HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:31 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Also in sale in the UK

Nice video there Gordonzo, I was wondering when I might see video of one of these, back over Christmas time I was working in the Swansea Amazon fullfilment centre (wearhouse) and noticed one of these being sent out, I never knew it was a GT model though, I have the GT5888 2.4Ghz 4ch coax which is a really nice flyer.

This silver Chinook is about 23 at Focalprice, I just check Amazon UK and they still sell it for 29.99 with free delivery if I were to get one I would go with Amazon and pay that little more given how good their customer service is known to be with Rc helicopters but, seen as they have the S026G for as little as 19 with delivery (over the counter in ModelZone they are still 29.99) I would get the Syma first.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:27 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Nice video there Gordonzo, I was wondering when I might see video of one of these, back over Christmas time I was working in the Swansea Amazon fullfilment centre (wearhouse) and noticed one of these being sent out, I never knew it was a GT model though, I have the GT5888 2.4Ghz 4ch coax which is a really nice flyer.

This silver Chinook is about 23 at Focalprice, I just check Amazon UK and they still sell it for 29.99 with free delivery if I were to get one I would go with Amazon and pay that little more given how good their customer service is known to be with Rc helicopters but, seen as they have the S026G for as little as 19 with delivery (over the counter in ModelZone they are still 29.99) I would get the Syma first.
I have ordered from Focalprice many times. I have always received my product quickly and well packaged. The GT 9003 Chinook arrived in 2 weeks to Canada and cost significantly less than you pay there over the pond.

I bought this one because it is unique and a 'must have' for tandem collectors. I mostly fly fixed pitch outdoors but I still enjoy my tandems for indoor flights.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:51 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,259 Posts
Another Thanks for Gordon and Robo: It was the batteries. Finally found some new ones for my eflite tandem at Grayson Hobbie, and they work great. Odd that the batteries seem to charge fine and fly my Champ. I did the battery was pretty warm after I landed the tandem.
Makes me wonder about my other batteries, for my other helis, they charge, but do they really "work"? I always use a Lipo alarm though, just in case, on my larger machines.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Great to hear that you're back up and flying! I recently had my original Rescue battery poop out on me. Good thing I've got 2 more.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Here's a tip for anybody who might be lucky enough to get a YS8001. Unless you already have a WK 2801Pro TX...

GET THE WK 2403 TX!!!

I'd been using the older WK 2402 since that's what came with it the heli, but the 2402's a bare-bones TX and there's no D/R on it. The 2403 has a D/R switch and, after getting a great deal on one (thanks, erdnuckle2!!!), I found that using this switch makes this helicopter actually controllable in small rooms.

Strongly recommended.

Not that anybody's likely to pick up this museum piece anytime soon, but hey...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:23 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
If all is as expected I will beable to send you that MCX Tandem pcb for your experiments. I'll send you a pm when I have them here and evaluated.
Thanky you Gordonzo, your a ture gentleman. The PCB arrived safe and sound on Thursday 28, 8 working day for that distance is really good!

I would have had a play over the weekend but ended up workin 16 hrs Saturday and 13 Sunday which just about killed me. I'm off work Tomorrow night so I'm hoping to try it in a S026 first.

I can see 8 connectors other than one for the LiPo, can someone tell me which one is which for the four motors?
Last edited by djdavies83; Jul 02, 2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: 8 connectors not 6
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:32 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Thanky you Gordonzo, your a ture gentleman. The PCB arrived safe and sound on Thursday 28, 8 working day for that distance is really good!

I would have had a play over the weekend but ended up workin 16 hrs Saturday and 13 Sunday which just about killed me. I'm off work Tomorrow night so I'm hoping to try it in a S026 first.

I can see 8 connectors other than one for the LiPo, can someone tell me which one is which for the four motors?
There are 4 motor connectors and the rest are for the lights.

This is a bit complicated to explain so pay close attention.

Looking at the servo side there are 2 motor conn's, top is the upper blade motor and the btm is the lower blade motor.

Looking at the battery side, the motor conn's are at the top left. The top one is the upper blade motor and the btm is the lower blade motor.

I hope this makes sense.

regards . . . g
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:16 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Mini progress report, Tuesday I got some bits together an plugged a cell into the MCXt board, it powered up and bound just fine, Servo spun nonstop as expected, I disengaged the cog for the shaft so the motor could spin freely. singnal light on the board went on/off as I powered the Tx on/off. I located the tap point on the board for where to take motor signals from, "nice n easy highjacking the FETs S022 of should be" sorry that wasn't a very good YODA impression was it?

Next power up the signal light comes on for a second when the cell is plugged in then goes off, motor still spins. Is my cell too low and I need to charge it or is this a board problem?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Hey fella's, I'm getting my feet wet flying these heli's and man I'm really starting to dig the coaxial tandem helicopters. lov'in the Chinook but really lov'in the Ch-46 Sea Knight. I've be reading this thread and all over the net trying to fine a cool flying “micro” CH-46. Looks like Airhogs had one bout 3 years back. I do see some out there but looks like there all directly from china, (30 bucks plus just shipping) no info on how they fly. I’m hip to the larger heli’s : Eflite Tandem, Walkera 38# Tandem which I plan on getting down the road but for now I do most my flying indoors. I’m flying s107g’s now. My next will be the s026g. But if I can find a micro Ch-46….I’d be all over it, can you guys recommend or do you know of any micro Ch-46 Sea knight heli’s out there?

Thanks
-Rick
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Hi Rick,

The only Sea Knight I know of is the Blade Tandem which is suitable for indoor flying

I think Blade have discontinued it now so you may have problems finding one

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Hi Rick,

The only Sea Knight I know of is the Blade Tandem which is suitable for indoor flying

I think Blade have discontinued it now so you may have problems finding one

John.
ah man, my favorite one and no one makes no more
Maybe syma or somebody will pick the ball up in 2013
Thank again John.
-Rick
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Hi Rick,

You should have a chat with RoboHeli, he has a few different Chinooks that he is getting used to and would be able to give you good advice about the different makes.

I have posted this before and the lighting is not the best but here is a video of me throwing one of my S026G Chinooks about and having loads of fun

S026G (6 min 36 sec)

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
ah man, my favorite one and no one makes no more
Maybe syma or somebody will pick the ball up in 2013
Thank again John.
-Rick
I have an extra one c/w 1 battery, tx and Celectra charger. Flys great. No original box.

regards . . . g

edit: This was a video I shot a while ago. I really don't fly them much in summer as I am outside with my fps'. The Tandem Rescue is pretty much for indoors.

mcxtandem.wmv (5 min 7 sec)
Last edited by gordonzo; Jul 27, 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: add video
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I have an extra one c/w 1 battery, tx and Celectra charger. Flys great. No original box.

regards . . . g

edit: This was a video I shot a while ago. I really don't fly them much in summer as I am outside with my fps'. The Tandem Rescue is pretty much for indoors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBkn9lBDEDg
O yeah a very sweet bird there my friend.
Little much for me now, but when its time for me to step up, I will look you up.
Thanks G
-Rick
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Hi Rick,

You should have a chat with RoboHeli, he has a few different Chinooks that he is getting used to and would be able to give you good advice about the different makes.

I have posted this before and the lighting is not the best but here is a video of me throwing one of my S026G Chinooks about and having loads of fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aq3Y83Dgw&feature=plcp

John.
Great vid and flying there John.
Yes those lit'Chinooks are so cool. I'll drop RoboHeli line soon.
thanks
-Rick