SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:26 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Call it the "djdavies83 special" Good luck!
What do you think I am?

A Chinese takeaway?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:44 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,897 Posts
Rofl!!!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:14 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
You will be calling it "Stir Fry" if you don't get your wiring correct
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Haha nice john, shame I can't do anything with that 4th channel, if the V929 board has switchable lights I'll look into hooking them up.

I really need to get some workshop space/time, not being able to get to things is driving me nuts!

Rumour has it my old man is getting me a shed for chrimbo.....

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355185561.922637.jpg
Views: 26
Size: 147.8 KB
Description:

Would be nice but reality would probably be a bit more like.....Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355185590.821398.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 20.1 KB
Description:
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:48 AM
Simple, Easy, Fun
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
933 Posts
mCX Tandem Rescue MOD - Super-Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
... I wonder if it can modded . . . . .
I am not aware of any mods that have been documented for the mCX Tandem. One member has, in the past, fitted a small camera to his to capture some aerial video. This is a link to his post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=47

The only change I made to my Tandem was the battery. The original battery was going fast and would not keep my Tandem in the air. So I used an adapter lead and used one of the batteries from my 120SR and that worked fine.
Hi Guys,
I'm new here and just came across this thread.
One thing I didn't like on the Blade Tandem is that it can be easy to tip it on landing.
Fortunately there is a super-easy solution that makes all landings rock-solid:

1- Turn the heli over and look at the mounting bracket for the rear landing gear.
2- Notice that there is an identical socket available under the forward blades but its not used for anything
3- Procure an additional rear landing gear
4- Remove the front gear
5- Insert the new rear gear in the front socket
6- Drop the heli from 12" or so and amaze yourself with its new-found ability to stay planted and not tip over
7- if you keep yours in the original box you'll have to hack up the foam to allow the new gear to fit, but that's basically it.

There does not seem to be a lot of traffic on this thread, and I don't have a Tandem handy right now to post pics, but if anybody is interested, let me know and I'll put pics up in 1-2 days.

Cheers
Gabe
Gabe_BigApple is online now Find More Posts by Gabe_BigApple
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Single-stick Tx design thread
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:17 AM
United States, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Nov 2012
213 Posts
Just got the new Syma s34. 2.4ghz Large chinook. One sweet bird. Out of the box flew great with no trim adjustment needed. Looks to be very durable also.

Bob
bobwrgt is offline Find More Posts by bobwrgt
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:17 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Does the S034G use the same battery pack as the S022?

And if so, does anyone know of a good plug-replacement pack that is slightly larger (small enough to use the Syma charger)?

Spring is around the corner and I want to get out there. I love the S022 despite its issues and the '34G might be a welcome addition too. But it is also nice to have a little more "play time" from one charge.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:30 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
hi all, I'm Gordon, and I have a problem This is sort of like AA (aeromodeller ananymous?)

A while back I bought a skylift, flew great for a while , well to cut a long story short, I got kind of cocky and managed to pile her in from a great height.... never was the same after that . Tried once or twice to fix her , but after I'd repaired / replaced all the bent metal parts I tried to set her up again. I was only able to get the bottom rotors spinning up . if I change over the plugs on the 3 in 1 control unit , then the top ones spun up... therefore to my mechanics brain, tthe output was only on one side .....anyway up comes a damaged skylift on ebay which I bought. now I want to use my dx6i and a cheapy orannge rx , I have connected up the replacement chopper to test it out ,but it only drives the lower shafts properly.....however it spins the uppers but slowly..

the answer probably lies hidden in section of the forum but I am trying to short-cut it and find if anyone has had a problem setting up the 2.4 meg set , and if they did , how they sorted the problem out.... as they always say, "a problem shared"

thanks in advance
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
If both lower rotors spool up, or both upper rotors spool up after swapping wires, you have a damaged 3 in 1. There is an outside chance you have blown an ESC FET, but that seems like a very long shot. You need a good 3 in 1 to test. It's hard to believe anyone still has one of those. They stopped making them 4 years ago.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Mar 19, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,897 Posts
I also got one on ebay a few months ago.

It was in great condition, fortunately. However, it was one of the older 77MHz (or 33? can't remember...) types. I first replaced the RX with a Spektrum compatible receiver but found that the there was an issue where the rudder channel wasn't being decoded properly for some reason. The heli just wanted to keep spinning around and around as if I was giving it maximum rudder.

I switched to a FlySky receiver and the problem was solved. The only thing I can think of why this worked was that the channel ordering expected by the 3-in-1 was such that the Spektrum receiver didn't send it to the 3-in-1 in the way that it knew how to understand. For some reason the channel ordering of the FlySky receiver DID work.

I fly it now with my Turnigy 9x. Works great.

Here's where you can get a lot of spare parts for the Twister Skylift:

http://www.tjdmodels.com/helicopter-...a&disp_order=6

Unfortunately, no 3-in-1... Not sure where you can get one of those.

Now... here's a guy who posted that he got his Twister Skylift working with a Spektrum RX:

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/news/ar...sky-lift/2219/

no idea why his worked and mine didn't. I was trying to use a DSMX receiver rather than a DSM2 receiver. Maybe that had something to do with it... I don't know.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,897 Posts
Oh, and you can buy a new Twister Skylift here:

http://www.tjdmodels.com/twister-24g...ml?cPath=15_26
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:58 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
hi all,
Question: as the main problems with the twister skylift seems to be with the 3 in 1 unit, would it be possible to substitute 2x brushed esc of about 20-30 amp rating. using a Y lead for the throttle, and TX mixing (spectrum DX6I).this seems to work as diiferential throttle on "the twins" foamy cargo plane. I ask this as the 3 in 1 in very expensive(33). As I have 2 skylifts now with much the same problem and HK have brushed 20 amp ESCs at 3 odd, I would like to know if anyone has gone down this route before with any success. or is there someone on here who repairs 3 in 1 units?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:16 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I see no way you could control altitude and yaw on both ends.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I see no way you could control altitude and yaw on both ends.
looking a bit deeper into the twins setup, I forgot to include a v tail mixer on rudder and throttle in between the rx and the speed controllers
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
OK, say my front rotor is yawing clockwise and my tail is drooping. How do you handle?