HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Great video, gordonzo!!!

I'm on the lookout for a Litehawk Duo for my tandem collection. I went to a few stores that sold Litehawk helis but someone told me the US version of the duo isn't ready yet so I'd have to wait. Amazon sells the Canadian Litehawk Duo but it's kinda pricy right now.

I'm definitely looking to pick this one up!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad S026G experience as well, gordonzo. It sounds like you just got a bad one that QC should have pulled or something. My S026G flies rock-solid stable (no rocking) and if you abuse the Forward trim you can get it to really fly quickly around. I love it and can say that the characteristics that your bum bird exhibited were not indicative of all of the species.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Great video, gordonzo!!!

I'm on the lookout for a Litehawk Duo for my tandem collection. I went to a few stores that sold Litehawk helis but someone told me the US version of the duo isn't ready yet so I'd have to wait. Amazon sells the Canadian Litehawk Duo but it's kinda pricy right now.

I'm definitely looking to pick this one up!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad S026G experience as well, gordonzo. It sounds like you just got a bad one that QC should have pulled or something. My S026G flies rock-solid stable (no rocking) and if you abuse the Forward trim you can get it to really fly quickly around. I love it and can say that the characteristics that your bum bird exhibited were not indicative of all of the species.
Yes you will definitely need one of these to keep your other tandems company.

I was seriously amazed at how I could throw this thing around, and how it makes me look like a good pilot. They are pretty pricey for us in Canada as well, compared to imported S026's and such. But there is definitely some good engineering and QC there.

I paid $44.99 on sale +12% tax. Regular is $49.99. I think I can get 2 x S026 for that money but hey, it is Canadian themed. I hear they will be coming out with other paint schemes as well. You will need all of them.

Regarding the S026, we had 3 of them in the family/friends circle, and they all had varying amounts of continuous rocking during ff, almost like riding an ocean wave. They all had ~4 min flight times. But they were pretty cool. I think they were older versions because the newer ones now come in a different box.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
OMG...you are a terrible influence. I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL!!!

Regarding the S026G, I guess I got lucky. I got mine this January so it must have been a newer rev then.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:36 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
This is how I felt about all the different colour S107 and SH6020-1, but then i remembered, they're not pokémon.

Think you have started a bit of a following for this litehawk Gord!
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:43 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
OMG...you are a terrible influence. I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL!!!

As if you need any external influences

I never needed any to buy ALL colours available

John
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:48 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
I was wondering if you would be interested in one of these midget rescue Chinooks John.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:55 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I was wondering if you would be interested in one of these midget rescue Chinooks John.
I emailed them a few months ago when I first saw their small yellow beast asking if they had a UK distributer. They don't but gave me a link to a Canadian supplier but they are way too expensive. I might have a go at giving one of my S026G Chinooks some yellow and red paint
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:19 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Here's a link I've been given, still a bit much for what he is though, shame the sipping does not really beltway when buying more than one.

http://enfantino.ca/toys-games-jouet...elicopter.html

http://enfantino.ca/shipping-inUfo.html
Last edited by djdavies83; Apr 18, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
This is how I felt about all the different colour S107 and SH6020-1, but then i remembered, they're not pokémon.
True. Helicopters are actually fun to play with.

Seriously, I've got a fairly large 3Ch heli collection because my son and I will burn through them all in about an hour or so. Even if I modded them to support removable batteries, I'd still want to have several to alternate with so I didn't kill the motors. Besides, I love the rainbow of helicopter goodness on my shelf. LOL

(Ah...justification and rationalization. What would I do without them?)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Hehe ye same here, even when I had a couple of heli with the swapmod I would still switch between different fixes cell heli, for the fun of it I once had a red, yellow & green 6020-1 on bands A, B & C and with just once remote I flew them each in turn from one area to the next and back, they each rested about about 40 seconds between each jump, tool about 20 min in totally with the touchdown and take offs, only irritating bit was the difference in trim for 3 different heli through one Tx.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:41 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I closed the deal on another MCX Tandem package. They should arrive in about a week. There are more 2 tandems, one flying apparently with 'some rudder trimming issues' and one not flying due to pcb issues, plus another tx and charger.

I will now have 4 MCX Tandems, 2 tx, 2 chargers:
1 - almost perfect and flys great
2 - looks great, bad pcb/aileron servo, but flys great as a 3ch (that is why I did not want to remove pcb from this one)
3 - picture looks good but has sellers says has a rudder trimming issue (could need adjustment or some weak motors)
4 - picture looks good but sellers says bad pcb

@djdavies83 - If all is as expected I will beable to send you that MCX Tandem pcb for your experiments. I'll send you a pm when I have them here and evaluated.

@RoboHeli - I am catching up to your tandem collection

@scotsoft - I'll never catch up to your tandem collection
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:17 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I closed the deal on another MCX Tandem package. They should arrive in about a week. There are more 2 tandems, one flying apparently with 'some rudder trimming issues' and one not flying due to pcb issues, plus another tx and charger.

I will now have 4 MCX Tandems, 2 tx, 2 chargers:
1 - almost perfect and flys great
2 - looks great, bad pcb/aileron servo, but flys great as a 3ch (that is why I did not want to remove pcb from this one)
3 - picture looks good but has sellers says has a rudder trimming issue (could need adjustment or some weak motors)
4 - picture looks good but sellers says bad pcb

@djdavies83 - If all is as expected I will beable to send you that MCX Tandem pcb for your experiments. I'll send you a pm when I have them here and evaluated.

@RoboHeli - I am catching up to your tandem collection

@scotsoft - I'll never catch up to your tandem collection
Never say never I may have had longer than you for the addiction to grab hold, I don't know but you still have plenty time

The only new tandem I can see me going after these days is the S022G if or when it appears for sale.

I am decending rapidly into quads right now so you could say double the addiction

Have fun flying - John
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Ha ha! Brilliant, gordonzo, you're a man after my own heart. If you've got a DX6i or better radio, try setting the ELEV travel adjustment to 125% - 125% and see if you get faster FF. That's where I have it now but I haven't gone back to 100% - 100% recently to compare to see if it makes any difference. I tried increasing the AILE travel adjustment but that uses a servo and it seems to max out at 100%. I haven't bothered with RUDD since it's not like I need to piro this thing that fast.

So how many tandems do you have now (that are working!?!?) I've got 4 out of 5 working ones right now as my Esky Tandem has a dead front motor so I'm waiting for a replacement.

I now need to collect a S022G (whenever it'll be released...) and a Litehawk Duo and maybe one of those YIBOO UJ421 Syma S026G clones soon...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Two things.

First, a question for anyone who owns a Nine Eagles Twingo

Have you noticed that there is a short and a long set of swashplate balls on this heli? The problem is that if you were to put the linkages on the long balls, the anti-rotation collar (pin, actually) would NOT connect to the linkages anymore! Is this swashplate a re-used "universal" part from another heli like the Draco or something? I don't own any other Nine Eagles helis so I can't say one way or the other...

Secondly, a FUN GAME. OMG, for anyone who has a tandem, you HAVE to go and get one of these:

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Heli_...0_p/bth012.htm

I got one this week and clipped it to the wire of my mCX Rescue's rear landing gear and then played "go fish" with it this evening. It's really challenging and a lot of fun! I was able to hook one of the targets ONCE in a single battery. I'm going to get a second one and challenge my kids to a contest of "who can control their heli in turbulance" the best.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:25 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Never say never I may have had longer than you for the addiction to grab hold, I don't know but you still have plenty time

The only new tandem I can see me going after these days is the S022G if or when it appears for sale.

I am decending rapidly into quads right now so you could say double the addiction

Have fun flying - John
I got my first heli only about 1.5 yrs ago (yes it was an s107) and am in my middish 50's. I also am keeping my eye on the S022G, and have been following the MQX and Ladybird threads while drooling on my keyboard (of course part of that could be from old age creeping up on me).

Quote:
Ha ha! Brilliant, gordonzo, you're a man after my own heart. If you've got a DX6i or better radio, try setting the ELEV travel adjustment to 125% - 125% and see if you get faster FF. That's where I have it now but I haven't gone back to 100% - 100% recently to compare to see if it makes any difference. I tried increasing the AILE travel adjustment but that uses a servo and it seems to max out at 100%. I haven't bothered with RUDD since it's not like I need to piro this thing that fast.

So how many tandems do you have now (that are working!?!?) I've got 4 out of 5 working ones right now as my Esky Tandem has a dead front motor so I'm waiting for a replacement.

I now need to collect a S022G (whenever it'll be released...) and a Litehawk Duo and maybe one of those YIBOO UJ421 Syma S026G clones soon...
I have only 3 tandems at this time, 2 MCX Rescue and 1 Litehawk Duo, and they all work. 1 of the MCX Tandems only flys like a 3ch at this time, though. 2 more are on the way. I don't have any higher end tx's yet. I have not decided whether to go Eflight or Walkera or simply stick with Nine Eagles and MJX. They all have their following and their critics.

I have a NE 260a and 328a and am looking at the 227 flybarless, 228 fp, and maybe even 125 cp. I just need to try that multi-memory NE J6Pro tx first.

My big MJX-F45 fp is also a favourite. The only coaxial I still fly is the fast HQ-852.

Oh, and no tandem collection is complete without one of these love/hate Picooz models:

Thread here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11B_gFHzba4.