SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:45 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Crikey Kevin!!

That's a slick finish for depron! Well done!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:44 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Wow... itīs a perfect finish!
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:43 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Here is the final finsh before spraying the white.....Lookin' good!!!--But I'm afraid that it will be heavy...It is what it is and will fly great!!!...The glide may be long due to the weight but the speed will put a smile to my face......

Kevin
Looks like a molded composit model Kevin! Very nice. I too will fly a good looking model before I will stress over weight! Can't wait, should be the best looker yet. Oh and we know if they look like that they will fly even better!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Looks like a molded composit model Kevin! Very nice. I too will fly a good looking model before I will stress over weight! Can't wait, should be the best looker yet. Oh and we know if they look like that they will fly even better!

Fred
Thanks all for the compliments!!!...Now you know why I was getting so frustrated getting the finish right as I knew I was capable of smoothly getting it done....Since I have family coming over this evening the white will have to wait until tomorow..This gives the primer a little more time to cure, making dry sanding easier as to not prematurely clog the sand paper..

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Well---At least it's white!!!......Gonna spray the rest of the colors tomorrow...Today is the first day in MONTHS where the humidity has been lower and the temps in the low '80's...PERFECT for painting!!!...65* here now---Seriously--It's been months since we've had weather like this......Expected low in the AM is 58*!!!...58* in AUGUST???...Opening up the windows now for a good nights sleep...(Crickets chirping!!!......)

Kevin
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
I have a name for your baby! Mr. Clean...... Really looks crisp and almost too perfect to fly. But like an angel, I'm sure it will! We got some cooler weather too, but my lawn is so crispy I do not know if it will ever be the same.

Fred
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:11 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
..it's freaking me out, Man!....
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Hi friends,

Just came back from field. Today is fatherīs day and I went with my son to play football, he ride his skate and I flew my planes.

First I flew my T27 Embrarer AFA Tucano, and then tried the Bae Hawk. Since thye first tests, I thought it didnīt have enoughf power to pull it to the air. I was using a turnigy nanotech 2s 370mah. I throw it, had not enough power to climb. I did it about 5 times and in the last it stalled with the nose and broke it

The ammo motor makes so noise, but could not keep the model in the air. It was in the correct cg and it flew about 10 meters and went loosing altitude, reaching the floor. Iīm sure if the motor had enoufg power I could keep it in the air, but I donīt know what happened...

The repair will be so easy to do: just glue the nose and change the bubble by another I already have here at home.

What must had happened ? Any ideas?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
Fear me, I'm a space-duck.
Nederland, GE, Wageningen
Joined Nov 2011
288 Posts
Maybe your battery has a dead cell which causes the power loss?
hanzie is offline Find More Posts by hanzie
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Cut a cheater hole in the belly right in front of the fan Luis(a half circle flat to the rear). Being a 10mm motor - it may not have the torque to pull the air though.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Dave, you mean a hole like that?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Yes! Exactly like that. It only needs to be ~25mm wide.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Sorry to hear about the maiden Luis...Doesn't look to be hurt too badly...

Instead of opening up a cheater hole I clipped the intakes back a little from their stock location...This opens up the intake as when stock you can see how the intakes are slightly pinched...It also slightly shortens the long draggy intakes some as well...Since I'm running a fan 5mm larger than what the plane was designed for and on 3S I'm thinking that I'm going to need to open up a slight cheater hole even with the mods that I've done...I have nothing against small cheater holes as ya can't see it in flight anyway on this plane being this small...

I'm after flight performance and if it takes a little extra air then so be it!!!

Kevin
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Sorry Luis. Looks like you are doing the right things to get it fixed. Best of luck!

Fred
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:22 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Sorry to hear about the maiden Luis...Doesn't look to be hurt too badly...

Instead of opening up a cheater hole I clipped the intakes back a little from their stock location...This opens up the intake as when stock you can see how the intakes are slightly pinched...It also slightly shortens the long draggy intakes some as well...Since I'm running a fan 5mm larger than what the plane was designed for and on 3S I'm thinking that I'm going to need to open up a slight cheater hole even with the mods that I've done...I have nothing against small cheater holes as ya can't see it in flight anyway on this plane being this small...

I'm after flight performance and if it takes a little extra air then so be it!!!

Kevin
from the Polaris thread - a popular way to get more airflow is to cut a hole and use half a white plastic spoon as a small air scoop over the top of it.
no - it's not really a 'scale' option - on the 64mm T-45's their cheater holes are on the top of the turtle deck just behind the canopy. (Nitro will confirm this)
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark