HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 50mph, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 03:53 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Discussion
New Power Fury

Something old, I donít know if anyone still has their New Power Fury.
This model was sitting in my LHS for quite some time and was the oldest kit the shop had. The date on the price tag dated 04/2008. I always remember seeing this on the wall and never really thought about what was inside the box. So I asked and opened the box. I was amazed at the covering and simply wanted the plane. People stopped posting on this back in 2009. The designer was French, Benoit Paysant-Le Roux and was unique in his design. The wing has a slight incident with the wing higher in the front. The stab is centered but the elevator is offset. The kit is very light and I selected the lightest setup I could find but wanted to have power.

My Setup
Motor - Super Tiger .10 370 watts 33 amps.
ESC - Castel Creations THUNDERBIRD-36
Servos - HS-65HB
Battery - 3S 2200

I just finished building and have yet to fly the plane. I will say I took the plane out back, and was holding the plane with one hand while having the throttle at around 50%, while letting go for a split second and seeing the plane hang. I know this plane will perform well because it seemed so balanced just hanging briefly. I canít wait to get it trimmed out and see how this uniquely designed plane performs.
50mph is offline Find More Posts by 50mph
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 11:06 PM
Pacific Northwest
Joined Jan 2009
353 Posts
I built and flew this plane until I had a linkage failure and totaled it. I liked it so much I searched and finally found a replacement but have yet to build that one. I Flew mine with a park 480 and loved it. The kit comes with terrible hardware so I used some lightweight CF pushrods and the CA failed at the clevis but the plane itself is one of the best I've flown. The New Power/Modelisme Leader was also a great flier, I don't know why they never made it as a company
crawlspace is offline Find More Posts by crawlspace
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2003
350 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a cowling new/used?, maybe some wheel pants?
Anything would help.
Thanks
Hawker007 is offline Find More Posts by Hawker007