HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:47 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,537 Posts
That's GREAT News Laine. BTW, news of our little 'feud' hit the internet the other evening! Check out the last 10 minutes or so of CrashCast Episode 104. If you need a hand getting ready for SEFF, let me know. I'm sure I can spare some time to help you out if you need it. Take care of yourself, and Thank You.
KFC is online now Find More Posts by KFC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:15 PM
just go FLY !!
Jasper, TN
Joined May 2004
1,174 Posts
Safe travels Laine, i appreciate your service & sacrifices so we are able to enjoy freedom.
i know you're family will be glad to have you at home. looking forward to seeing you at SEFF!

Brian
brn-grose is online now Find More Posts by brn-grose
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:20 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor_77 View Post
That's GREAT News Laine. BTW, news of our little 'feud' hit the internet the other evening! Check out the last 10 minutes or so of CrashCast Episode 104. If you need a hand getting ready for SEFF, let me know. I'm sure I can spare some time to help you out if you need it. Take care of yourself, and Thank You.
Just got done listening to it. Pretty cool man. You know, I'll be home ALLLLL YEAR this next year.... who knows what kind of insanity I will come up with for SEFF 2012!! Better bring your "A game" next year!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:22 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,840 Posts
Thanks Brian. Looking forward to getting back home soon. Tonight will be my last flight in Afghanistan. I made it to 999 total hours last night, so I have to fly a 1.0 tonight to make my 1000 hour goal. Hope the weather holds out!

We'll see you at SEFF man, cant wait to just cut up for a week out there.

Laine.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:46 PM
Scratchest Aeromodelling;-)
Visakhapatnam, INDIA
Joined Sep 2008
314 Posts
so, will your 'Figure9RC' too be back Laine?

Merog
Merog is offline Find More Posts by Merog
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:53 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,840 Posts
Yes Merog, I'll be getting that all taken care of too. Takes a lot of time and I havent really had the time recently.

Laine.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:14 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Congrats on coming home Laine.

I think there is a "field" out on Ft. "Rooker" that people fly at. I've looked it up but never been out there.

My wife has family down that way in Troy and Enterprise. Her Uncle used to work on Heli's at Rucker but he retired a couple years ago. From the stories, there are some interesting characters out there in the maintenance group

There is one guy that you don't want to be standing next to for long. Whenever he hears a loud noise he starts swinging and basically attacks anyone close to him. LOL
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:47 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,840 Posts
LOL, yeah, Rucker is a trip for sure. There are 3 or 4 flying fields in the area. I did a bit of flyin down there when I was in flight school. Not a bad area really. Im lookin forward to getting there.

Thanks

Laine.