genuine FC 2.1 with clone NC + MK3Mag + GPS.
I managed to get it work fine but the GPS is tricky, it doesn't always boot ok, so I get it to work, or I get a " no GPS communication" error and no date stream.
I did get U-center but don't dare to flash anything, do you guys know wich software for Ublox LEA5S?

Bob
This is what i use on mine..
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
i just received it and when i connect to fc, it said esc #1, and it is not dead, can it work with out bootloader from factory

if no bootloader, i need to install bootloader, how

it is 2 am, you should b in bed man
you have the BL soldered with the 10 pin header or just clip on? if clip on only, please try solder it as if no proper connection you also get the same error message.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:

Bob
hope this helps. and notes:
- use a good USB cable (not those old USB1 cable)
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:15 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
good thinking, I've edited my first post.

Bob
Thanks Bob, thats helpful for all of us.
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
so my quad is now hovering nicely.. ... gonna take things really slow now that I'm scared of crashing it again..haha.. but the i2c converter seems to work and everything seems ok ....will get vid up soon
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Last edited by hawaiitaco; Feb 10, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
you have the BL soldered with the 10 pin header or just clip on? if clip on only, please try solder it as if no proper connection you also get the same error message.

i solder 4 pin from mkusb to bl. I did the same to red bl and work ok, but when i do it to green, i get error message like "try to reset, start bootloader" and after few second nothing happen. it feel like green bl does not have bootloader. but when i connect greeen bl, i get bl#1 on mktool
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
Hey did the BL come with the address marked??
i have 4 green bl and none of them has address marked, all of them has esc#1 address (no address mark)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:09 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiitaco View Post
so my quad is now hovering nicely.. ... gonna take things really slow now that I'm scared of crashing it again..haha.. but the i2c converter seems to work and everything seems ok ....will get vid up soon
Great news, Taco!

Post that video, sans the Oceanic landing this time! Many of us are eager to see your results!

No twitching with your converter?
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder