HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2003, 02:18 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,651 Posts
Dindea,

Sorry if I hurt you, did not intend to.

I was just trying to answer your question about where in the datasheet was there a hint of the PCB copper lands helping the transistor doing its job.

It is a fact that it is not obvious at all in this particular datasheet.

In some other datasheets, it is much more clear.

As for max current for transistor, I tend to take it as I would a car's maximum speed, i.e. not for everyday driving, just something nice to know, but not really practical or conductive to reliability.
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,741 Posts
Dindea, personal attacks on Dave and Jean-Marie does not make things better. I went through the posts and although some of the answers might have become a bit less "diplomatic" along the way I would not call them "abuse".

We come from different corners of the globe and do not have the same standards for politeness. We also have different backgrounds and it can sometimes be difficult to gauge how much knowledge the person asking questions already posesses about the topic.

Add to that the fact that many questions get asked over and over again. That can make some a bit short-tempered. This is the reason I often try to promote the use of the search engine and often answer posts with a link to a previous discussion of the subject.

Being on an online forum (ANY online forum) takes a bit of tolerance and a cool head. Lets all try to be friends

Dindea, please not that the above (except for my opening remark) was not aimed at you specifically but at all of us.

Now if anyone thinks I should 'butt out' I will - BUT - please let me know in a curteous PM and not on this forum where we should be discussing electric models

TIA

Michael
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Oct 18, 2003, 04:34 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
I apologize to anyone and everyone that feels offended, especially Jean-Marie, this was not my intent.

Even though I have a low post count, and just joined recently, I have been a LONG, LONG time lurker on this board. If I need to find out information, I look (search) first and ask questions as a last resort, always have, always will. Sometimes the answers are not as easily found, like the proper thermal considerations for the IRLML2502.
Dindea is offline Find More Posts by Dindea
Last edited by Dindea; Nov 01, 2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 05:37 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,741 Posts
Irony at its finest

Michael
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Oct 18, 2003, 07:12 PM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
NOW HERE THIS

We are seriously off topic now and it is spoiling an otherwise excellent thread.

This:

"Sorry, but i think you are wrong" Dave
"Suppose I should point out I know current draw" Dave
"has to have heat sink" Dave
"As I said, unless it has proper heat sink" Dave
"Look again" JMP

Is not abuse of any sort it is merely stating what they think/know to be true. It is a little much to expect Dave and others to remember how easy it is to find the info in the datasheet or indeed to go researching on your behalf.

I thank Michael for some sane words on the use of the forum.

Dindea, your comment about Dave's alleged charactor flaw was a personal attack as it is his charactor no one elses. It was certainly more of an attack than "it needs a heatsink"

This issue is over and further posts on this subject will be deleted.

Back to DIY IR if you please.

Graham
Graham Stabler is offline Find More Posts by Graham Stabler
Old Oct 18, 2003, 09:57 PM
mudville
Joined Nov 2002
952 Posts
koichi ir tx

anybody know where to get koichi ir tx hex file for pic16f84a

Steve H
shoutchen is offline Find More Posts by shoutchen
Old Oct 18, 2003, 10:14 PM
Near Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Apr 2003
248 Posts
I am interested in opinions on what direction the IR detector should face, and why. Do flying site factors such as ceiling height a distance between walls affect the placement?
GailInNM is offline Find More Posts by GailInNM
Old Oct 19, 2003, 02:04 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,548 Posts
Have my surface mount components ordered , have a Jr buddy transmitter almost complete -need more parts
have a RXS300 receiver built to test system , hope to get time to program chips n test this week .
keep your fingers crossed lol
clipclop is offline Find More Posts by clipclop
Old Oct 19, 2003, 02:06 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,548 Posts
more pictures
Old Oct 19, 2003, 02:08 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,548 Posts
The silicone Chip pic programer, just have to set the voltages
Old Oct 19, 2003, 05:40 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,548 Posts
This is the motor from a micro combat tank linked with gears from a timer , 71/2 to 1 ratio Wt 2g its got the wires going into the end cap resistance 3.9ohms , anyone have any idea what size prop, is this motor any good ?
Stewart
6mm Dia 12mm L
Last edited by clipclop; Oct 19, 2003 at 05:43 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 12:14 PM
MSC Rödinghausen, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
GailInNM,

Quote:
Originally posted by GailInNM
I am interested in opinions on what direction the IR detector should face, and why. Do flying site factors such as ceiling height a distance between walls affect the placement?
one sensor facing down works for me for distances of up to 20-25m. To be able to fly in our whole gym wich is 45m long I use two sensors back to back, looking sideways.

I use 20 Vishay TSAL 6200 IR emitters with a peak current of 200mA per LED.

Regards, Jochen
jberg is offline Find More Posts by jberg
Old Oct 19, 2003, 01:08 PM
Near Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Apr 2003
248 Posts
Thanks Jochen.
I have been playing with Vishay TSOP7000 receiver and TSHF5400 emitters running into a Cygnal C8051F330 processor for decoding and signal processing. Still on the bench, but about ready to start packaging for flight soon. The TSOP7000 uses a 455kHz subcarrier for higher data rates. Hope to fly it about the first of the year.
Gail
GailInNM is offline Find More Posts by GailInNM
Old Oct 19, 2003, 03:03 PM
Cannes Mandelieu, France
Joined Jun 2003
598 Posts
clip clop:
you can try a 10 cm diam prop ( carbon copy from rubber plane one to save weight)
try 30 s with 1 lipoly and if the motor is not hot it's good!
i think amps are about 0.5 A max for these motors .
patrick.
bleriot 11 is offline Find More Posts by bleriot 11
Old Oct 19, 2003, 03:06 PM
Hornet Basher
College Station, TX
Joined Jan 2002
460 Posts
@GailInNM

First of all are you programming in assembly? I'm trying to make a IR receiver with the c8051f300 but the decoding it giving me problems. How have you gone about it?
Thx for the help
Hodgepodge is offline Find More Posts by Hodgepodge