SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2011, 12:44 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
284 Posts
Red 182 new FMS with N# due at NitroPlanes

Dear Neil,
Nitro has order this plane, they are on the way to US, please wait patiently.
Best regards,
Ivy

--

Shenzhen Famous Electronic Tech Co.,LTD

WEB:www.fmsmodel.com

在2011-05-08,"feedback@service.alibaba.com" <feedback@service.alibaba.com> 写道:

-----原始邮件-----
发件人:"feedback@service.alibaba.com" <feedback@service.alibaba.com>
发送时间:2011年5月8日 星期日
收件人:"info@fmsmodel.com" <info@fmsmodel.com>, "leohou@fmsmodel.com" <leohou@fmsmodel.com>
主题:[neildahl@tx.rr.com]Please send me more information on your Cessna 182,RC,foam

Alibaba.com
07 May 2011 23:33(GMT-8)
[country]United States[/country] [memberseq]120329000[/memberseq]
Please send me more information on your Cessna 182,RC,foam

Dear Leo Hou,

I'm interested in your product(s)
1400MM Cessna 182
Upgraded Cessna 182 is coming to knock them out!

Is there someone in the USA that sells this plane.

I cannot find anyone who sells this new version with the Lights Flaps, and the USA N#.

Nitro planes has 2 but they are not exactly like your red model.

Please let me know!

Neil
This is urgent. Please reply within three days

Mr. Neil Dahl

Company: N/A
Country/Region: United States
Address: US
Email: neildahl@tx.rr.com
TEL:
FAX:
Message Origin: United States
Message IP: 24.242.218.*

Add to Contacts

Vincent,

This is the message I just got from FMS... looks like Nitro is going to bring in the red one with the US N#

Looks like I will end up with 2 182's

Neil
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 12:46 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
I ordered mine from SN hobbies. With the free shipping it costs about the same as buying it from NP.
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168
Old May 09, 2011, 07:14 PM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
LOL.
Do they have the prop adapters in stock?
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old May 09, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
63 Posts
actuallly they pretty much have everything in stock for the cessna
bri23520 is offline Find More Posts by bri23520
Old May 09, 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
Best news I've heard.
The model I see is the 6CH Red with different coloring.
Its the same as the Blue 6 CH version from Nitro then?

David

I am just looking for parts that are compatible..and to switch to a 2 prop. Been very tough to get any specs. Prop diameter on 3 blade vs 2 blade 5 CH version etc...stuff like that.
Old May 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
Just got off the phone with Canada. they don't have ANY parts for the newer 6Ch version of the Cessna 182 55".

they are expecting parts in sometime this month...they say..

FYI
Old May 10, 2011, 04:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Just got tracking for my order and I'm pleasantly surprised to find out it will get here on Thursday.

So they take 1 day more than NP to get planes to me, which is fantastic for being in Cananda and NP being in the same state as me.

But I'll wait to see if the plane actually get to me on Thursday before really celebrating.
Old May 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
Just got tracking for my order and I'm pleasantly surprised to find out it will get here on Thursday.

So they take 1 day more than NP to get planes to me, which is fantastic for being in Cananda and NP being in the same state as me.

But I'll wait to see if the plane actually get to me on Thursday before really celebrating.
Vincent,

Keep us posted and send some Pics!!!

Neil
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Old May 12, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Well, the Fedex guy dropped off a big brown paper wrapped box today!! So the Cessna did arrive 4 days from when I ordered it. Ordered on Sunday, got here Thursday.

There was some damage to the box since it was not double boxed, only wrapped in brown packaging paper, the corner of the styrofoam box was cracked in 2 places but the only damage to the plane was a ding on the wing. No biggie.

Opening the box yielded some surprises. My box came with a battery and battery charger! Wasn't expecting those. The battery is a 3s 2200 (iirc) 25c lipo and is already wired for the ESC with the same connectors.

I then eagerly started putting the plane together but ran into some issues.

1. The front steerable wheel needed to be attached to the servo. But I found out that the shaft was not at 90deg to the axle of the wheel so it was listing to 1 side. I pulled it apart and bent it using some pliers.

2. This is the biggie. FMS did not drill the holes for the wing joiner properly. 1 is higher than the other so when the wings are put together, they are not flush to each other. 1 sits higher.

I've stopped assemblying at this point. I've also contacted SN hobbies and sent them pictures. We'll see how they resond to this. So far I've been happy with the whole process, ordering was painless and shipping was fast. If this is taken care of, I will definitely buy all my FMS planes from them instead of NP.
Old May 12, 2011, 09:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
I am very interested to see if their cusotmer service is better than Nitroplanes.

Please keep us updated.
Old May 13, 2011, 02:44 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,557 Posts
I am almost finished with a Skytrainer conversion to a T-41, which was actually a Cessna 172, but it's pretty close. I might switch to a two blade prop and some larger Dubro wheels, but this is it for now. I wanted to post pics while it's still fresh! I dressed up the beady-eyed pilot a bit also......
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old May 14, 2011, 12:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Well, after waiting almost all of the next day after sending SN Hobby the pictures and not hearing back from them either with a phone call or email, I decided to call them right before closing.

It seems he did not get my email with the pictures so he checked the spam folder and found them there. He then hee hawed over them for a few minutes then told me I needed to email FMS. That got me a little hot under the collar.

After a few minutes of back and forth where I told him that I bought the plane from him and not FMS, while it is definitely a manufacturer's defect, my sale is through him. He finally agreed to send me new wings after I ship mine back to him. Which is a reasonable solution imho.

I've also emailed FMS, so we'll see what happens.
Old May 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Here is the reply from FMS.

Quote:
Dear Vincent,

I'm very sorry for that, and our QC is dealing with this problem after i received you mail, i received mail from SN Hobby at the same time.
we would have a meeting today about this problem.
please belive us, we would continuously inprove product qualit, and make our planes more and more better.

i would give you reply ASAP. sorry for that again.

Best regards,
Julie
Old May 14, 2011, 07:41 PM
West Michigan
Joined Feb 2010
144 Posts
possible floats?

Hey guys, does anyone know if this float kit will work for our planes? They're made for a 58.5" wingspan cessna and are stocked in Hobbyking's USA warehouse... Our stock 30a ESC and prop may have to be upgraded, but it looks like they might work with some minor mods to our fuselage... Price is $33 and dimensions are 33" x 4.5" x 4.5", 16oz including the hardware... Any thoughts?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15148
h2oman is offline Find More Posts by h2oman
Old May 17, 2011, 12:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Problem wing UPDATE

So FMS stepped up and will be sending me a new wing. SN Hobby also went to bat for me with FMS, sending them emails and having them send me the wing instead of going through him so that I will get it sooner.

Overall, I am satisfied with the final outcome. SN hobby handled it reasonably well and FMS defnitely stepped up. I will definitely shop from SN again.

Now, to wait for the wing to arrive!