HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should i close the Alternative MK Flight Control FC v1.33 - v2.0 MK THREAD??
Yes, And why? 5 27.78%
No, And why? 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:05 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Poll
POLL... Should i CLOSE the Alternative MK Flight Control FC v1.33 - v2.0 MK THREAD???

I just wanted to ask this,

Should i close the thread and let someone else do it

or leave it open?

Yes? and why?
-
No? and why?
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Feb 09, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Apr 2010
586 Posts
No, were should all the people go that have a alternative mk.
Leave it to the mods if it should be open or closed.
They shut it down before and reopened it.
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
lol @ uavx guy voting yes to close
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:51 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
Why do you ask and start a poll?

Though you promote an illegally cloned piece of hardware - which is a crime in Europe - in your thread, the site administration seems to be fine with it.

Otherwise they would have shut it down from the start...

The "Alternative" flight controller is not just an open source clone like so many on the market - it's prohibited plagiarism. It wouldn't pass German (or European) customs and as a buyer you'd be sued if someone at the customs knew what it is. It's a cheap copy of the "Rolex of Multirotors" and both you AND the site administration is fully aware of it.

I don't know about US laws - but if this forum was hosted on a European server, it would have been shut down before your ESCs could say *beeep*!

Now back to my initial question...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:08 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,914 Posts
Well, tough question. The problem is that nearly everything we use is a copy from china... the 401 gyro clones, Trex clones, motors, speed controllers, receivers,there is a clone for nearly everything. None of you are using the orange HK receivers or brushless motors? What about the Turnigy 2.4ghz transmitter?

Sounds like a slippery slope and we'd have to shut down the entire forum, and we don't want that.

I say let it live... people have spent a lot of time sharing information about the topic. If it's a big problem then Mikro should go after the manufacturers not the buyers.

But, should it be killed, I would have no hard feelings. I understand completely.
vic20owner is online now Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:59 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I'm sure that MK have got a load of business that they wouldn't have had if it wasn't for the clones. I'm bet loads of people have purchased a clone flight controller and ESCs and then gone on to purchase frames and camera mounts and navi boards etc.

I also think that MK are living in the past somewhat with their prices, when they pretty much had market domination, but now it appears like there's a new flight controller coming out every month. The clone market wouldn't exist if the real products were sensibly priced.

I don't think that the thread should be closed, because a lot of people have contributed to it and there's a lot of useful information in it for genuine MK users as well.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I'm sure that MK have got a load of business that they wouldn't have had if it wasn't for the clones. I'm bet loads of people have purchased a clone flight controller and ESCs and then gone on to purchase frames and camera mounts and navi boards etc.

I also think that MK are living in the past somewhat with their prices, when they pretty much had market domination, but now it appears like there's a new flight controller coming out every month. The clone market wouldn't exist if the real products were sensibly priced.

I don't think that the thread should be closed, because a lot of people have contributed to it and there's a lot of useful information in it for genuine MK users as well.
agreed 100%. and I have a oem v2.0 as well and new esc etc ordered from. Mk.us. so yea it's true it generated sales not sure what to do
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:44 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Quote:

How do you determine what the real price should be?. I work as a commercial photographer and my day rate to the casual observer looks pretty hefty. People ask me for quotes, balk at my fee and say they can do it themselves which is fine. But so often they come back to me when their efforts fail. False economy hits everyone at some point, going for the cheap option can work but sometimes just sometimes a price on goods or services isnt simply a case of going well those components cant cost more than $20 so how can they sell it for $150. Companies who design and innovate spend a fair bit of time and effort into their products which clones dont. It simply comes down to a case of am I willing to risk a lack of support for a cheaper product and am I happy to buy something off someone who stole someone elses research and development.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:49 PM
Suffolk County NY , USA
Joined Mar 2009
521 Posts
[QUOTE=lovegroove;17359530 The clone market wouldn't exist if the real products were sensibly priced.
[/QUOTE]

In general , meaning the market for clones in genreal ( trex clones / rx clones ... ect ) I dont think this is true ..

The "real" will always have the cost of research and development to recoup. The clone maker just makes the design that someone else came up. They can sell the item for a small margin above cost. The "real" folks have a much larger cost.

This does not include the concept where the "real" uses higher quality parts , and the clone maker cuts corners to reduce the price.

The clone market , IMO , would exist no matter what. Even if the "real" sold for cost. They have the cost of initial development to recoup. So cost will always be higher.
Kevo500 is offline Find More Posts by Kevo500
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
How do you determine what the real price should be?. I work as a commercial photographer and my day rate to the casual observer looks pretty hefty. People ask me for quotes, balk at my fee and say they can do it themselves which is fine. But so often they come back to me when their efforts fail. False economy hits everyone at some point, going for the cheap option can work but sometimes just sometimes a price on goods or services isnt simply a case of going well those components cant cost more than $20 so how can they sell it for $150. Companies who design and innovate spend a fair bit of time and effort into their products which clones dont. It simply comes down to a case of am I willing to risk a lack of support for a cheaper product and am I happy to buy something off someone who stole someone elses research and development.
I didn't open this thread got debate we have been over that for some time please vote what I should Di it's simple. I own both cline and oem so either way for me
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:55 PM
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
That's a totally crap analogy!

It must be annoying for MK to see these clones, but I don't really think it affects their core market anyway and could in fact bring more residual sales that they wouldn't have got otherwise. MK are making money off of other people's work as well, as it originally started out as open source!
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:07 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Quote:
That's a totally crap analogy!

It must be annoying for MK to see these clones, but I don't really think it affects their core market anyway and could in fact bring more residual sales that they wouldn't have got otherwise. MK are making money off of other people's work as well, as it originally started out as open source!
bet you arent self employed and bet you havent had your work stolen.
Come back to me when you understand the value and importance of intellectual copyright mate because clearly at present its beyond you.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:08 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
I didn't open this thread got debate we have been over that for some time please vote what I should Di it's simple. I own both cline and oem so either way for me
You have a poll with the question yes or no and why. There is no place to say why in the poll so surely this is where a reason is given???
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:15 PM
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
bet you arent self employed and bet you havent had your work stolen.
Come back to me when you understand the value and importance of intellectual copyright mate because clearly at present its beyond you.
You don't know anything about me, so don't jump to conclusions and don't call me mate!! As it happens, I am self employed and I work for market rates. If I tried to charge over the top for everything ala MK, then I would soon lose all my work to people willing to do the same job for less.

I don't even own an MK clone, so I don't know why I bothered getting into this debate.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
You have a poll with the question yes or no and why. There is no place to say why in the poll so surely this is where a reason is given???
no and why an yes an why not a debate or argue with people it's very simple vote and state your opinion this goes for everyone
Closed Thread