SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, IN, North Vernon
Joined Jul 2012
20 Posts
I am using the skyfly CT6B tx, will the rx channel settings be the same? I am just trying to figure out the way I need to plug my servos into te rx. I have never setup a cp heli so I am lost on this one. I got the heli yesterday and I look foward to getting it in the air but I'm not sure how to hook it up.
donnieb84 is offline Find More Posts by donnieb84
Last edited by donnieb84; Sep 05, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
http://www.leaderhobby.com/img/menu/...ish_manual.pdf

it looks like the channels are the same. best way is to hook em up and see. you wont hurt anything by connecting the wrong channels. you are gonna have to setup all the channels, limits, curves anyway. then level the swash, the setup the blade pitch, etc ,etc.

Just dont fly it till you KNOW it is right. and disconnect two of the motor wires so it wont spin up on you.

personally would have gotten a better TX for a heli like that. the th9x is not much more and has all the setup on the TX. you are gonna get real tired of hovering for 10 seconds, then running in the house to change a setting, then come back out, hover, go back in, wash,rinse,repeat.
minbari is online now Find More Posts by minbari
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
20 Posts
I am planning on getting a DX6i like what comes with the rtf but until then I am hoping to make this one work so that I can at least check it out.
Thanks
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieb84 View Post
I am planning on getting a DX6i like what comes with the rtf but until then I am hoping to make this one work so that I can at least check it out.
Thanks
you will have to replace the RX as well.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
20 Posts
Yeah, I know. I think that the spectrum rx and DX6i will be a better setup. I am just wanting to get it in the air with this one so I can see how she flies.
Thanks again
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieb84 View Post
Yeah, I know. I think that the spectrum rx and DX6i will be a better setup. I am just wanting to get it in the air with this one so I can see how she flies.
Thanks again
I agree
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Hey guys,

I've just gotten my 4503D last week, first foray into 4CH helis after some coaxials and a lot of planes. Having a lot of fun so far.

Two questions: seeing as I'm mostly just practicing hovering and doing some lazy flight, is it generally accepted that I can lower the throttle a bit? I've got it set at the default intermediate setting (I think that's 75% from memory). Would be nice to get a few extra minutes of flight. If I do that I'll add a minute or two to the timer.

Second, after flights my motor gets quite warm (I'd say just under 60C, almost too hot to touch). I'm just wondering if this is normal on helis, on planes I'm used to having engines land cool or just barely warm. Seeing as I'm in OZ, and it will get significantly hotter, I don't want to risk damaging hardware, and I might have to upgrade the motor just to keep things cooler. The ESC and batt look fine, don't seem to be straining the ESC at all.

I also am getting a little tail waggle at spool up, I've dialed a percent less of gain into the Tx, looks like that's the acceptable practice?
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
If run less head speed you will need more pitch to stay in the air. Doubtful this will save you anything, plus it can make it unstable of you lower it too much.

Don't have a blade so cant comment on that. My razor motor is quite cool on landing

Basically you want the highest gain that does not wag. sounds like you got it right
Last edited by minbari; Sep 06, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Makes sense, this bird is very stable at the moment so I don't want to screw with that.

What about the motor temp then? Do they generally run hot in RC copters?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:52 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znybar View Post
Makes sense, this bird is very stable at the moment so I don't want to screw with that.

What about the motor temp then? Do they generally run hot in RC copters?
It's going to be a bit toasty. Not a lot of airflow in that area, at least in comparison to an airplane. Especially if its just hovering. You've just put a 3s 2200 pack into the motor in 5 minutes time. Thats a lot of energy and heat. My packs are coming down hot, can't imagine what the motor is like.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:16 AM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Must all be down to efficiency and airflow then, because I'm pulling over 50 amps in one of my fun planes and emptying the 2200 in even less time, engine runs cool though.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:30 AM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znybar View Post
Must all be down to efficiency and airflow then, because I'm pulling over 50 amps in one of my fun planes and emptying the 2200 in even less time, engine runs cool though.
true, but I was surprised to learn how little airflow there actually is in near the rotor shaft. I was watching a nitro heli hovering and the smoke was actually travelling up the side of the body toward the blades. I'm sure that plane you mention has a nice clean opening where forward speed rams a lot of air through the motor. Also on the landing approach you are probably giving the motor a decent amount of time at near idle to cool itself down until touchdown. the telemetry system on my bird demonstrated that to me. It's really amaizing what we put these machines through. Even when we don't crash
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
I think some are just more efficient than others. people make fun of the razor for being cheap, but nothing gets hot on it at all. I hover for 7-8 mins per 3s 2200 and after a flight the motor is barely warm, battery is cool and ESC is barely warm.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:46 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Im thinking of making small holes on the underside of the canopy just to let some air inside the canopy.......
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:29 PM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minbari View Post
I think some are just more efficient than others. people make fun of the razor for being cheap, but nothing gets hot on it at all. I hover for 7-8 mins per 3s 2200 and after a flight the motor is barely warm, battery is cool and ESC is barely warm.
Lots of variables though, if you are flying 7-8 minutes chances are its a less powerful heli. Not bashing it, just stating possibilities. If I went 8 min with this blade 1-2 minutes of that would be to walk to wherever it hit LVC and fell to the ground at. I have a feeling this 450 is a fairly powerful bird. I have nothing to compare it to that i have flown, but I currently fly it at a predominantly nitro rc field. So I fly the pattern and do loops, rolls, hammerheads, etc. I'll be darn if that little 450 couldn't chase down most of the 40 size nitro birds. She be a quick one.