HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:30 AM
Build, Fly, Crash. Repeat.
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
The mCP X is just incredibly responsive, but the FBL system makes it seem insanely stable to me.

If it feels squirrely to you, you probably just need to dial in some dual-rates or more expo until you get used to it.

But I agree that because of its size, its not a good example to judge all FBL systems by.
nick_onelove is offline Find More Posts by nick_onelove
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
The mCP X is just incredibly responsive, but the FBL system makes it seem insanely stable to me.

If it feels squirrely to you, you probably just need to dial in some dual-rates or more expo until you get used to it.

But I agree that because of its size, its not a good example to judge all FBL systems by.
I have dual rates at 75% and expo at 50% (DX7). That should be way more than enough "tone down". And, I'm "used to it". I didn't say I couldn't fly it...just that I wasn't convinced that FBL is "all that" based on that heli.
mhunter is offline Find More Posts by mhunter
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
If you ever plan on flying aerobatics/3D in idle-up, get out of the habit of chopping the throttle RIGHT NOW with this (or any) collective pitch heli if you crash...or a crash is imminent... In idle-up, especially idle-up 2, you're going to have a bunch of negative pitch at the bottom of the pitch curve and a bunch of throttle, too, for inverted flight and parts of maneuvers. 100% throttle at full low stick for a 3D set-up. "Chopping/cutting/dumping" the throttle will only drive the bird into the ground. You need to set up your Throttle Hold switch and learn to use that. Flipping that switch will immediately take throttle to 0% and is much faster than you trying to chop the throttle, which you don't want to do for aforementioned reasons.

That said, I just got back from 4 wonderful "very spirited" flights...with my 35C batteries. Motor and batteries came down just a touch warm. Perfect. I really need more than 4 batteries for this bird.
For someone who claims to fly 3-d or hard flying. Why do you have so much expo dialed in along with duel rates ?
gemini3 is offline Find More Posts by gemini3
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Yeah, that's why they named it the Blade 450 3D.

Believe me, this bird rock and rolls just fine in that aspect. Maybe you'll get there one day and see for yourself.

Horizon does sell a 2200mAh 3S 30C battery. And it's even an E-Flite battery, which is their own "flavor". But I'll take the Hyperion 35C battery for the same price (or less) over that piece of poo. My LHS sells the Hyperion for $42/ea.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...D=EFLB22003S30
Again why so much expo ? ...You really need to keep your story's straight. Your all over the place !!! If you have the mcpx downed so far down. what are we to believe you do with the blade 450 ??
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
edited... Offending member added to ignore list and reported...
Last edited by mhunter; Oct 16, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,881 Posts
Easy guys, easy!
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Last edited by gemini3; Oct 19, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:08 PM
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
Just because someone makes a few spelling or grammar mistakes doesn't mean their entire argument is invalid. This is the interwebz after all.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
This thread was back on track and ticking along just fine until this guy wanted to derail it...again... He's on my ignore list and reported...now back to our regularly scheduled B450 programming, please.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:16 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,133 Posts
UNSUBSCRIBED

Now I need to go find my binky
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Last edited by gemini3; Oct 19, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:39 PM
iFlybarless
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
UNSUBSCRIBED

Now I need to go find my binky
I second that motion.
FlybarlessMatt is offline Find More Posts by FlybarlessMatt
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Anyone running the harder 80 durometer blue head dampers? If so, how do you like them? Has anyone actually worn out a set of stock head dampers yet?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
Yeah I put in the blue dampers when I upgraded to CF blades and the aluminum blade grips.

I can't tell how much of it is the CF blades and grips and how much of it is the dampers, but cyclic response is definitely a little crisper.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
Yeah I put in the blue dampers when I upgraded to CF blades and the aluminum blade grips.

I can't tell how much of it is the CF blades and grips and how much of it is the dampers, but cyclic response is definitely a little crisper.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, without isolating one or the other, it would be difficult to tell if the dampers had that much of a effect. Just switching to CF blades made a HUGE difference (obviously) on my otherwise stock B450, so I'd speculate that most of what I'd experience with both the blades and blue dampers would be the result of the CF blades. I'm really more interested in the longevity of the blue ones over the stock black softer 70 durometer dampers. I wonder if anyone's flown a B450 enough yet to wear out the stock ones.