HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:06 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmedshorty View Post
I have attempted to fix the blade 450 3d rudder a few times with the dx6i I had changed the tail servo and the fellow at the hobbyshop sold a trex 450 part instead of the stock servo i changed it out to this servo but now i have replaced that servo with the stock servo again. my husband had a major wreck with this heli since I put it back together I have put new metal blade grips, tail boom casting and tail servo holders, new servos I recentered them set the 10 degrees on the blade pitch, I believe I have all of the front done up the right way but now the rudder is not doing what I want it to do without the heli on and hooked up to the servo the suspension arm is straight and not binded and will move freely when I turn the heli on I had the rudder centered but it was still not acting right. Now when I go right on the rudder channel it seems to move fine but when I go left it goes realllllly slow. It is moving in the right direction so I know it is not back words. One of the heli guys at the hobby store moved the tra adj on the gyro I have no idea what to do at this point. I have the dx6i settings close to what the Manuel is but It still won't work. Got any ideas.
For starters you could bypass the gyro and plug directly into the receiver to verify that the servo is functioning as it should. If it is then with the gyro hooked up, heli on, throttle hold on to prevent mains from spinning, move the tail right and left with your hand and see if it responds accordingly. Might be a bad gyro....
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:34 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,579 Posts
I've got a wobble on the main gear, any ideas on the cause? A few posts have previously suggested either the OWB of frame bearings may be the cause, but it doesn't really come up with a definate solution. Bottom gear seems to run true, just the gear that the motor pinion mates with is wobbling.

Cheers...
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:03 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Might be some of the screws holding the OWB on to the gear have gotten loose, or the gear itself is warped. Either way a tear down and inspection will verify the problem, all the second guessing here wont do.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:03 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Might be some of the screws holding the OWB on to the gear have gotten loose, or the gear itself is warped. Either way a tear down and inspection will verify the problem, all the second guessing here wont do.
Had some main gears spare, swapping has proved there's no difference. OWB seemed fine as it came off the main shaft easily enough. Can't tell if the main shaft bearings have any play either.

Thinking it through, I've 'presumed' it's the OWB, bottom gear runs true, so if it isn't the OWB it must be the main shaft bearing (unlikely) just above the main gear (only other possibility is the shaft is bent...which it isn't BTW).

I've ordered the OWB (complete) and main shaft bearings too, hope it cures it, I'll let you know.
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
My 450 3D has arrived Just wondering if there is anything I need to check and/or fix before my 1st spool up.. like a common issue/quirk I should look for?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:15 AM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
My 450 3D has arrived Just wondering if there is anything I need to check and/or fix before my 1st spool up.. like a common issue/quirk I should look for?
I went through mine and made sure everything was tight as it should be. Also leveled the swash and set pitch. Charge batteries and fly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=TWTSTncLpYU#!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:44 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Balance the blades. Be very precise. It will be worth it.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
if you flying in a large area....dont forget to do range check...
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:05 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Oh, and take a picture. Always take a picture before any 1st flight.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
better yet...take a video of the maiden....
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:47 AM
United States, LA, Oak Grove
Joined Oct 2006
381 Posts
anybody have any trouble with the stock 420 motor cutting out in flight
stutts121472 is offline Find More Posts by stutts121472
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
anyone noticed the recent price reduction on Blade 450 3D BNF BASIC. guess it makes sense with 500 available. but @ 170...seems a good deal.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Last edited by Reef_rc; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_rc View Post
anyone noticed the recent price reduction on Blade 450 3D BNF BASIC. guess it makes sense with 500 available. but @ 170...seems a good deal.
Its a crazy good deal..Perfect for anybody wanting to break into cp flight on the cheap side, And have a quality heli to learn with.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
+++10 for price reduction.....
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:30 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Where are you seeing this price reduction?