HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:11 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
I think you should be able to run a 7x4 or 7x5 on a 1600kv motor. I run that prop on my 1800kv equiped FB. Or you could try a 1000 mAh 4 cell pack. Now that would be fun
Andy
hmmmmmm now tha't an idea.I just dont think that motor will handle 4s though.but will look into that
I'l play around with props.maybe a 6.5x6/7
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
I think you should be able to run a 7x4 or 7x5 on a 1600kv motor. I run that prop on my 1800kv equiped FB. Or you could try a 1000 mAh 4 cell pack. Now that would be fun
Andy
I agree. I have a 7x6 on mine. I tried a smaller prop but I miss the thrust.
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:49 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1379 View Post
I agree. I have a 7x6 on mine. I tried a smaller prop but I miss the thrust.
I'm looking at a fun "slow" speedy so I'm opting for smaller prop on higher pitch
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:50 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,230 Posts
You will soon come round to Chris and my way of thinking
I run 6x4 props on 2200 kv motors.
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:32 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
I'm looking at a fun "slow" speedy so I'm opting for smaller prop on higher pitch
Props are cheap enough so order a few compatible ones and try them. Just as long as you don't pull too much current and fry something .
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:30 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
lol that's what im going to do.no I'm very cautious when playing with props.therefor wattmeter and some time to play around
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
made mine. Flies great. 6mm depron and a smaller motor than usual. But she works. Didn't hit any snags when buillding... :P Used a few slope soaring techniques like tape on the leading edges and the belly. Helps with hard landing.

regards
Matthew
lemuel is offline Find More Posts by lemuel
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:56 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,713 Posts
adds a bit of credence to the term Hot Flying
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:07 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuel View Post
made mine. Flies great. 6mm depron and a smaller motor than usual. But she works. Didn't hit any snags when buillding... :P Used a few slope soaring techniques like tape on the leading edges and the belly. Helps with hard landing.

regards
Matthew
Be careful not to "hot dog" it too much....oops, you already did. Is that a 24g motor? What KV?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:09 AM
Little Rock, arkansas
Joined Nov 2010
139 Posts
Funbat Combat (2 min 4 sec)

I can't believe I never posted this one... I built a carload of funbats with my phlatprinter and we did a little combat with them at the local field. Emax 2822 motors. 7 inch prop and 500mah 3 cells. 25 foot crepe paper streamers...Supposedly we were supposed to be aiming for the streamers.. But I think we were all hoping for full contact.
wlrman36 is offline Find More Posts by wlrman36
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:23 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,230 Posts
lemuel
just watch for dingo's when you bring her in for a landing
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Quote:
Be careful not to "hot dog" it too much....oops, you already did. Is that a 24g motor? What KV?
I am a techno Dummy, my friend bought it for me. I could be wrong, but I think it is one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Outrunner.html
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:19 PM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Took my Funbat out to fly today. A nice large area, a bit breezy but what the hell. I plugged my 7.4v 800mah lipo in and away she went. Needed about 3/4 throttle to maintain a positive climb. Did this twice and then switched to my 3s 11.1v 1000mah battery and YEEEEHA! vertical baby!

Much more fun to fly. Needs downthrust with this much power. Still fiddling with the CG also. The plane will fly around easy on 1/3 throttle and probably fly for around 30 minutes. Thanks for the design, next step is vertical take off..
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:25 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuel View Post
Took my Funbat out to fly today. A nice large area, a bit breezy but what the hell. I plugged my 7.4v 800mah lipo in and away she went. Needed about 3/4 throttle to maintain a positive climb. Did this twice and then switched to my 3s 11.1v 1000mah battery and YEEEEHA! vertical baby!

Much more fun to fly. Needs downthrust with this much power. Still fiddling with the CG also. The plane will fly around easy on 1/3 throttle and probably fly for around 30 minutes. Thanks for the design, next step is vertical take off..
Glad to see you're having so much fun. Yours must be very light with that power system. Just be careful with 3s not to burn anything up. As for the downthrust, I trimmed in a little down elevator instead. I noticed that it noses down more inverted with or without power and the elevator trim helps that too. I have a switch programmed to trim the elevator back level for takeoffs, landings, and slow flight.

BTW, I noticed the pot behind your plane. Would that be the chilli for your dogs, lol.

Chris
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Quote:
Glad to see you're having so much fun. Yours must be very light with that power system. Just be careful with 3s not to burn anything up. As for the downthrust, I trimmed in a little down elevator instead. I noticed that it noses down more inverted with or without power and the elevator trim helps that too. I have a switch programmed to trim the elevator back level for takeoffs, landings, and slow flight.

BTW, I noticed the pot behind your plane. Would that be the chilli for your dogs, lol.

Chris
Hi Chris. It is a wonderful design. I think the cg makes this plane a better flyer when it is right on. Mine May still be nose heavy as well. This will make rolls a bit screw like. I expected this plane to roll on its axis? Maybe not. In regard to your comment on over heating the electric parts. I felt them after flight and they were barely warm. So i guess that is a good sign? Regards Matthew