HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
> you think a "recom 785.0-1.0" would be fine?
0.5 or 1.0 will do just fine.
i don't think camera pan/tilt servos will draw anywhere near 1A nor will the flightctrl/navi electronics (I'm using 0.5A on both without issue)

> was this subtle irony ? sorry but dont know what you want to say with that.
No, this is what they like doing. No irony/joke here. Seen that happen twice with my official FC2.1.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
13 Posts
> Seen that happen twice with my official FC2.1.
oh i feel sorry for you! was this a firmware bug ( i read something aboout 0.80)? is there any special connection with okto/the alternative cn hardware and this statement ? or just generally ?

what firmeware is the best to use with FC.cn V1.34 for a okto ?

sorry so many questions, thanks for helping me !
fpv_freak is offline Find More Posts by fpv_freak
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
Maiden

Just maidened my hexa. No problems at all. I had to dial down the rates on pitch and roll to 20% Anyone else have to do this?
Untitled (1 min 39 sec)

The motors are A20-22L A20-22L 200W 924k/V
The arms are EXI 500 heli booms
The motor mounts are 500 heli fin bands
The ESC are MK 2.0 BLs
Props are APC 1045
Frame plates are Rev-8 plates from ALG Hobbies
Camera mount is FLYCAM Artist xm-L4500 from CNChelicopter.com
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Last edited by Ellis108; Feb 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
something to compliment and protect the flight control

Look at what I found and will have it available....

the nice and relatively thick PolyCarbonite (as they claimed) dome covers..

Now I have two size as in the picture. As the height is not enough to cover those tower with FULL Navi setup, but those who use only the FC or other platform will find this very nicely fitted.

They are $20 and $15 respectively. so it is affortable...
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis108 View Post
Just maidened my hexa. No problems at all. I had to dial down the rates on pitch and roll to 20% Anyone else have to do this?

The video is uploading - I'll add it when it's done.
Great news, and congrats to you, Ellis! Please do share the video when it is done uploading. Also, can you post what your motors, esc's and props are? Also, what did you use for center-plates, motor mounts, and where did you get that landing gear?

Your setup looks good!

By the way, I assume you got the messages about fixing your "K values" to fix the whole "gyros won't calibrate" problem you were having?
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
informative posts? you don't say
Last edited by timecop; Feb 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: boring
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:31 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Look at what I found and will have it available....

the nice and relatively thick PolyCarbonite (as they claimed) dome covers..

Now I have two size as in the picture. As the height is not enough to cover those tower with FULL Navi setup, but those who use only the FC or other platform will find this very nicely fitted.

They are $20 and $15 respectively. so it is affortable...
I find it quite expensive for what i is on the contrary
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
Pid

so someone wanna explain to me the best way to finetune the wobble i get ?...i think i need to adjust PID..ive been reading but just getting a little confused....any advice?.... it hovers fine..but as soon as i twitch a direction..the wobble happens for a bit then it eventually levels out...with no wobbles... i know its adjustments but i gotta figure out how....
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I agree. a bowl of ramen upside down costs 10x less (and makes you less hungry) and does the same function, and you don't cry when it breaks.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:47 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
I find it quite expensive for what i is on the contrary
haha.. the material is over engineered.. too bad.. but then again if you do your own vacuum method, you can get it with few $ only..
Old Feb 16, 2011, 04:02 AM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
my quad

So I need to adjust some settings but the quad is up and flying...taking it slow.... im getting some wobbles when moving the nick roll directions but after the wobble it hovers wobble free...i think i need to adjust the PID....(still waiting for advice)... anyways...this is what i have going now.. ( figure after all the questions i ask i might as well keep track of what i have going)

clone mk FC 1.35 (recoms 1A)
Navi/GPS/Compass
dan's frame..
DT750 Motors
12x4.5 rotors
I2c converter
40a turnigy plush esc (yes big but eventually considering making this into a heavy lifter if the converter turns out good)
optima 7 (eventually 9 when all is setup)
**** load of zip ties lol
ziplock screw top (fits and works perfect)
3s 3000 lipos
rusty camera mount....some aluminum booms for skids...
red and blue LEDs for orientation

eventually i want to setup tilt roll camera mount...and a fpv setup...but until i get this setup and stable..that'll have to wait...im attaching a gopro underneath for now...

for those of you who dont know....i originally wanted a quad to strap to my back and hike around with.....lots of hiking around here and the opportunity to take some great photos and FPV flying is too good to pass up.....octos would be nice but hiking with it wouldve been a pain....this is my first rc ever....i went from nothing to setting this up...learned quite a bit just by reading...but as an ABSOLUTE noobie...im actually pleased with the way it turned out.... i was told to start simple and ARF setups like the gaui but i decided to just go for it...still so much to learn...but for no RC experience...its been fun
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Last edited by hawaiitaco; Feb 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added led
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:28 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis108 View Post
Yes and no... You are much better off adjusting these things in the Stick menu i MK tools. This will also give you more resolution with your sticks...
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:51 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiitaco View Post
So I need to adjust some settings but the quad is up and flying...taking it slow.... im getting some wobbles when moving the nick roll directions but after the wobble it hovers wobble free...i think i need to adjust the PID....(still waiting for advice)... anyways...this is what i have going now.. ( figure after all the questions i ask i might as well keep track of what i have going)

Navi/GPS/Compass
dan's frame..
DT750 Motors
12x4.5 rotors
I2c converter
40a turnigy plush esc (yes big but eventually considering making this into a heavy lifter if the converter turns out good)
3s 3000 lipos

eventually i want to setup tilt roll camera mount...and a fpv setup...but until i get this setup and stable..that'll have to wait...im attaching a gopro underneath for now...

for those of you who dont know....i originally wanted a quad to strap to my back and hike around with.....lots of hiking around here and the opportunity to take some great photos and FPV flying is too good to pass up.....octos would be nice but hiking with it wouldve been a pain....this is my first rc ever....i went from nothing to setting this up...learned quite a bit just by reading...but as an ABSOLUTE noobie...im actually pleased with the way it turned out.... i was told to start simple and ARF setups like the gaui but i decided to just go for it...still so much to learn...but for no RC experience...its been fun
Very nice... I am sure this will soon transform to some real cool QUAD !!!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:52 AM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiitaco View Post

Navi/GPS/Compass
dan's frame..
DT750 Motors
12x4.5 rotors
I2c converter
3s 3000 lipos

Man, What an Outstanding first project!! Not first..any! It is Great!
Very Impressive.
I want to talk to you about FPV..I'm thinking about that myself
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:19 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Tested the FC1.35 on the Y6 frame. small video file done and will upload the HD file asap.

very stable even with the strong wind as you can see from those trees.

Y6 Frame Test (3 min 22 sec)