HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 07:53 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,907 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum 2011 Product lineup

I just got my hands on a copy of the Spektrum media kit for the 2011 season. I'm sure many of you have seen the DX8 with its built in telemetry and you might have possibly seen the latest announcement, the further refinement of the DSM2 technology they are calling DSMX. With all the cool stuff in the product catalog, the 10t transmitter really stood out to me. It features all the bells and whistles one would expect from a cutting edge high end transmitter, in a form factor thats hard to find here in the states.

DSMX is backwards and forwards with all DSM2 technology, so all your hardware will continue to work as you would expect, and as far as I'm aware most DSM2 transmitters will have the option to be upgraded at the factory to DSMX technology for a one time fee. To quickly summarize, DSMX utilizes much better frequency selection techniques and instead of scanning for a few channels upon startup to switch between (DSM2), DSMX selects 23 channels to switch between. Horizon Hobby has all you want to know about it here. I know there is lots to read there but if nothing else check out the video. It very nicely summarizes the capabilites of DSMX in my opinion.

Another cool thing I noticed was the addition of an iPad/iPhone/iPad, app for the Spektrum telemetry feature entitled Spektrum STi. It allows you to view your telemetry stats (in real time), enabling your spotter the ultimate level of insight into your planes current state. Pretty amazing stuff if you ask me!

Spektrum has some pretty cool stuff out right now, and coming in the future for cars, boats, and helis/planes. They certainly have expanded on their product lineup in the last year or two, and it looks like 2011 isn't going to slow them down at all. Heres a link to a digital copy of the product catalog for your viewing pleasure.
gp125racer is online now Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:23 AM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,470 Posts
I like the newly announced DX10t:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383835

It'll be delivered from the start with DSMX!
Vicarious is offline Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:45 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
408 Posts
Yesterday I downloaded the FREE Spektrum STi iPhone app for my iPhone 4.

The flight instruments look exactly as they do in the Spektrum media kit. The STi adapter for the iPhone won't be available until November per the Horizon/Spektrum web page.
Syntax is offline Find More Posts by Syntax
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:51 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,343 Posts
So what do you connect the STi module to inside your airplane? How does it take the readings? Is there another cord required?
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13