HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HeliGriff, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:58 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
my my my... I replaced the tip on my soldering gun and soldered all my batteries in the time it would take me to do one battery previously.
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:16 PM
United States, OR, Astoria
Joined Feb 2011
1,013 Posts
Looks like I missed some posts lately. Dsobbe, thanks for the link on the retracts.
Been working overtime again, so no time to do anything. It took me a week to rebuild my 600. But she's alive now.
khoysagk is online now Find More Posts by khoysagk
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:09 AM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoysagk View Post
Looks like I missed some posts lately. Dsobbe, thanks for the link on the retracts.
Been working overtime again, so no time to do anything. It took me a week to rebuild my 600. But she's alive now.
Looking good! Glad it's back together! I'm ready to fly too!

BTW, I was getting a vibration on spool-up with the 700 F3C skid on the front and the 600 on the back. I put the 600's back on and the vibration stopped. I think the skid pipes were putting a twist in the landing gear, keeping it from setting square. Since I've learned not to drag the tail in the dirt, the 600 gear is not a problem anymore.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, AR, Springdale
Joined Aug 2012
338 Posts
Just bought a v200d01. I've only flown a 3 channel and wanted to move to something more realistic and so far I love it. This thread has been very helpful. I just have a question. My RTF kit came with the 2402d transmitter instead of the 2403. Other than not having switches on the 2402d and the 2403 being half the price, what is the difference in the two? Also manual I got is for 2403. Where can I get one for the 2402d and do I need one?
Rweston is offline Find More Posts by Rweston
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweston View Post
Just bought a v200d01. I've only flown a 3 channel and wanted to move to something more realistic and so far I love it. This thread has been very helpful. I just have a question. My RTF kit came with the 2402d transmitter instead of the 2403. Other than not having switches on the 2402d and the 2403 being half the price, what is the difference in the two? Also manual I got is for 2403. Where can I get one for the 2402d and do I need one?
Welcome to the forum,

Operationally, the 2403 and 2402 are the same. The switches on the 2403 are for dual rate and throttle limit. Both are practically useless for the V200D01, in mho. Here's a link to the 2402 manual.

http://www.nanoheli.net/nanoheli/upl...ual-WK2402.pdf
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
338 Posts
Thanks for the info. All new to me. Having a blast flying(hovering) this machine, learning something new every day. Nice to have a place like this to read and ask questions.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweston View Post
Thanks for the info. All new to me. Having a blast flying(hovering) this machine, learning something new every day. Nice to have a place like this to read and ask questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
Welcome to the forum,

Operationally, the 2403 and 2402 are the same. The switches on the 2403 are for dual rate and throttle limit. Both are practically useless for the V200D01, in mho. Here's a link to the 2402 manual.

http://www.nanoheli.net/nanoheli/upl...ual-WK2402.pdf
Thanks for stopping by! The V200D01 is a blast. More than one of us on this blog started out with a V200D01!

I was out flying and missed your post. Fortunately, we have a good bunch of guys who are on top of things. Thanks DSobbe!

In other heli-news... Pretty boring stuff tonight. I practiced my approach speeds and flair-outs. I tried some different TX settings. I did a lot of 1-6 inch altitude maneuvering about and soft-touch landings. I doubt it will be anything video worthy. If I see anything of interest on the video, I'll post it. I'm thinking of going back to my old -3 to +10 collective, 9 cyclic. I seemed to have better approaches before I cranked them up to 12. It's too jumpy now.

With all this recent activity about the V200D01, perhaps I should get another!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, OR, Astoria
Joined Feb 2011
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Thanks for stopping by! The V200D01 is a blast. More than one of us on this blog started out with a V200D01!

I was out flying and missed your post. Fortunately, we have a good bunch of guys who are on top of things. Thanks DSobbe!

In other heli-news... Pretty boring stuff tonight. I practiced my approach speeds and flair-outs. I tried some different TX settings. I did a lot of 1-6 inch altitude maneuvering about and soft-touch landings. I doubt it will be anything video worthy. If I see anything of interest on the video, I'll post it. I'm thinking of going back to my old -3 to +10 collective, 9 cyclic. I seemed to have better approaches before I cranked them up to 12. It's too jumpy now.

With all this recent activity about the V200D01, perhaps I should get another!
Boring is better than flying away on its own and ending up in some bushes.
Funny you said that about the V200. I have been toying with the idea too, it was my first after all.
khoysagk is online now Find More Posts by khoysagk
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:54 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Funny you said that about the V200. I have been toying with the idea too, it was my first after all.
We are too much alike.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:56 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
True!

I just watched an hour of video. Nothing impressive that I saw. Next time..
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:38 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
+1 for that
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Funny you said that about the V200. I just flew mine in front of the house. I planted my 450 Monday and had to send the Tx in for mods. My V200 and 4f180 sure pick up the slack in the down time. To bad you sold yours, Russ. Psst! Wanna buy one? How much yea got?
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
The V200 or V120 is invaluable "Trainer", particularly for me V120 can be flown indoors.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
338 Posts
I've got to find more room to fly. Fine in tail in hover, trying to practice angle and side in. Start to lose it and run out of room to recover.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:20 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
Funny you said that about the V200. I just flew mine in front of the house. I planted my 450 Monday and had to send the Tx in for mods. My V200 and 4f180 sure pick up the slack in the down time. To bad you sold yours, Russ. Psst! Wanna buy one? How much yea got?
Geepers! Am I the only one who doesn't have a V200D01 anymore? How embarrassing.

So Don, if you plant a 450, will it grow to be a 500? Sorry about that.

Does anyone have a V200D03? I was tinkering with the thought of that or a Blade 300 for street flying.. after I get a backup TRex.. which is after I get more batteries.. which is after........... what was the question?