birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:44 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2005
1,328 Posts
Pyrofan

I made 2 funbats useing Readi-board ($ tree) and each took 2 sheets. almost one full sheet just for the main wing, and tails. Its really about 1 1/4 ~ 1 1/3 sheets of Readi-Board once you make the fuslage parts. But I do recomend extending the nose. Even with my test glides it was hard to balance the plane right.

If you want I uploaded an alternative fuselage for the funbat that I designed that will take a 3c pack and extends the nose out. its back a couple of pages. I also recomend that once you are done building the plane that you do cover it with the packing tape to stiffen it up.

heres a direct link to the post. Page 45 has a lot of my planes pictured.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=674
OutcastZeroOne is offline Find More Posts by OutcastZeroOne
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hackney
Joined Aug 2011
217 Posts
is there a plan for the 39" maxi funbat anywhere? or are people just scaling up the standard plan when printing?
stallion explosi is offline Find More Posts by stallion explosi
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:07 AM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
yea that looks good. Im gonna run a 3s 2200 pack. i got the wing cut out last night
Pyrofan is offline Find More Posts by Pyrofan
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:27 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,032 Posts
Re Funbat Maxi
I just scaled up the original plan for my bigun. It'a mostly straight lines so easy to mark out directly on the foam.
I find mine is a real floater and I reckon could be sloped soared in the right conditions
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
217 Posts
ahah! cool. hey what sort of percentage do you reckon i'd need to upsized the plans pdf to print at around 40"?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi View Post
ahah! Cool. Hey what sort of percentage do you reckon i'd need to upsized the plans pdf to print at around 40"?
146%
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
217 Posts
awesome thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
got mine all cut out and motor mounted. Now need to mount the servos. How should I attach the prop to the motor.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:24 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,032 Posts
I tend to favour a prop saver but I junk the O rings in favour of some silcon tube cut into 2mm rings.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3738
In the states you can buy surgical tube that will do the job. Now, a word of warning. If you are running a high watt set up you might find that you might need two rings and even that might not be enough. Stay well away from the prop arc when testing and stay clear of anything or anyone that might get damaged/hurt by the prop parting company. If in any doubt use a collet style prop adapter instead.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19593
For either type make sure you buy the correct size which will usually be either 3mm or 3.17mm
Just set your esc brake to off so that it will still turn when power off & landing. This will allow the prop to rotate out of the way if it strikes the ground which should save you a broken prop.
Andy
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
got mine all built. tomorrow will be the maiden flight. It is 15oz and is tail heavy. I need some counter weight. how much deflection should be on the alirons and elevator.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:23 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Joined May 2005
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
got mine all built. tomorrow will be the maiden flight. It is 15oz and is tail heavy. I need some counter weight. how much deflection should be on the alirons and elevator.
how tail heavy is it? mine balanced out at about 3/4" back from the leading edge of the wing, and i had lots of room to adjust the battery around in the fuse to move it back.

as far as the prop saver goes, I agree to use one. but get it from Strong Motors. Guy is a member here on the forum, his prop savers are better priced, and you will get the part by next week, instead of next month. He also has a number of good motors for really good prices, and since he is in the states, shipping rates are better too.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:09 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,032 Posts
Pyrofan
In an earlier post you wrote that you were planning on using a 2200 lipo. If this is the case I'm surprised that you are coming out tail heavy.
I would agree with OCZ re sourcing prop savers etc locally. I just posted the HK links so you could see what I mean. For a US mail order supplier you could look at Heads Up RC
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront . You will finds lots of prop data for the motors they sell.
Andy
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
yea I make a LOT of orders from headsup. It will balance about 1/4- 1/2 in from the stock CG( 1 1/4in I believe). That should be alright, right?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:50 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Joined May 2005
1,328 Posts
on the plans it says a max of 1.75" back

where are the pictures of your plane anyway?