SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 02:47 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Build Log
B-25 Mitchell "TONDELAYO": The Landing Gear & Robart Goodyears

I did a major modification to the B-25 TONDELAYO landing gear.

I didn't like the looks of those big bulky bay doors hanging down when the landing gear was deployed, so I adapted the mod I did with the bay doors on my "Auntie Samantha" P-51, and made them disappear.
Once again, I utilized the Microgear sequencer to get them to do what I needed. Like the P-51, I got the doors to close after the Landing Gear deployed. First thou, I needed to figure a way for the doors to clear the struts in the closed position. The solution was quite simple, I just cut slots in the doors so they would clearance the legs.

Once I figured out what I needed to do with the doors, I sat out to replace the wheels with something more scale. For the nose wheel I chose the DuBro 1 3/4" spoked wheel. For the main gear I first tried a 2 1/4" wheel, but there wasn't enough clearance to close the doors completely, so I settled on a set of Robart 2" diamond tread Goodyears.

With the Microgear controlling the LG/Bay doors, and those Goodyears, the TONDELAYO is looking Goooood!

B-25 Tondelayo__Landing Gear (3 min 37 sec)
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Feb 25, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:19 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,197 Posts
Great Info Tom , thanks for the link and details !!!!
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:14 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I did a major modification to the B-25 TONDELAYO landing gear.

I didn't like the looks of those big bulky bay doors hanging down when the landing gear was deployed, so I adapted the mod I did with the bay doors on my "Auntie Samantha" P-51, and made them disappear.
Once again, I utilized the Microgear sequencer to get them to do what I needed. Like the P-51, I got the doors to close after the Landing Gear deployed. First thou, I needed to figure a way for the doors to clear the struts in the closed position. The solution was quite simple, I just cut slots in the doors so they would clearance the legs.

Once I figured out what I needed to do with the doors, I sat out to replace the wheels with something more scale. For the nose wheel I chose the DuBro 1 3/4" spoked wheel. For the main gear I first tried a 2 1/4" wheel, but there wasn't enough clearance to close the doors completely, so I settled on a set of Robart 2" diamond tread Goodyears.

With the Microgear controlling the LG/Bay doors, and those Goodyears, the TONDELAYO is looking Goooood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBRKtfB8kD8
I picked up a pair of the 2 inch diamond tread wheels, they do look great. but, they seem heavy. Have you had any issues with them?

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan