HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,879 Posts
Since this heli doesn't have elevator servos, I think you really want to make sure these aileron links are right. You know, this might be a good question for a Horizon Hobby phone call some lunchtime...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:32 AM
Constant edits for autocorrect
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
I think there is something else going on with it. It seems like the front upper and rear lower motor are spooling up sooner than the other 2 and it is trying to flip itself over backward. I will play with it when I get a chance and see what I come up with. Not sure with a 2 year old in the house and a newborn coming in 9 days that I am going to have a lot of free time in the immediate future but they all have to nap sometime right?
rallykid is offline Find More Posts by rallykid
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
Got it solved! Bad motor wire. Still has a little vibration but going to tweak it and probably replace the inner shafts and out new gears on it and it should be smooth as silk. Flying great after the minor wire repair. Now I need to order a new canopy to replace the dented and cracked one that got banged up when it went crazy. I may pick up another pair of MCX2 motors and see what she will do since I already have a spare set.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,879 Posts
Brilliant! Well done, Rallykid.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Greetings Rallykid, glad your getting it all together there. Cant wait to see the vid.

-Rick
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
Motors may be a couple of weeks out since I am picking up my MSRX and some spares tomorrow. My heli budget is smoked for a couple of weeks.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:32 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
I feel like kicking myself

Remember a little way back I posted this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I was looking for a foam glider to convert to Rc and came upon an eBay seller called scootercitycouk

I think this is the heli that's been talked about recently.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Esky-Chino...-/330771572617

So Erd/robo, what do you think of it at this price? Not that I could afford it mind just saying a found it :-)
Last night I was idly flicking through my eBay app looking at ended listings and this guy was there so, I kept hitting "view relisted item". Still 29.99 a couple of times then it dropped to 19.99, hit view relisted one more time and.....

Sold for the starting bid of 14.99 + 6.50 p&p, I I had seen it I'm sure I woul have tried to find the money to get him but, I guess as I ain Thor the money right now I should let myself off, saying that mind I passed up a century UK Evolution 180 with 5 LiPo for 15 at a car boot sale the other week.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,879 Posts
Aw. That's too bad.

The Esky Tandem is available from RC-Fever

http://www.rc-fever.com/

but is full price. The good thing is that they seem to be carrying a lot of spares right now. I just placed an order for the blue & green canopies that I don't have yet. Will post fashion show pix when they arrive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Aw. That's too bad.

The Esky Tandem is available from RC-Fever

http://www.rc-fever.com/

but is full price. The good thing is that they seem to be carrying a lot of spares right now. I just placed an order for the blue & green canopies that I don't have yet. Will post fashion show pix when they arrive.
I certainly like the blue fuselage, it looks superb.
The green has its merits, just not as many as the blue

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:08 AM
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
Since the baby came and my sleep schedule is wrecked I am going to try to get at least a pair of MCX2 motors mounted and bench tested in my tandem rescue in the next couple of days. If all goes well with testing I will mount the other pair when/if I pick them up Friday. It will depend on how successful the bench test is as to if I bother with the second set.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
Installed the 2 MCX2 motors i already had in the tandem and tested it. It seesaws like crazy and is very hard to control which is exactly what I was hoping for. It shows a drastic front to rear power differential. Now I need to pick up a set for the front. I could actually use a little help if someone doesn't mind doing me a favor. I have a motor wire problem and I was hoping I could find someone with a burned out or old rear tandem rescue motor I could get the wire and plug from as the repair on the original bad wire is causin issues with a slight voltage drop. If anyone has one please send me a message and we will figure something out. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,879 Posts
LOL. Love the experimentation! Next you'll have to figure out how to fit a bigger battery in there with 4 mCX2 motors running all at the same time!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your exploits.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
My first thought was finding a way to make 2 MSRX motors spin in reverse and putting 4 of those in but the next day when I was sober I decided that was a bad plan.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
What happened with the new s022g? The threads have gone dark. No youtube videos of it flying . . .

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
What happened with the new s022g? The threads have gone dark. No youtube videos of it flying . . .

regards . . . g
Hey Getto Bird, how's your S022G?

G, check out Getto Bird's blog:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=418444

no recent stuff though. Getto, I think you've got some youtube videos, right?
RCG Plus Member