Ksqm
ksqm is offline Find More Posts by ksqm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
In the Bae Hawk this option wonīt work, once the turtle deck is covered twice (there are two levels os depron. And put a plastic like a spoon under the fuse, it will be broke in the first landing in the grass. I will make the hole today night and make some tests.

Dave,

The TP 325mah 2S lipos arrived yesterday from RC Lipos to me. The are 1gr lighter than the 370mah 2s nanotech I have, what is better to use? I know that with the TP 3S, it has so much more power, besides it gets a lot of weitght too…

My son talked to me yesterday: “ - Dad, it was going nicely in the handlaunch, but appeared to be weak…” I am sure it didnīt had enough power to climb and go to the sky… letīs make the needed changes and try again!

Best regards,
Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
from the Polaris thread - a popular way to get more airflow is to cut a hole and use half a white plastic spoon as a small air scoop over the top of it.
no - it's not really a 'scale' option - on the 64mm T-45's their cheater holes are on the top of the turtle deck just behind the canopy. (Nitro will confirm this)
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Luis---Why not go with 3S 240mAh Hyperion packs???...Light and will give you the 3S power that you need...It could be argued that the flight times for the lower capacity 3S packs are close to the same as the 2S higher capacity packs...Since your using less throttle to keep the model airborne with 3S vs having to keep the model virtually at full throttle on 2S---Flight times could just be a wash depending on the packs used...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
I would go with Thunder Power every time Luis!

First cut the cheater hole and try again. Full throttle and a baseball throw. No 'wimpy wrist' wave off's!!

You don't need a scoop. It will be fine with just the hole. I don't know if you ever saw the 25mm fan unit I designed for the Micro Hawk? It had a cheater hole built into the unit and the whole thing can come out for maintenance as it is held in by 4 screws in a mount that is glued into the frame.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Hi friends,

Hole is done, nose is glued back on itīs place and here we go again!

No Dave, I havenīt seen your new edf unit. Itīs amazing! One of the difficulties I saw in this jet, is the maintenance, once everything is closed and no door is available to access the eletronics But I think it can be solved very easy Dave. I was thinking about how to hold the canopy on it... as I had a C2020 turnigy burned here, I got two earth magnets (they are very little and powerfull) and solved my problem. I think it also can be used to access the eletronics

Iīll use the 2s 325 mah Thunder Power that just arrived to me in the next maidened. I have also the TP3s, but is too heavy and scares me a lot

I am sure Iīll fly this Bae Hawk. I need to fly it
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Looking good Luis!

Good luck again for the next launch.

I was going to post all my failed maiden and crash images of my Hawks but didn't want to dampen the mood. LOL
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Joined Jun 2011
227 Posts
I have about 15 pics with a nice crashes of my micro bandit!!!

Luis buena suerte
jahel is online now Find More Posts by jahel
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Yesterday I was making some new tests, after I made the hole in my Bae Hawk. I saw that is impressive the thrust power difference, it is much better than before . But there is a big difference between these two batteries: Thunder
Power 2s and 3s G3, this last one is much more powerfull! Iīll go to the field with both on my bag.

Dave, I love your new edf design setup! Iīll want to put it in my Bae Hawk number 2, ok?

Wish me luck again fellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I would go with Thunder Power every time Luis!

First cut the cheater hole and try again. Full throttle and a baseball throw. No 'wimpy wrist' wave off's!!

You don't need a scoop. It will be fine with just the hole. I don't know if you ever saw the 25mm fan unit I designed for the Micro Hawk? It had a cheater hole built into the unit and the whole thing can come out for maintenance as it is held in by 4 screws in a mount that is glued into the frame.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
GOOD LUCK!!!...Let us know how it goes...

Kevin
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Good luck Luis! Bring a video camera!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
The maiden will be on monday morning
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
The maiden will be on monday morning
Best of luck Luis, we are waiting for your successful flight report!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Thank you so much Fred, Iīll need!

Iīll maiden two new planes: the Bae Hawk and my new wing: the Assassin

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...52384&page=385
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Hi friends,

The wind was blowing too strong and the maiden of the Bae Hawk could not happen To tell you that Iīm not afraid to handlaunch it, here a video showing the wind noise this monday morning... at least I could maiden my new Assassin wing. The video was made with my 12 years old son with my Iphone...

Assassin wing (2 min 11 sec)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
No need to rush it!!!...Maiden the Hawk when you are comfortable...

Kevin